Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Ultimate mobile phone - iPhone

Comments

• Options
    http://www.theiphoneblog.com/2009/05/07/iphone-3g-uk-vodafone-action/

Rumours of the i phone coming to vodafone

All will probably become clear when this happens

http://developer.apple.com/WWDC/
  • Options
    announced last night and out next friday , called the iphone 3gS.

Once again apple come up with the goods

http://www.apple.com/uk/iphone/
  • Options
    More importantly for current iphone users, the long awaited 3.0 software update is out next Wednesday June 17th.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: buckshee[/cite]announced last night and out next friday , called the iphone 3gS.

No free upgrades for current users (unlike last year) is a big mistake IMO

I got mine on release day and so have 6 months more contract to run......in 6 months the O2 exclusivity deal expires and its free to other networks so surely they would want to tie people in again!??!

For the limited number of enhancements I can't justify the outlay on a brand new one so will stick to the 3g
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: buckshee[/cite]announced last night and out next friday , called the iphone 3gS.

Is the iphone 3gs the same hardware as the current phone but with 3.0 on it?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SE10Addick[/cite]

Is the iphone 3gs the same hardware as the current phone but with 3.0 on it?

No - faster processor, better camera and voice control.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]Can an Iphone be "hacked" to work on any network?

yep deffo got a fella at work that can do it allegedly
  • Options
    Just lost my phone on saturday, so buying a new one, saw this, looks quite interesting, a blatent complete design theft of the iPhone, at a fraction of the cost!!!

ScIphone
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU16[/cite]Just lost my phone on saturday, so buying a new one, saw this, looks quite interesting, a blatent complete design theft of the iPhone, at a fraction of the cost!!!

ScIphone

Never heard of this and it looks about as dodgy as they come if you ask me

All the best with that!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]Can an Iphone be "hacked" to work on any network?

yep deffo got a fella at work that can do it allegedly

If you're on Vodafone though then be wary. My boss did the same, but it got dodgy reception, calls kept cutting out, things like that. In the end he paid about £500 for a proper unlocked one off t'internet.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tariffs and prices for the new iPhone 3GS and the existing 3G are now on the O2 website...

http://shop.o2.co.uk/update/paymonth.html
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]Tariffs and prices for the new iPhone 3GS and the existing 3G are now on the O2 website...

http://shop.o2.co.uk/update/paymonth.html

Never understood all the fuss it's only a Frakkin phone. Medders could do his Blog everyday though eh Fatboy !
  • Options
    Anyone got a 3GS this morning then?
  • Options
    I've just ordered one on upgrade. Prob take a few days to arrive though.
  • Options
    Ah, I saw a long queue of bellends hanging about outside of the phone shop waiting for it to open and wondered what was afoot. That, adults going to stores at midnight for Harry Potter books and the corruption of parliament really define how far we've fallen as a society.
  • Options
    ...and jeremy 'kin kyle
  • Options
    This is a thread about the iphone. Can we at least have one thread that doesnt descend into people moaning about irrelevances?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]Ah, I saw a long queue of bellends hanging about outside of the phone shop waiting for it to open and wondered what was afoot. That, adults going to stores at midnight for Harry Potter books and the corruption of parliament really define how far we've fallen as a society.

Absolutely. A mate in Basingstoke got to the O2 shop there about 8.45 this morning. He was still queuing at 10.30... why? Don't get me wrong, I want one but I'm happy to wait til tomorrow or next week
  • Options
    am about to try the software upgrade (have to say I wasn't to impressed that they were apparently bringing out much better hardware so soon till I was reminded that a significant but possibly not as good software upgrade was out for the 3g). Always going to be new models though, bit like football kits eh.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I thought that carphonewarehouse had converted to an early morning lap-dancing club today. every store i passed had a long queue of shifty looking blokes hanging around outside with one hand in their pocket and half and inch of drool trickling down their chins.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    getting mine delivered today as I am at home following last nights night shift . Which means I'm looking much like the description above really.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kigelia[/cite]I thought that carphonewarehouse had converted to an early morning lap-dancing club today. every store i passed had a long queue of shifty looking blokes hanging around outside with one hand in their pocket and half and inch of drool trickling down their chins.
    LOLed out loud at that.

Ah, I thought they were doing some World of Warcraft tryouts in them from the state of the punters I saw.
  • Options
    Updated my iPhone 3g and lost everything. Then found out my backup is corrupted so I had to start from scratch
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: buckshee[/cite]getting mine delivered today as I am at home following last nights night shift . Which means I'm looking much like the description above really.

At least you're not standing in a q, in public. I can see why people like these things it's just that if someone asked me to stand in a q because the second coming of jeebuz was upon us, I'd nip down the pub and wait until all the hoo-ha had died down. It's the way they're prepared to stand in a line of other gimps. Whenever I ask anyone who has one of these devices what is so great about it compared to the opposition they ALWAYS mention the spirit level app. I have never needed a spirit level, other than for tasks in the home where I have a spirit level. It's an odd USP, but it seems to work. I'd have thought an app that translates your texts into Klingon would be more the thing.
  • Options
    still annoyed, the 's' is what the original 3g should have been..

:(
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]Updated my iPhone 3g and lost everything. Then found out my backup is corrupted so I had to start from scratch

Wasn't your music, podcasts and apps all saved on your computer anyway?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kigelia[/cite]I thought that carphonewarehouse had converted to an early morning lap-dancing club today. every store i passed had a long queue of shifty looking blokes hanging around outside with one hand in their pocket and half and inch of drool trickling down their chins.

Tell me about it, 3 hours in the queue only to find out the poxy place only sold phones ;)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]Updated my iPhone 3g and lost everything. Then found out my backup is corrupted so I had to start from scratch

Wasn't your music, podcasts and apps all saved on your computer anyway?

indeed - but it won't sync for some reason so can't get my apps back as they were so need to reinstall them. Just annoyed at losing loads of photos of my daughter :-(

never mind - life goes on
  • Options
    I had a look at it this morning in O2 at Bluewater - no queue there. It's certainly faster than the two earlier versions but you don't get the 3-Meg camera and videophone unless you buy the 16g version. The entry-level 8g has the old 2-meg camera and no videophone. The bluetooth is still limited to headsets and you are tied to the ridiculous I-Tunes if you want to use you PC with it.

I'm going to wait and look at the N97 next Friday. The only downer for me is that O2, my network provider, won't be taking the N97, so I'll have to change networks if I want one. Pain in the arse but it would give me a bit of satisfaction to see O2 lose a Customer as a direct result of trying to corner the I-Phone market.