Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post Match Views and Reaction vs. Bristol Rovers

Comments

• Options
    it's all the ref's fault he changed the game by not sending that fella off after 12 seconds otherwise we'd have won ...........................
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]it's all the ref's fault he changed the game by not sending that fella off after 12 seconds otherwise we'd have won ...........................

I think you love it when we lose, Ooh Aah.

WUM supreme.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]it's all the ref's fault he changed the game by not sending that fella off after 12 seconds otherwise we'd have won ...........................

could there be a middle ground do you reckon?
  • Options
    The confidence in the team has gone. Only the manager can instill that in a team. If the manager's confidence has gone, then there's no hope. Disappointed with the lack of emotion from Parkinson. I would be bursting blood vessels all over the place during that 90 minutes and would have lost my voice by half time. I'd be in hospital with along side Basey nursing a broken hand having punched holes in the dressing room door. We need somebody with passion to instill the passion, NOW!
  • Options
    Am not a negative person but tonight was poor. We've forgotten how to pass a ball. Start of the season was all pass and move now its long ball rubbish. When was the last time we dominated a game?Played like strangers tonight. Could still be playing now and we wouldn't create. Genuinely like Parky but we seem to have real issues. Can't keep clean sheets, continually concede first, don't know our best 11. Would have taken 3rd and only 4 defeats at start of season but I think this masks the problems.

apologies but I've had a drink.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: robinson crusoe[/cite]apologies but I've had a drink.

And I think I need one.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]

I think you love it when we lose, Ooh Aah.

WUM supreme.

i hate it when we lose oggy and more than most ... my phone's bleeping with millwall and palace fans taking the piss and i went without most of that for years .... i love my club as much as the next man
    and it pains me to see how we've fallen, it may be easier for some to accept third tier/ rate football and try and look for the brighter points in it but as a club we are on freefall and we'll have one decent chance only of getting out of this league and that's this year ....
    we all deal with it in our own way, you'll write happy shit oggy and i'll write piss taking sarcastic shit but don't say i love it when we lose cos that is an insult to me
  • Options
    According to Mr Haines on Twitter, the scan on Basey may have ruled out a break
  • Options
    Not making excuses for our lot, but lets not be as nicey as our players, when discussing that tackle, eh? That tackle was a direct result of their manager telling them to go out and rough us up early on. The bloke is a no-mark crap footballer, like the one at Plymouth who did both Todorov and Lisbie, and the one at Stockport who did Pringle. And lets not forget Kevin effing Muscat.

these people earn good money for that. Our money.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]According to Mr Haines on Twitter, the scan on Basey may have ruled out a break

Best news I've heard in the last three hours
  • Options
    point well made PA and about him looking like he felt bad about it for the rest of the game... do me a favour, still niggling, still moaning at the ref and committed two other fouls at least as well
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PragueAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]According to Mr Haines on Twitter, the scan on Basey may have ruled out a break

Best news I've heard in the last three hours

"Its looking like Basey has avoided a break. Great news (GH)"
  • Options
    i like it when the bristol players/manager said 'he's not that type of player' ...... like they're gonna say he's a right dirty so and so and prolly half meant that ..... i wonder if colleagues of the players mentioned above by PA ever came out and said yep he would have meant to smash him to bits !
  • Options
    Rovers chief Paul Trollope said: "Dom's arrived a fraction of a second late."

At half-way up the shin height when the ball was at ground level. Perfectly understandable.
  • Options
    But you know what pisses me off is, its all there on TV, for the FA to see, the refs to see, the PFA to see how their members endanger the livelihood of fellow members and nothing happens, yet in the premier league there are retrospective punishments all over the place for far less career threatening incidents.

But we were crap, and we didn't have the bottle. That pisses me off just as much.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]Rovers chief Paul Trollope said: "Dom's arrived a fraction of a second late."

At half-way up the shin height when the ball was at ground level. Perfectly understandable.
    What he meant was, he was aiming for the ankle and accidentally caught him on the leg instead
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]we all deal with it in our own way, you'll write happy shit oggy and i'll write piss taking sarcastic shit

My "happy shit" isn't about wallowing in self-delusion - it's about trying to change a mindset, trying to show that there is another way - and our part in that, is to create a better atmosphere at matches, where supporters get behind the team.

As we used to do.
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]but don't say i love it when we lose cos that is an insult to me

Well, you could have fooled me. The joke has worn thin - and most of your posts are just wind-ups and piss takes to get some sort of reaction.

And that spells WUM to many on here.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]Rovers chief Paul Trollope said: "Dom's arrived a fraction of a second late."

I mean really you've got to laugh, otherwise you damage some household belongings.
  • Options
    I reckon Paul Trollope is living up to his name.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The curse of the 'Sky' strikes again!!!

Apart from that Charlton didn't play well, however spirits were probably somewhat deflated after losing Grant Basey so early, that weakening us not just in morale but in side strength (having to use a substitute after 1 minute) couldn't have given them a lot of confidence in the game. Thus having a knock-on affect throughout the rest of the game, put this with poor attack, lack of composure, an aggressive home side and a c***ing referee; no surprise in the result :(
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]I reckon Paul Trollope is living up to his name.

He was wearing Parky's schoolteacher suit and woolly jumper tonight.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]we all deal with it in our own way, you'll write happy shit oggy and i'll write piss taking sarcastic shit

My "happy shit" isn't about wallowing in self-delusion - it's about trying to change a mindset, trying to show that there is another way - and our part in that, is to create a better atmosphere at matches, where supporters get behind the team.

As we used to do.
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]but don't say i love it when we lose cos that is an insult to me

Well, you could have fooled me. The joke has worn thin - and most of your posts are just wind-ups and piss takes to get some sort of reaction.

And that spells WUM to many on here.

Nail on the head oggy, oohahh i know you dont mean anything by it but it does just make ppl more annoyed

For eg. when we lose like today i usually wont go on this site. firstly i didnnt watch it so have nothing to be annoyed about, secondly i would get annoyed just by reading it and then to top it off you have someone putting oh well blah blah blah as you do, no offense as i dont mean it personally just something which gets to me.

I dont voice it though as it may not some ppl, these arent your honest opinions so dont put them. if they are then fair play for being so positive, even im not that positive so carry on if thats the case
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Just got back and it was a thoroughly depressing and expensive evening. I don't know how you away regulars do it.
    I won't add to the 105 deserved posts of doom. I'm normally optimistic but I'm struggling after that.
    I was in the home end and my mate who supports Rovers summed it up when he turned to me and said: 'I can't believe the lack of fight in your team. Were you really in the Premier League?'
    Gutted.
  • Options
    I said 4 weeks ago that we've been found out. We are not good enough.

Please can someone (and you know who you are) mention that the players are frightened to play at home because of the boo boys. So please explain that shite to me.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley11[/cite]Just got back and it was a thoroughly depressing and expensive evening. I don't know how you away regulars do it.
    I won't add to the 105 deserved posts of doom. I'm normally optimistic but I'm struggling after that.
    I was in the home end and my mate who supports Rovers summed it up when he turned to me and said: 'I can believe the lack of fight in your team. Were you really in the Premier League?'
    Gutted.

Fair play to you.Watching that has royally ballsed my day up tomorrow.But actually being there to see it.That would be the whole week f****d!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: sadiejane1981[/cite]The curse of the 'Sky' strikes again!!!

Apart from that Charlton didn't play well, however spirits were probably somewhat deflated after losing Grant Basey so early, that weakening us not just in morale but in side strength (having to use a substitute after 1 minute) couldn't have given them a lot of confidence in the game. Thus having a knock-on affect throughout the rest of the game, put this with poor attack, lack of composure, an aggressive home side and a c***ing referee; no surprise in the result :(

I must add it was nice to see Parky actually (in his own polite way) criticise the ref, especially for the exposure of him 'not being too far away' !
  • Options
    Have to say though the ref was terrible. How the Blizzard challenge on Basey can warrant the same punishment as a shoulder charge by Semedo is beyond belief!
    Did the Bailey 'dive' look like a pen on TV? It looked nailed on from where I was standing and the Rovers supporters by me thought it was too.
    Let's hope we play against Yeovil like we did when down to ten men tonight. Looked a much better side with Reid and Sam on the wings and Burton up top on his own.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]

oohahh these arent your honest opinions so dont put them. if they are then fair play for being so positive, even im not that positive so carry on if thats the case

exactly johnnny i'm taking the piss out of writing positive shit for the sake of it and the points i made are the repetitive drivel that has been written on here after each and every wank and abject performance by us over the last few years .... but i take your point no one likes to hear the truth(well not in a sarcastic manner) but no matter what is written on an internet site it wont make those players better or worse ......
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley11[/cite]Have to say though the ref was terrible. How the Blizzard challenge on Basey can warrant the same punishment as a shoulder charge by Semedo is beyond belief!
    Did the Bailey 'dive' look like a pen on TV? It looked nailed on from where I was standing and the Rovers supporters by me thought it was too.
    Let's hope we play against Yeovil like we did when down to ten men tonight. Looked a much better side with Reid and Sam on the wings and Burton up top on his own.

The challenge on Bailey that got 'him' booked for some bizarre reason was the same as the one that Semedo got booked for. completely stupid!! Yes is was definitely a penalty!