Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post Match Views and Reaction vs. Bristol Rovers

Comments

• Options
    now hold cant have that Big C mate im sure there has to have been worse games under those other clowns but we are geting so use to seeing total shit we cant remember how shit the shit has been --- which is well shit !
  • Options
    I am sure that when Blizzard sees his challenge he will feel that it was unacceptably wreckless and consider himself luck to have stayed on. Impossible to comment on possible intent which I personally doubt but I hope he feels pretty bad about poor Grant.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Big C[/cite]i know people can say sacking managers isn't the right answer, its really done us well hasn't it blah blah blah, but i've been watching charlton for 17 years and that is the worst all round performance i've seen. We never played THAT badly under Dowie/Pardew/Reed.Tactics were all wrong so the management takes the blame there, the players were awful and there didn't seem to be any passion anywhere. I feel sorry to the fans that went all that way, when the games on tele too, to see that heap of shite. They should be refunded out of the players wages. Biggest mistake we've made all season was giving Parky a contract extension.
    That's been said so many times after each awful performance under those managers. So many terrible performances under many managers are easily forgotten.

Yes we have played as badly as that, and yes there has been less passion/effort than tonight.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Big C[/cite]i know people can say sacking managers isn't the right answer, its really done us well hasn't it blah blah blah, but i've been watching charlton for 17 years and that is the worst all round performance i've seen. We never played THAT badly under Dowie/Pardew/Reed.Tactics were all wrong so the management takes the blame there, the players were awful and there didn't seem to be any passion anywhere. I feel sorry to the fans that went all that way, when the games on tele too, to see that heap of shite. They should be refunded out of the players wages. Biggest mistake we've made all season was giving Parky a contract extension.
    You must have missed a LOT of games if a 2-1 defeat away at Bristol Rovers if the worst!

Tonight's performance was utterly, utterly dire. Shameful. Dreadful. But the worst for 17 years? I don't think so.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Wycombe in the cup? Sheff Utd at home? Countless away games?

i'll raise you nothwich victoria away in the first round as the worst performance. but it was a cup game and everyone wasn't counting it before so i think the same rule applies to wycombe for the quarter final fixture.
  • Options
    Although i am absolutely fuming with no positives about our performance i seem to remember us losing to Northwich then losing to Southampton but our next home game was a 5-1 victory. I'm not a Parky fan he did absolutely nothing to encourage our players to go on to draw/win. Only time i saw him shouting was at the fourth official.
    IF we WIN on Sat hopefullly morale will rise and we would start playing like we did at the start of the season.
    Also i saw NO organisation in the team unlike every other team we play who seem to get their players to gang up on Sam so he don't play well.

I'm just trying to find a reason....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]as much as ooh aah might pee you off,i think he gets peed off with people contionusly taking the positive out of pony.

exactly exactly exactly ......
    some can't see the shit from their eyes and the crap that is spouted bores me senseless, so rather than me saying you are blind and farking stupid for trying to see positives in a sinking ship i'll just repeat the shitty cliches that i have had to endure for 3 years as our club have become a laughing stock
    but hey-ho if it's positive you can write whatever bullshit you like
    but dare you mention that even tho we beat shitty fc 2-1 and the performance is not a good sign you get shot down ....
    everything in the shit i have written above will be a quote from some rose tinted fool or an actual fact .....FACT
  • Options
    After all the comments I've read I still think things will get better from this point.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]I am sure that when Blizzard sees his challenge he will feel that it was unacceptably wreckless and consider himself luck to have stayed on. Impossible to comment on possible intent which I personally doubt but I hope he feels pretty bad about poor Grant.

i make you right,i think you could see in his face for the rest of the game he knew what a poor poor challenge it was.Yes it should have been a sending off,but come on how many matches have you seen a sending off after 12 seconds,doesn't make it right in anyway just understandable,but as a team our reaction should have been much much stronger.
  • Options
    Then why don't you feck off then... please.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: StubleyAddick[/cite]Also i saw NO organisation in the team

If there is a game plan, it only takes opponents to superimpose there's - and then organisation goes out the window.

You're right - there's no organisation, no core to the team that ties everything together.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: windscreen[/cite]After all the comments I've read I still think things will get better from this point.

Are you a fan of the black night in Monty Python's Holy Grail per chance? ;-)
  • Options
    The only silver lining about retaining Parky is that we'd probably appoint someone shiter if he went.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: StubleyAddick[/cite]Although i am absolutely fuming with no positives about our performance i seem to remember us losing to Northwich then losing to Southampton but our next home game was a 5-1 victory. I'm not a Parky fan he did absolutely nothing to encourage our players to go on to draw/win. Only time i saw him shouting was at the fourth official.
    IF we WIN on Sat hopefullly morale will rise and we would start playing like we did at the start of the season.
    Also i saw NO organisation in the team unlike every other team we play who seem to get their players to gang up on Sam so he don't play well.

I'm quite a competent lip-reader: He was shouting "Hey Ref. how is it six minutes injury time, it should be ten" Desperate.........or what.........?
  • Options
    I cant blame the front pair, they hardly got a decent ball all game. If it wernt for Elliot it would have been game over in the first half. The back four get done for fun and when they do have posession cant pass the ball 10 yards. The midfield look like total strangers. Everybody on here and at the club know Baily's place is not on outside so we thats where he is played. Must be a good reason for that, wished we were told the secret. I like Sam butt when he does get into a good position picks the wrong option time after time. Mooney, when he went off I felt we stood a better chance with ten men.
    God alone knows what go's on at the training ground between games. I think it might be goalkeeping practice for Elliot he seams to be the only one that knows what going on.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]as much as ooh aah might pee you off,i think he gets peed off with people contionusly taking the positive out of pony.

exactly exactly exactly ......
    some can't see the shit from their eyes and the crap that is spouted bores me senseless, so rather than me saying you are blind and farking stupid for trying to see positives in a sinking ship i'll just repeat the shitty cliches that i have had to endure for 3 years as our club have become a laughing stock
    but hey-ho if it's positive you can write whatever bullshit you like
    but dare you mention that even tho we beat shitty fc 2-1 and the performance is not a good sign you get shot down ....
    everything in the shit i have written above will be a quote from some rose tinted fool or an actual fact .....FACT

How can positive opinions bore you senseless? Surely they're a lot more broad and interesting than banging on about Curbishley and how much you miss taking photos of Frankie Lampard and Ashley Cole?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]The only silver lining about retaining Parky is that we'd probably appoint someone shiter if he went.

Are you sure? are you 100% sure!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Daggs[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: StubleyAddick[/cite]Although i am absolutely fuming with no positives about our performance i seem to remember us losing to Northwich then losing to Southampton but our next home game was a 5-1 victory. I'm not a Parky fan he did absolutely nothing to encourage our players to go on to draw/win.Only time i saw him shouting was at the fourthofficial.

I'm quite a competent lip-reader: He was shouting "Hey Ref. how is it six minutes injury time, it should be ten" Desperate.........or what.........?

He had a point to be fair.

1 Goal - 30 secs.

3 substitutions - 1 min 30.

The Mooney clash of heads was a good 3 minutes or so, they had a player down for another 2 or 3 minutes and the game was stop/start all over the place, with a fair deal of time wasting.
  • Options
    And Lines got stretchered off for them
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]I am sure that when Blizzard sees his challenge he will feel that it was unacceptably wreckless and consider himself luck to have stayed on. Impossible to comment on possible intent which I personally doubt but I hope he feels pretty bad about poor Grant.

i make you right,i think you could see in his face for the rest of the game he knew what a poor poor challenge it was.Yes it should have been a sending off,but come on how many matches have you seen a sending off after 12 seconds,doesn't make it right in anyway just understandable,but as a team our reaction should have been much much stronger.
    First up, it was a red card, no question.

However, I understand why he made the challenge. He was sprinting towards a ball in space. Pacey had him beat to it and he lunged. It was stupid and he should have gone, but I understand why he did, and I imagine he feels bad. I hope the referee feels really bad, too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Have to agree with Chiz. Countless home games last year, against piss poor champ teams that we made look like almost competent teams. Coventry and Derby spring to mind, along with Wycombe at home a few seasons ago. I remember sitting watching Coventry last season, pissing myself laughing at how many of our players couldn't even commit a challenge. Watching Keith Gillespie have a woeful match, but still be positionally lightyears away from the other dross representing us was depressing if you didn't laugh.

The weaknesses in this squad of the last few years are still massively apparent. Personally I think it's a miracle Parky got us competing again. It doesn't stop me questioning why a manager has a formation that works away from home - 4-5-1 - but dumps it after a blip defeat. I'll support Parky for the rest of the season, but he needs to get back to packing in our effective spine and Lloyd Sam. By starting Leon Mckenzie on the left it makes us flexible to go 4-4-2 if the pattern of a match allows.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Daggs[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: StubleyAddick[/cite]Although i am absolutely fuming with no positives about our performance i seem to remember us losing to Northwich then losing to Southampton but our next home game was a 5-1 victory. I'm not a Parky fan he did absolutely nothing to encourage our players to go on to draw/win.Only time i saw him shouting was at the fourthofficial.

1 Goal - 30 secs.

The Mooney clash of heads was a good 3 minutes or so and the game was stop/start all over the place, with a fair deal of time wasting.

Yeah. he did have a point but i was mainly talking about him not giving intructions organisation etc etc... :D
  • Options
    crap bores me senseless chunes .....
    a positive opinion which makes sense i like to hear
    but being positive for the sake of positive when our club has gone fast track towards oblivion is trying to pretend there isn't a problem when there is imo
    these are bad times to be a charlton fan
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]He had a point to be fair.

1 Goal - 30 secs.

The Mooney clash of heads was a good 3 minutes or so, they had a player down for another 2 or 3 minutes and the game was stop/start all over the place, with a fair deal of time wasting.

True, but when do you see 10 minutes' of injury time? If it was given at our place when we were winning we'd all be pissing ourselves with disgust.
  • Options
    agreed
  • Options
    But you have to say that even without any consideration of other stoppages, time wasting etc.

That is a minimum of 7/8 minutes injury time. An absolute minimum. It may be rare, but it still may happen every so often!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]

1 Goal - 30 secs.

And you don't even mention the run of the mill times the ball was out of the field of play, ISaw.
    Or are referees instructed not to take that time into account these days?
  • Options
    i don't think that focusing on the missing 30 seconds will hide the fact that we were crap once again.
  • Options
    yeah ok maybe i was caught up in the anger of the performance, i have seen worse, of course, but its been a long time. I honestly believe it was the worst this season. Even the notable bad performances at NV at Colchester were better than tonight, at least we created something against them. We never looked a threat tonight, and yes I know we did score but only due to a lucky deflection. Oh well, this is the time for the players to prove themselves and Parky needs to get things sorted for Saturday.

Always look on the bright side of life, eh.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]i don't think that focusing on the missing 30 seconds will hide the fact that we were crap once again.

not hiding anything, i'm sorry i'm betraying the accepted line of we're shit, all is lost, think i might top myself, and talking about something not relevant to that particular strand of conversation