Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post Match Views and Reaction vs. Bristol Rovers

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]How can we lose to a side that have played most of the game defending their 18 yard line......?

Because nasty, niggling, hoofball side that Bristol Rovers were ....... they wanted it more, right from the start.

Being outfought has been a feature for a few weeks now. Inexcusable.

Being out fought has been a feature for the past few years, even when we had players with a small amount of talent
  • Options
    Get back to basics. One up front, overload the midfield thus protecting the carthorse defence.

We havent 2 good enough strikers to plsy 2 upfront.

Or maybe even one.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RedArmySE7[/cite]The similarities to the first season in the Championship are uncanny. We'll be 11th before we know it. Shocking tonight.

was just thinking this:

Manager takes over with around half a season to go, fails to stop the rot, starts season two well at the top of the league a while then begins to fall away after xmas....

So in order to prove he's better than Pardew, Parky now needs to ensure we do not fail to secure promotion. quite a simple job from where he's at if you ask me ;o)
  • Options
    no jonjo for2 games then brought back for swindon then left out tonite,same with waggy,says it all doesn't it parky hasn't got a scoobie.

I thought Bailey was our best player,yet after the last 4 games how the hell does he get to take our freekicks on the edge of the box.That says it all really doesn't it,Parky obviously hasn't noticed he cant get it over shoulder height.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Big C[/cite]All season, even when we've played awful, i've defended Parky but I just cant do it anymore, he has to go. That was a total embarrassment. If only we had the money to sack the useless git....

Been saying that for a while but been shouted down for months. Too late now to get rid this late in the season I think.
  • Options
    What a joke the ref was. How on earth can he only book the guy after 12 seconds. My thoughts are only with Grant, same guy brought down Nicky Bailey and yet Bailey was booked.

We didn't deserve anything from the game but we needed a strong ref. Lloyd Sam drives me up the wall. The commentators say he's great yet how many times did he actaully show any composure. Bring back Miguel, I love sam Sodje but he makes some very basic errors .
    Strange subs- Leon should have come on, Mooney is not even nearly good enough and not sure Sky even noticed we played the last 20 minutes with only 10 men.

Rant over. ( Don't blame Parky for everything, too much went against us today)
  • Options
    Bristol were nothing special tonight, I agree they defended their 18 yard line all game as teams have been doing to us for months now.
    Another team to want it more than us is also a feature of watching Charlton matches now!

Up front we are so slow,Apko was poor but was taken off but Burton was even worse!

Mooney brings nothing anymore,why cant Mackenzie start a game? at least he has some pace!

The buck stops at Parky, This is his team now,he signed these strikers etc!

I wish he would just go now,enough is enough!

Until we have a new management team in place our once great club will stay in this league as this season is like the 1st season in the Champ & next season we will sell our best players & will have a relegation battle to stay out of the league 2.

I know this post is negative & I love CHARLTON ATHLETIC but we can all see what is going to happen if things stay the same.

I would love to be proved wrong,I really would but how come players that leave us always play well for others clubs like Ambrose?

THE MANAGEMENT!!!!!
  • Options
    Everybody knows Bailey ain't at his best on the left wing, even Parky knows. That's why he got a left winger in.
    So why play Bailey on the left and leave Reid on the bench?
    Nobody could forsee the injury to Basey and that forced a change. But by half-time could Parky not see, we were screaming out for a left winger? Reid would have helped out Solly. Racon should have gone off to make way.
    When a change was required up front, we needed more muscle. So bring on McKenzie not Mooney!
    Incidentally, when Mooney clashed heads, the lump on his forehead seemed to come up before he hit the ground! Never seen that before.
  • Options
    What's happened to the passing game we had early season? It's largely the same players.

Hopeless tonight. I could have played in goal for Rovers and it would have been the same scoreline.
  • Options
    credit to bristol rovers they made it hard for us .....tough league ....11 games without a clean sheet ... we're still 3rd ... we've only lost 4 times this season ......it's all the fans fault for booing ....... doesn't matter leeds and norwich will have a piss poor run soon and we've still got to play them at home .....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Daggs[/cite]Racon should have gone off to make way.
    lol then it would have been 2-0 ;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Daggs[/cite]when Mooney clashed heads, the lump on his forehead seemed to come up before he hit the ground!

The Rovers' played had missed the ball in the air - and then thudded head first into Mooney.
    That's a foul.

If that contact had been with his arm or foot, it would have been a foul.
    And a bad one at that.

What planet was that referee on....?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]That's a foul.

right again
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]credit to bristol rovers they made it hard for us .....tough league ....11 games without a clean sheet ... we're still 3rd ... we've only lost 4 times this season ......it's all the fans fault for booing ....... doesn't matter leeds and norwich will have a piss poor run soon and we've still got to play them at home .....

Every game we don't win, you sound like you relish the occasion.

Wind ups can be funny, Ooh aah ..... but for crying out loud, change the record.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]credit to bristol rovers they made it hard for us .....tough league ....11 games without a clean sheet ... we're still 3rd ... we've only lost 4 times this season ......it's all the fans fault for booing ....... doesn't matter leeds and norwich will have a piss poor run soon and we've still got to play them at home .....
    i'l finish that for youu oohah......If only curbs was in charge.
  • Options
    if only dowie/reed/pardew was in charge
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Do you sit with your trousers round your ankles, cock in hand waiting for people to react to the same old shit that you spout after every poor performance?.

I'm as fucked off as everyone else after that result but as Oggy said, please change the record.
  • Options
    as much as ooh aah might pee you off,i think he gets peed off with people contionusly taking the positive out of pony.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Daggs[/cite]Racon should have gone off to make way.
    lol then it would have been 2-0 ;o)

The fact that in the 98th minute Racon hit a hard shot through a crowd of players which was deflected into the net by a defender. Doesn't alter the fact that for the previous 97 minutes he was crap!
    2.0 or 2.1...........points........ zero.
  • Options

Jokes dry now mate.

You seem like an intelligent bloke, so why act like a 4 year old when we lose?

It's a depressing night yet all you want to do is go on a wind up? Every time.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hope Base is alright. Suspected broken tib. Awful challenge. Scandalous breaking someone's leg is a yellow card, like kicking the ball away is.
  • Options
    Saddest thing about tonight is that it's possibly our lowest point this season, and they send the season ticket forms out. Awful timing.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Daggs[/cite]2.0 or 2.1...........points........ zero.
    calm down wendy there was a wink in there
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Vincenzo[/cite]Hope Base is alright. Suspected broken tib. Awful challenge. Scandalous breaking someone's leg is a yellow card, like kicking the ball away is.

Celebrating a goal...
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Complete and utter toss. Defenders too willing to pelt hopeless balls neck-height at the strikers. Strikers bloody hopeless anyway. Can't remember the last time we were so useless up front.

Complete and utter toss.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Vincenzo[/cite]Hope Base is alright. Suspected broken tib. Awful challenge. Scandalous breaking someone's leg is a yellow card, like kicking the ball away is.

Or getting booked when someone's already just tried to bring you down in the box - and before you can look up, the next defenders sprawling all over your back.

Yep, definitely worth the same punishment as breaking a player's leg with a late, late OTT studs up challenge.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Don't come the clever c**t with me, you ain't man enough ;0)
  • Options
    i know people can say sacking managers isn't the right answer, its really done us well hasn't it blah blah blah, but i've been watching charlton for 17 years and that is the worst all round performance i've seen. We never played THAT badly under Dowie/Pardew/Reed.Tactics were all wrong so the management takes the blame there, the players were awful and there didn't seem to be any passion anywhere. I feel sorry to the fans that went all that way, when the games on tele too, to see that heap of shite. They should be refunded out of the players wages. Biggest mistake we've made all season was giving Parky a contract extension.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Daggs[/cite]
    Don't come the clever cunt with me, you ain't man enough ;0)
    ha ha ha! i needed a laugh after tonights performance!

:o)

G'night all!
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited February 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Big C[/cite] We never played THAT badly under Dowie/Pardew/Reed.
    Woah woah woah.

Wycombe in the cup? Sheff Utd at home? Countless away games?