Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Ultimate mobile phone - iPhone

Comments

• Options
    really!

What toss!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]really!

What toss!

The 3GS has it but I'm pretty sure it's only to connect to accessories, such as headsets... not for connecting to other bluetooth devices, laptops, mobiles etc
  • Options
    i'll check mine later.
  • Options
    anyone know how I can transfer all my numbers?
  • Options
    1. Write them on a bit of paper.
    2. Input them into the new phone.
  • Options
    damn that'll be so boring!
  • Options
    All iPhones (Original and all) have bluetooth. It was just "handicapped" to only do certain things.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]anyone know how I can transfer all my numbers?[/quote]

>Settings
    >Mail, Contacts & Calendars
    >Scroll down to Import Sim Contacts.

Bingo..........
  • Options
    First iPhone post ;o)
  • Options
    how do you convert songs to ringtones?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If you have a mac, use Garage band, if not then try google fir suggestions
  • Options
    Will an unlocked Iphone work on 3?
  • Options
    Yep it will
  • Options
    Hmmmmm... Anyone wanna buy an E71 and a 16gb Ipod Touch??
  • Options
    But you lose functionality like Visual Voicemail and a few other things
  • Options
    Got a year left on my current contract - I'm probably going to wait that year and change then. Hopefully the Iphone will not be restricted to 02 by then.
  • Options
    Do these £40 contracts include internet access or is that extra?
  • Options
    it's a 5 year deal with O2, and if it ends early, it'll be on the base models, not the top model at the time
  • Options
    all include unlimited data and wifi on Cloud and BT Openzone hotspots
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]all include unlimited data and wifi on Cloud and BT Openzone hotspots

Thanks for that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]Got a year left on my current contract - I'm probably going to wait that year and change then. Hopefully the Iphone will not be restricted to 02 by then.

If you buy a factory unlocked iphone everything will work with whatever sim provider you have currently....We have one and its been working fine since January....Kay needed it for both her Aussie and UK Sims.....however, Ive had a couple of tries with software unlocked phones with Orange and 3 sims and its riddled with problems...both phones were returned as they clearly wont work with Orange...the most common fault was incoming calls going straight to answerphone.....sms messages not being received for hours and then arriving like London Buses....so beware of Software unlocked.

Ive given up and just got the new Samsung i8910 (Im a long term Orange customer).....a fantastic phone in both our opinions and in some aspects better than the iphone...may well be worth considering this if you dont want to pay a small fortune for a factory unlocked iphone or dont want to be stuck with just one phone provider......

Hope this helps
  • Options
    The other half got one last week through a discount from work, as they use o2 worldwide, did not have to pay for the handset, but could not get the new S? model.

£35 per month, less 30% discount, and it gives her 600 minutes & 500 texts, bargain, after 2 years she goes onto a standard contract.
  • Options
    Ok so very belatedly about to buy an iphone, any advice? Thinking as i have a 30gb ipod will need 32gb iphone - correct? Also how long does battery last?
  • Options
    Smashed the f*cking screen today dropping it. Gonna cost me £140 notes to get it repaired.
  • Options
    If you have to carry all your music around with u then obviously the 32 is what you require. I went from a 160gb classic to a 16gb 3g, which was an annoyance at first because i had a few massive playlists, but tbh with Genius now, it can make a decent playlist with what u have on the device so personally im fine. But the difference is quite big in financial terms.

I find the battery lasts a day max, but that does includes me playing games in lectures, using the ipod when im out and a fair bit of texting. I understand the 3gs is better though

If you're buying now, check out the new tariffs from Vodafone, and Orange (i'm not sure if they're announced yet tho). They vary slightly.

Also bear in mind that Apple will announce a new one in April so if you can wait until then, it might be better to. I'm not upgrading to the 3gs in December when my contract runs out for that reason.....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: allez les addicks[/cite]I find the battery lasts a day max, but that does includes me playing games in lectures, using the ipod when im out and a fair bit of texting. I understand the 3gs is better though

If you're buying now, check out the new tariffs from Vodafone, and Orange (i'm not sure if they're announced yet tho). They vary slightly.

Battery life is no better with the 3GS... am charging mine twice a day!

Orange tariffs are out (not Vodafone yet) and barely differ from O2. Orange advertise 'unlimited data' with a fair usage policy of only 750mb... whats that all about?
  • Options
    now can watch tv on it just perfect the final bit of the jigsaw watch live footy last night on train....great phone
  • Options
    Yeah, the TV thing is pretty amazing and free for now at least, only works on 3G and wifi though.

Here's the link: http://iphone.tvcatchup.com/
  • Options
    The new iPhone OS was announced the other day:

iPhone OS 4

Does anyone know whether there's going to be a new iPhone model in addition to the OS upgrade? I'm eligible for an upgrade, but not sure whether I should do so at the moment. If a new model is coming out this summer, it would be a bit of a wasted upgrade. I realise that I need the 3Gs to take advantage of some of the new features.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]The new iPhone OS was announced the other day:

iPhone OS 4

Does anyone know whether there's going to be a new iPhone model in addition to the OS upgrade? I'm eligible for an upgrade, but not sure whether I should do so at the moment. If a new model is coming out this summer, it would be a bit of a wasted upgrade. I realise that I need the 3Gs to take advantage of some of the new features.

There is a rumoured iPhone HD to be coming out in the summer in the US but probably not here until the end of the year (remember they have just released the iPad so they'll let that furore die down first).

If you want to wait for a HD output and a flash on the camera then wait!