Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Ultimate mobile phone - iPhone

Comments

• Options
    New blackberry tour...come on, it might not be as sexy, but the Canadian economy needs some love too!
  • Options
    Updated my iPhone 3G.
    Very impressed with the new MMS facility that includes your pictures in the conversation string.
    It WAS a pain in the bum having to go online every time someone sent a picture but that's all in the past.
  • Options
    Just got the 16 gs iphone.

Now I am totally hopeless with anything technical but the iphone is a great tool. Especially for business people on the road.

Only down side was that it turned up with no instructions or i-tunes cable.

Spent 6 hours having panic attacks trying to get it to work. . . . the camera and video are brilliant and a an eye opener for a techno phobe like me.

My main concern is that I am going to smash it as I constantly dropped all my old mobiles. . . .
  • Options
    Get the HTC Magic - its amazing!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]

My main concern is that I am going to smash it as I constantly dropped all my old mobiles. . . .

Get yourself a case for it. I have one that clips onto the back and has a plastic screen to protect your screen.

you'd hardly notice there's a cover on it, but i've dropped it a few times now and its fine.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]My main concern is that I am going to smash it as I constantly dropped all my old mobiles. . . .

Same as what I got. Lovely bit of kit.

I got the insurance for mine... wouldnt risk completely trashing it or losing it. Have no cover on mine at all, as I read a review where they tried to damage the screen with various objects such as keys etc... they failed.
  • Options
    Now I have worked my funds and can afford the 8GB Iphone 3G is it worth the £34.46 a month? (roughly what I spend now)
  • Options
    Got mine the day the new ones came out and have to say I love everything about it , morons problem
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]Now I have worked my funds and can afford the 8GB Iphone 3G is it worth the £34.46 a month? (roughly what I spend now)

Pay the £80-odd up front and get the 16gb 3GS for £35 a month (24 month contract)... don't see the point in buying the old phone now
  • Options
    I agree with Buckshee and Medders. 3GS is amazing!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]Now I have worked my funds and can afford the 8GB Iphone 3G is it worth the £34.46 a month? (roughly what I spend now)

Pay the £80-odd up front and get the 16gb 3GS for £35 a month (24 month contract)... don't see the point in buying the old phone now
    lol if only I had that money to burn lol - Is it true that it is possible to download the S setttings?
  • Options
    Got mine at the weekend, and love it
  • Options
    Spoken to 02 and been advised of the following

The 8GB i Phone 3g is in no means a lesser phone it is still fast etc the main differences being the 3GS is twice as fast but the 3Gis very fast already. - Good

The 3GS has voice recognition and a 3MP camera with recording capabilities the 3G does not have this but if you own a digitalcamera do you need a good camera on your phone? True and i do have one

And do you use voice recognition already? No

So I will by the 8GB 3G IPhone
  • Options
    I use the voice control thing, it's great.

Spend the extra, get a 3GS
  • Options
    No point i'll be paying an extra £10 pm which with how tight my funds are just isn't cost effective (if i could afford it i'd already have it!)
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]Spoken to 02 and been advised of the following

The 8GB i Phone 3g is in no means a lesser phone it is still fast etc the main differences being the 3GS is twice as fast but the 3Gis very fast already. -Good

The 3GS has voice recognition and a 3MP camera with recording capabilities the 3G does not have this but if you own a digitalcamera do you need a good camera on your phone?True and i do have one

And do you use voice recognition already?No

I'm loving being able to take video footage , really useful and very good quality
  • Options
    But that's why i have a high quality digital camera! don't tempt me please!
  • Options
    but you don't carry that round at all times do you?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]No point i'll be paying an extra £10 pm which with how tight my funds are just isn't cost effective (if i could afford it i'd already have it!)[/quote]

I have 16GB 3G.

Just download the software update so you get the 3GS operating system. If you can live without video and voice recognition then you won't have any problems. Personally, have no desire to have either of those functions.

One thing to check out is the 3g reception in your area. SE18 is perfect, but it can be weak in some areas.

Don't know if you saw my Bray pictures, but they were all taken on the supposedly rubbish 2mp camera. Personally I think the camera is better than the 5mp on my old n95.

Also, I'd been an O2 customer for years when I got mine, that meant my sim wasn't 3g compatible - O2 upgrade them for free if you have this problem.
  • Options
    cheers clem good for a 2MP then done deal tomorrow!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: buckshee[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]Spoken to 02 and been advised of the following

The 8GB i Phone 3g is in no means a lesser phone it is still fast etc the main differences being the 3GS is twice as fast but the 3Gis very fast already. -Good

The 3GS has voice recognition and a 3MP camera with recording capabilities the 3G does not have this but if you own a digitalcamera do you need a good camera on your phone?True and i do have one

And do you use voice recognition already?No

I'm loving being able to take video footage , really useful and very good quality

Ditto, especially with the little man doing stuff on the spur of the moment.

The compass is a useful addition too - makes the GPS far more usuable IMO
  • Options
    I have the iPhone 3GS - it's the nuts, in fact I'm using it to send this message!!!!
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    la di fooking da! I'll get the 8GB
  • Options
    YAY I now have an I phone but no one warned me i'd have to hook it up to I tunes before i can do anything!
  • Options
    Have they finally managed to get Bluetooth on this phone yet :-)
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]YAY I now have an I phone but no one warned me i'd have to hook it up to I tunes before i can do anything![/quote]

Once you are up and running get yourself an app called Pandoras Box - big help if you don't want to spend money on apps. It streams all apps that have gone from paid to free in the last 24, 36, 48, & 72 hours. Also has a really good list of freebies.
  • Options
    Cheers Clem

Ketman are you being serious it doesn't have Bluetooth? ha ha ha who cares!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]Cheers Clem

Ketman are you being serious it doesn't have Bluetooth? ha ha ha who cares!

It's got bluetooth
  • Options
    phew....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]phew....

The Original Iphones never did !