Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Ultimate mobile phone - iPhone

Comments

• Options
    It's quite amazing. It just seems to allow you to flow through the various screens. It puts every mobile interface I've ever seen to shame. I'm at work with someone who has one, but he can't make calls in Bermuda as there's no ATT. Just uses it for music, photos and internet. Great to play with though, even without the phone. And as a first generation product, you can just see where it is going.

Word is the MacMini will be no more quite soon. Not sure if it is being replaced by something new or canned all together. Which means either you'll get a great deal on a discontinued product/model or the chance to buy the latest new low-end Mac.
  • Options
    That'd be just my luck if the Mac mini goes just after I buy one - if it'd been launched three weeks earlier I'd have bought that instead of the crap PC I have now...
  • Options
    should have bought my one when I offered it mate

http://www.charltonlife.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=8746&page=1#Item_3
  • Options
    I have a mac mini, had it since it came out. Nice little machine, but if they scrap it i will be pizzed orf! Time for a new machine for home then? Laptop praps, or a nice intel inside one!! ooooh decisions decisions
  • Options
    iPhone to be available in the UK from 9th November, on O2, costing £269 for the phone, and line rental at £35 minimum a month.
  • Options
    £35 a month. Are you all mad???

Stop, take a deep breath, work out exactly how much this gismo will enhance your life, then laugh at your foolishness and forget about it.
  • Options
    A contract would cost £899 over 18 months, now I like Apple gadgets, but that's too much, considering I could get a shiny new MacBook for that price, and a top end phone
  • Options
    That's about what I usually pay for a car...
  • Options
    Apparently it is quite easy to unlock the iPhone from AT&T/O2:
    http://technology.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/tech_and_web/article2529881.ece

So you can just use your own contract or pay as you go
  • Options
    even better you can now make your own iPhone at a fraction of the cost
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    iPhone - 2MP Camera, cant send pics, slow internet.... No thanks.

I'll stick to my N95
  • Options
    Sony_Ericsson_W880i.jpeg

Just got one of these, 4 gig memory card, 3g, 2mp Camera, light and thin.

Perfect!
  • Options
    dont like the look of those bittons tho rothers dood, they look a nightmare for he with sausage fingers, and i aint even got sausage fingers!
  • Options
    People & their bleedin phones/blackberry's etc oh I can get e-mail on this & download this & do this.......it's only a phone get a life :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]dont like the look of those bittons tho rothers dood, they look a nightmare for he with sausage fingers, and i aint even got sausage fingers!

It's ok O, takes a bit of getting used to, but there not as bad as they look.
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]People & their bleedin phones/blackberry's etc oh I can get e-mail on this & download this & do this.......it's only a phone get a life :-)

Blimey, you're sounding more and more like someone approaching their big 40
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]People & their bleedin phones/blackberry's etc oh I can get e-mail on this & download this & do this.......it's only a phone get a life :-)

Blimey, you're sounding more and more like someone approaching their big40[/quote]

That actually bought a big grin to my face, touche...
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    I've unlocked my iPhone and am using it my old Vodafone contract.

Have to admit (not the biggest fan of the Apple Corporation), it's pretty darn good!

Web browsing is pretty stunning and it's the only mobile i've used where you can visit any site without a problem (except Flash sites, but who cares about those).

Email good too, lack of 3g is disapointing but Edge works ok.

The iPod function works real good too.
  • Options
    I have an unlocked one too reserves, and it's the sh!t. Proper 100% full internet in a proper 100% web browser over wifi is what does it for me. The Charlton Life tabs are fooked a little tho, I'll have to work on that.
  • Options
    Yep, amazing! all the 3rd party apps are pretty good too.

I'm sure you know but make sure you don't update the iPhone when Apple release the new firmware!
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Yep, no updates for me till the hackintosh lot sort it out.

Just discovered SendSong allows you to set ringtones from your iPod, and Apollo is great for AIM, MSN, ICQ and Jabber messaging. It seems there's a VoIP App on the way... yeehaw!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    GIBBERISH ALERT !!

ALSO THE MUSIC ONE ABOVE - WHAT ARE YOU LOT ON ABOUT FFS?
  • Options
    Can we have a link from BabelFish so we can translate Lookies post from Geek to English please?
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Dan, you're just jealous of the size of my memory stick.
  • Options
    Looks like, if the rumours are correct, the iPhone is going to Orange... thank god for that!

orange-iphone.jpg

http://www.phonesreview.co.uk/2009/05/06/iphone-rumour-orange-uk-to-gain-iphone-3g/
  • Options
    I hope not . If it does then I hope 02 will still have it as well.

Just switched to 02 from orange on a month to month in preparation for the new iphone and I get a crap orange signal at home
  • Options
    Can an Iphone be "hacked" to work on any network?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: buckshee[/cite]I hope not . If it does then I hope 02 will still have it as well.

Just switched to 02 from orange on a month to month in preparation for the new iphone and I get a crap orange signal at home

That's the big question at the moment. Will it become exclusive to Orange or be on both networks...?

My contract with Orange has just run out, so am eagerly awaiting the announcement... if Orange don't get it then I'll be off to O2. Been with Orange since the 90's though, so really dont want to leave
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]Can an Iphone be "hacked" to work on any network?

Yes - Lookie had it done i thought!
  • Options
    And, for those who heard my contribution to the hit single "Proud to be an addick" best of all you get.....

IBone

Seriously- is it possible to "adapt it so that it can act as a modem for a laptop....?
  • Options
    Looks like it'll be possible with the new software which is coming in July