Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Brighton - Post Match views

Comments

• Options
    "Goals win games, and if you're going for promotion then it is essential. We haven't had a goal threat all season, and i think it is our downfall as teams can play a slightly higher line against us as they know there is little realistic threat behind them."

The happy clappers were shouting people like me down saying how many goals weve scored etc etc?, yet its clear all this seasons striker signings havent any goals in the AT ALL.

Strikers, in the main, cost a lot of money.

BUT if you had the money would you give it to Parky to spunk up the wall?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]says something when i would rather watch the clown than akpo,but my god he is absoultely dreadful
    I wonder how many people realised he actually scored tonight?! Only the 2,000 left in the ground I think!

The other departed 12,000 got texts from the 2,000!
  • Options
    Can we have a rose tinted post please ?
  • Options
    The scouting system needs sorting out wot the f--k is going on.
  • Options
    Llera played well
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]says something when i would rather watch the clown than akpo,but my god he is absoultely dreadful

so true ... 10 out of 10 for effort ... but there's a load of fat c***s on here(myself included) who have a much better touch than him ....... i felt awkward and embarassed for him out there but he fought and battled well but if he's a footballer charlton will win league one
  • Options
    anyonew ho scouts akpo needs to go to specsavers
  • Options
    got to get rid of him and take a gamble

lets be honest if we stay with him and dont go up will we really be any worse off, i think we all know that unless massive investment comes in we are likely to be facing minus 10 in the not so distant future, i thank muzza and co for stumping up the 9 mill to get us through but i fear they have lost all of that money.

Sack him we should have last season with pardew, we should have after we got relegated and we should now this is not a gut reaction it is what i have felt since last year check back to when it was rumoured about Reading i said he would go with my best wishes we were second at the time and looking stronger than we do now.

he is clueless and yes the players let him down but he is at the top and takes the flack when it dont work and the praise when it does

to be honest i thought this run would come at the begining of the season but here it is now we are far too predictable and he is far too loyal to underpoerforming show ponies who should also piss off out of the first team
  • Options
    Spot on Afka.
    I said at the start of the season we can't rely on Burton keeping up the same scoring rate all season and we need to find another striker. We haven't done so, and have little threat up front. Without that goalscoring forward, the team loses confidence and knows that if it concedes the first goal, then it's going to be a real struggle to get back into the game. That has been Parky's biggest and costliest mistake.
    Like I said last week let's give Bailey a go up front, we have nothing to lose and we are not short of quality midfielders. None of our forwards has the goals in them to fire us to promotion.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Can we have a rose tinted post please ?

credit to brighton they made it hard for us .....tough league ....1 clean sheet in 13 ... we're still 4th ... we've only lost 5 times this season ......it's all the fans fault for booing ....... doesn't matter colchester, leeds and norwich will have a piss poor run soon and we've still got to play them at home .....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2010
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Vincenzo[/cite]

Can't believe he's the same player that came on against Yeovil away.

Was shocked how poor Reid was tonight as well. And Sam. And...
  • Options
    It's strange that McKenzie has got the number 9 shirt but has not even started a game, and seems to be a bit part player at best.
    In hindsight, not the best use of our limited funds.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Vincenzo[/cite]Can't believe he's the same player that came on against Yeovil away.

was that the one where we had the hurricane behind us for the second half?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AllLeftFoot[/cite]It's strange that McKenzie has got the number 9 shirt but has not even started a game, and seems to be a bit part player at best.
    In hindsight, not the best use of our limited funds.

great call wanted him got him and dont play him. now he must be really crap to not get a chane with this shit
  • Options
    I think The Hurricanes is what we need now TK
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Should have used more width - ie get out of the mud!

elliott shouldn't have been beaten by two long rangers - bad positioning

mooney is incapable of controlling the ball ( not alone in that respect)

fair play to Brighton - I thought they did well. They got at us

we missed Burton

anyone seen Lloyd sam lately? Saw him come out at half time but since then he hasn't been seen

only players in my opinion who come out with credit were llera and maybe Racon. Jackson wasn't too bad too
  • Options
    racon , the original show pony ....
    elliot one day will not get beaten from every long range shot and he could have had a champion clanger in the first half but the ref saved him
    how many times did reid over hit it .....
    just a real poor all round performance but not noticably different to saturday just came up against a slightly better side ...
    i now see us as 0% automatics 65% playoffs and 35% out of playoffs come the end of the season , i'll up date it after each game so you all will know where we'll end up ;-)
  • Options
    Alastair Campbell, the King of Spin was in the directors box. Even he couldn't have spun anything positive out of tonight's performance and I just feel totally crushed and bereft of hope.
  • Options
    Even if we stumble into the play offs, then what??

Far too inconsistent and talentless to go up.

Ive been saying there is a lot of football to be played but on tonight, not a cat in hells chance.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Opened this thread with trepidation , expecting to read incoherent ranting, but there's some quality analysis and grown-up observation here.

As WSS says, we're now looking over our shoulders very nervously indeed. Swindon and Huddersfield will overhaul us if they win their games in hand (if not before), leaving us slugging it out with Milwall for sixth place.

As AFKA says, no point in discussing Parky's position. He hasn't got what it takes to lift us for the fight. But he's not going anywhere, which is why for the first time this season, I am beginning to contemplate the possibility that we could finish seventh.

Another year in this crap league, watching crap teams playing crap football, and we lose our remainig decent players, the gates plummet - and we could end up like Palace and Portsmouth.

I don't have an answer to AFKA's question about whether we're massively under performing or we're just rubbish. I don't know.

But even when we win (once in the last seven games) it was unconvincing. I couldn't help notice that those who pointed this out on here on Saturday night got shot down in flames by the 'we're still fourth' chorus.

The problem is there are two different kinds of fourth. There's fourth with the big mo behind us, playing consistently and on the way upwards. And there's fourth but not for much longer, inexorably slipping and sliding downwards with no idea how to stop the decline.

Which are we? Got a horrible, nagging fear it could be the second kind of 'still fourth'.
  • Options
    Anyone with brightly coloured boots out there looked like confident twits before they stepped on the pitch, then talentless one when they started playing! I wish half our players would stop with the silly shimmying and backpasses to elliot and play simply, and go IN for a tackle, please?
  • Options
    wasn't at game obviously but this is another blow for our financial situation. Parky won't get us out of this division. Lets hope Curbs comes up with a consortium and takes over next season.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ct_addick[/cite]wasn't at game obviously but this is another blow for our financial situation. Parky won't get us out of this division. Lets hope Curbs comes up with a consortium and takes over next season.
    Curbs was there tonight...
  • Options
    succinctly put incorruptible ...i agree the 'still fourth' is beginning to sound like the 2 years ago 'we're still 5th' bollox that was spouted out constantly
  • Options
    cheers now i am really pissed off god i miss that man
  • Options
    If curbs wanted to jump in to save us, I'm pretty sure he'd have done it already before it gets too much to save... we've got this season to get some money pumped in, before we sell the lot of 'talent' we've got.

Ah well, tonights in the past I just want us to pick it up from here. :(
  • Options
    No one in the future can moan if we end up with 10k STHolders and 12k crowds. No one can go on about Fair-weather Supporters in the future. No one can ask where have all the glory seekers gone?
    We had them, we kept a few in the first season in The Champ but slowly and surely they've been disappearing. And can you honestly blame them?
    I do not ever describe myself as 100% CAFC till I die etc. I am a football fan before a Charlton fan but have been going on and off for many years and 95 % on for the last 10. I am finding it increasingly hard to motivate myself to going. I missed a couple of games and then went on Saturday, enjoyed it and honestly thought that was the result that would send us on a run.
    I almost skipped down there tonight. Always preferred evening games. Met a couple of mates for a pint or two. It was all set up. That lovely light drizzle creating a misty atmosphere under the lights, the away end full and noisy. Perfect!
    Then we serve up a pile of crap like that - Yet again!
    Don't moan at our attendance in the future, don't moan about how many ST's we sell next season. Don't ask where all the plastics have gone. We had them, lots of them but we drove them away with a continued, consistent catalogue of negative, unentertaining, uninspired and unimaginative crap. And who, honestly, can blame them?
  • Options
    Just got home, not sure where to start really. I have always said that Parky should be given a chance, however tonight the tactics were beyond belief. Playing Bailey just in front of the back 4, Money in the hole behind Deon. Why and Why?.
    The only player to come out of the game with any credit was Miguel Llera.

Lloyd Sam is not good enough. Why was Waggy not brought on. Has Parky not been watching us recently. Waggy gets the ball and runs at the opposition creates chances and scares the life out of the opposition full backs. Since christmas 2 players have been sent off against us for fouls on Waggy. Lloys Sam isn't fouled as the know that they will get the ball back very very soon. He is incapable of staying on the wing he moves infield and simply condenses the play in the middle of the park. What did he create today?

Mooney is not a striker and he definatly isn't a link up player. When he gets the ball do any of us genuinly believe that he is going to create anything?

As mentioned earlier, why was Nicky Bailey playing so deep? 11 Goals from midfield yet he is sitting in front of our back 4. If we want someone to do that then pick Semedo and play Bailey in the hole.

Where is Jonjo? Answers please Parky.

Reid had a shocker, but in is defence he was a bit better 2nd half.

Give Leon a start. he can't do any worse than Mooney.

The 2 second half substitutions were just bizare. He was bringing Solly on, changed his mind and simply shoared up the defence, only to then let a goal in . That worked well.

Tonight was embarrasing on many levels but it is the night that I changed my mind on Parky.
  • Options
    Oh dear where to start tonight, after such a gutless display there were so many things that went wrong, I'll start with the problem that annoyed me the most - Why didn't we use the MIDFIELD!? Every ball went from defender to striker without going through the middle as a result Bailey looked completely lost out there and we didn't get use a lot of Racon's passing ability. For the position we arguably have the best in the division we didn't use it at all and completely bypassed it all second half.

Next Parky's subs and tactics were a joke, first he decides to play 3 at the back which I can't believe we've even tried in training but what was most shocking is that for at least 5 minutes he played Johnnie Jackson at centre back who before this season had never even played in defense! Then the decision to take off Jackson when he and Racon were the only 2 players to come out of the game with any credit was laughable, Reid was having a poor game and if Parky wanted to bring on a defender he should of gone off and Jackson should have been pushed forward. I also cannot understand how Sam and Mooney both stayed on the pitch tonight they were woeful, Sam should be the best winger in this league but he has to put more effort in.

As for Mooney I'm not a fan of his at all and I could even tell by his brief debut appearance against Huddersfield that he was a limited player, his heading and posistional sense are good but I really think if he didn't have his posistional sense then he would be a League 2 striker at best. Upfront overall we are desperately lacking any quality apart from Burton and this team I'm afraid has become Burton-dependant before he went off although he didn't do much we still had his hold up play and awareness being used and not 1 of the 3 strikers we brought on could give us the same thing. I've said it before and I'll say it again we need PACE upfront and I don't want to flog the McLeod horse anymore but would all of you still rather have Mooney and Akpo here than him? Or even Dickson for that matter, I would much rather send back either Mooney or Akpo and get someone fast in there has got to be someone available! All of the strikers are the same essentially big target men.

Tonight was a disgrace and couldn't of gone any worse with all the other team's winning and in 3 days we've gone from trying to get in the automatic spots to fighting to stay in the play-off places. Apart from Racon and Jackson I'm struggling to think of anyone who can look themselves in the mirror after tonight's game. As for Parky and don't want to over-react and start saying he should go but he really needs to buck his ideas up, he has made a lot of strange decisions this season with regards to subs and tactics cast your minds back to Colchester away where he waited until we were 3-0 down and out of sight before he did anything when everyone in the crowd pretty much knew to bring on McLeod and Sam Sodje at half time. We need to go back to 4-5-1 I feel which I know isn't the most exciting formation, but we played our best football at the start of the season using it and I think in some games we did play a lot like a League 1 Arsenal. I still have faith in Parky but if he fails to get us promoted this season than he has to go no question and anyone who thinks different really needs to get their heads examined, stability or not to fail with this team when sides like Swindon and Millwall put in peformances every week is unacceptable. On a final positive note there is still a lot of football to be played this season so keep the faith :) .