Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Brighton - Post Match views

Comments

• Options
    I'm not angry just despondent. I have realised that our much vaunted players are third division in ability but, with a few exceptions, the players of other teams have more heart and desire than ours. The huddle Brighton formed after their first goal epitomised their togetherness something we lacked tonight in my opinion.

The midfield was largely non-existent. It was if Claude Rains and his 3 brothers were playing there at times. Racon offers nothing defensively and, on tonights form, little going forward either. He also manages to disappear from the game in Ambrosian fashion for long periods.

The only players who can hold their heads up for me tonight are Llera, Dailly and Mooney. Mooney was inept at times for sure but he never hid and a player who never hides will always have my support.

The play-offs are possibly out of our reach if we have too many more performances like that.

In the second half I found myself wondering what the hell I was doing there and I rarely if ever have felt that way watching Charlton.
  • Options
    Wasn't as bad as Rovers to be fair, and at least I didn't have to travel very far to watch shite tonight. It makes you wonder why you do, but we'll all be back next week.. I doubt our team will be though.
  • Options
    Very low this morning, to get up and listen to that before going to work probably explains why I wanted to knock someone out at the train station.....

whats worse is the financial pressure, it wouldnt matter if we always had next season but we are haemorraging money every day and we need results to remain as a going concern, when we sell everyone next season its only gonna get worse, as in no great run at the beginning of the season, and all the fears I had at the beginning of this season(ie a fricken relegation fight) will be realised.....

Scared for the club..

finally very low in deed......
  • Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmLDlpapPKE

Skip forward to 3.05 to see my reaction
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Can we have a rose tinted post please ?[/quote]

credit to brighton they made it hard for us .....tough league ....1 clean sheet in 13 ... we're still 4th ... we've only lost 5 times this season ......it's all the fans fault for booing ....... doesn't matter colchester, leeds and norwich will have a piss poor run soon and we've still got to play them at home .....[/quote]
  • Options
    Fair Play you have a good point
  • Options
    if we can raise it to that level.
  • Options
    Great posts from AFKA and Jpb Junior !!!!!!!!!

I've been saying all season that we don't have a decent striker and tonight showed it, and the final straw was playing Mooney in the hole behind Burton ...........WHY ???? If anyone is to play that role it has to be Shelvey, not Mooney

Tonight was the night Parky finally lost the plot.

I actually appluaded him taking off Richadson and going 3 at the back.........but then he panicked, thought about bringin on Solly, changed his mind (again) and brought on Sam Sodje for Jonny Jackson, who is a natural left winger so is the best person to play a wing back role !

As for LLoyd Sam ........? He is out of contract in the summer and we should have cashed in during the transfer window as he guy is a waste of space. If he is a winger then my grandma is an alien. Sir Stanley Matthews would be turning in his grave watching him !

One final point. Parky (or his replacement if the board see sense at sack him tommorrow) should walk into the dressing room and throw away all the red, yellow, green, pink & purple, boots and tell the players its black boots until you can either shoot straight or trap a ball !!!!!
  • Options
    FAO Mark Kinsella and the coaching team. Here's ten things to focus on between now and Friday:

1. Not enough desire.
    2. Not quick enough into 50/50s & loose balls
    3. Physically weak in challenges (saw Akpo get pushed of the ball by a midget tonight - he just stood there and let it happen)
    4. Short passing not accurate enough so it too often needs a second touch to control it
    5. Long passing not accurate enough so it too often sails over the touchline for a throw
    6. Confusion between defenders and keeper about backpasses
    7. Not enough variety of attacking play - too predicable
    8. Wingers who baulk at running at the opposition
    9. Not getting enough men in the box
    10. Poor quality shooting - (10a. not enough shots, 10b. pausing too long before shooting, 10c. not accurate enough, 10d. not powerful enough)
  • Options
    Balls. Bring on Southend and Millwall where I'm going to get thoroughly drunk and ignore whats going on, on the pitch and just enjoy the day out.

Llera being our best player tonight says it all.

Lost count of how many chances Mooney had. My Dad was actually twitching and swearing under his breathe (got a few nippers near us) and he's seen it all over the years but think the current situation has actually managed to break him.

Sam and Reid were week old reversed scummy man pants tonight.

Hope Burton's only taken a light knock cos every other striker at the club isn't fit to be called a striker. Bailey up front please and I'd happily settle for Llera as a holding midfield player. At the moment I'd even play him up there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Opps forgot - not enough movement off the ball. But then every one forgets that one, don't they. Don't they?
  • Options
    I think 8 out of those 10 are down to lack of ability Stig rather than lack of training!
  • Options
    karim

We Never lost 8-1 bloody 1 mind you
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Ruddy22[/cite]karim

We Never lost 8-1 bloody 1 mind you[/quote]

Not this week....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Red Fraggle[/cite]Lost count of how many chances Mooney had. My Dad was actually twitching and swearing under his breathe (got a few nippers near us) and he's seen it all over the years but think the current situation has actually managed to break him.

my old man's been going since the '50s and he is a broken man. never been more despondent/passive. he's seen it all, but he can't stomach this.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]Parky (or his replacement if the board see sense at sack him tommorrow) should walk into the dressing room and throw away all the red, yellow, green, pink & purple, boots and tell the players its black boots until you can either shoot straight or trap a ball !!!!!

Why not? We've tried everything else and run out of other excuses.

In fact, it sounds just like a Pardew post-match press conference towards the end of his benighted reign : ''I don't think the coloured boots helped us today. It was very muddy out there and that's not easy when you've got yellow or pink footwear on''.
  • Options
    Post tomo. Too tired & pissed off

Just got back.

Akpo Sodje has the slowest turn and worst touch, ever.
  • Options
    Team were shit
    Managment is shit
    Pitch was shit

Everyone at the club seriously needs to wake up before its too late

We were beating teams for fun in the first 6 weeks know we collectively couldn't beat an egg

Sort it out parky or walk the plank, I've had enough of this dross
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Team were shit
    Management is shit
    Pitch was shit

Everyone at the club seriously needs to wake up before its too late

We were beating teams for fun in the first 6 weeks know we collectively couldn't beat an egg

Sort it out parky or walk the plank, I've had enough of this dross
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WereByFarTheGreatest[/cite]Pitch was shit

Harsh, I've seen worse in the premiership. The ground staff are some of the few people that come out of this whole shitfest with some credit.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    how people can be saying that we are not good enough to go up is beyond me and that we are "talentless"... we definitely have the potential to be the best team in the league.. all you have to do is look at the first 9 games of the season, we were 60 seconds from a win at norwich, and were considerably better than all the other teams we played... this therefore proves that something has gone very wrong since then, there are many possible explanations (teams have sussed us out, injuries, tactics, formations, loss of confidence(performance and pressure of other clubs) but only the coaching and playing staff know. bottom line is that we are in a dire run, which is all too familiar from the past two seasons ... time to go back to basics and get behind the team and have the fundamental belief that we can still make the championship. if we don't believe what chance do we have as a club
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Great post. I suppose if we, the fans, don't have a shred of belief, how can we expect them to if we are the ones that are supposed to have the "bug", that passion and blind faith every football fan has. What a mess this is. And the worst thing is we have an away game in less than 72 hours, that we now must go and get a win at, MUST, on the back of a lifeless load of rubbish and with a probably knackered and most certainly demoralised squad and in all likeliness no centre forward and with no left back. If ever there was a time to get something it must come now.
  • Options
    Utterly despondent after that. What makes it worse is I thought we just might have turned the corner after the Yeovil game.

It was so bad in every area that it's difficult to pinpoint any areas in particular but I will say this; This team seriously lacks bollocks.

Brighton were quick to close down but not remotely dirty but that was enough to send far too many of our players into their shells.

I could see the logic of the change of formation but either our players were too thick to deal with it or the coaching staff need to have a serious look at themselves, we were a complete shambles.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]if we, the fans, don't have a shred of belief, how can we expect them to

Or you could put it the other way round. If the players don't have a shred of belief - and tonight they clearly showed that they don't - how can we?

The crowd 'problem' is not as black and white as is sometimes made out. It's a complicated and symbiotic relationship. The players react to the mood of the fans. But not unreasonably the crowd react to the perceived effort on the pitch.

When things aren't going well, that can easily became a toxic cycle for which neither side or both sides are equally to blame, depending on how you chose to look at it.

Yes, sometimes the crowd needs to be a little more patient (although god knows over the last three years our patience has been tried to the max). But perhaps the players also need to show more backbone in the face of crowd dissaproval - a kind of ''right, we'll show 'em'' type response rather than hiding, as a few of them are starting to do.
  • Options
    good points well made
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafc18[/cite]how people can be saying that we are not good enough to go up is beyond me and that we are "talentless"... we definitely have the potential to be the best team in the league.. all you have to do is look at the first 9 games of the season, we were 60 seconds from a win at norwich, and were considerably better than all the other teams we played... this therefore proves that something has gone very wrong since then, there are many possible explanations (teams have sussed us out, injuries, tactics, formations, loss of confidence(performance and pressure of other clubs) but only the coaching and playing staff know. bottom line is that we are in a dire run, which is all too familiar from the past two seasons ... time to go back to basics and get behind the team and have the fundamental belief that we can still make the championship. if we don't believe what chance do we have as a club

It's where this dire run may eventually take us that worries me. It is all too familiar. We were in the top 6 for most of our first season back down in The Championship under Pardew, then finished well outside the playoffs. We were relegated the folliwing season. We could easily finish outside the top 6 this season if Huddersfield, Swindon and Millwall win their games in hand and Millwall beat us at The Den. We are good enough to get promoted but not playing the way we currently are. If we fail to win promotion this season I really fear for us.

Tonight was the worst we have played all season. Akpo's finishing was terrible and Mooney's wasn't much better either. On top of that Parkinson's substitutions and tactical changes were bizarre.
  • Options
    Outplayed in every position by a bottom 5 side.

Awful night; not just because of the football. 30% of all audible songs were homophobic. Brighton fans were great conversely - 2.5k in fine voice. Fair play to them.

What's going on with our pitch? Is Millwall's as bad?
  • Options
    Nothings bad when I think back to Sandford Bridge. Although we couldn't seem to get the ball rolling last night, literally.
  • Options
    Our performance levels have been dropping away for many months now. Parky has tried his best and overall has done a good job with very limited resources. However one has to draw the conclusion that he's got all he can out of this squad of players. I cannot see how he is going to suddenly turn things around, as he seems to have tried hard but is now simply clutching at straws.
    If we are to have any chance of going up, even via the play offs, then we need a big boost, right now.
    Curbs coming back might provide that, just as he did at the appy ammers to keep them up.
    I'm hoping that the fact that he was there last night together with Peter Varney quitting and then coming out in the press saying that Curbs was our best ever manager, might mean something. But now I'm clutching at straws as well.
  • Options
    we really dont look a good side at the moment and dont know if we will again this season we have know balance or shape to our play and i seriously fear for the future of our football club because it looks like the playoffs at best and if we dont get promotion through them we are financially in shite.