Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England vs Algeria

I know its a little early but the latest news being reported is that David James will replace Rob Green.

Comments

• Options
    I hope he doesn't!! i think on his day he is our best keeper but has far too many clangers, off days so can imagine him doing what rob green done

I would have before the tournament gone with Joe Hart in goal, but now i would stick with Robert Green if he is in the right frame of mind. My point is once you have picked a keeper for the tourney it becomes to risky to change it, also Rob Green will now have a point to prove so doubt he would cock up again.

Might aswell talk about it early VG get in the mood for later :o)
  • Options
    It's a tough one, I wanted Joe Hart to start the first game. I'd rather he played as he has the potential to be our number 1 for the next decade and more so getting some valuable WC experience now would be invaluable. Add that to the fact he was the highest placed in the league of all the goalkeepers we've got out there for me it's a no brainer really.
  • Options
    People are saying Hart is inexperienced but James has never started a WC match either.
  • Options
    I would have Hart as well. Although to be honest, we should be able to play Carragher in goal and still get a win tonight. Keep hearing that there are no easy games in the world cup, but this is Algeria...if we cant beat them easliy then we dont deserve to be there.
  • Options
    Yes Gary because Spain and Brazil found that easy against Switzerland and North Korea respectively!!!
  • Options
    I wouldnt put Algeria anywhere near as good as Switzerland
  • Options
    I wouldn't put England anywhere near Brazil or Spain either.
  • Options
    So many Sicophantic England fans in the office today with their shirts on and that. They have never even been to a football ground before.
  • Options
    Agree that Joe Hart should've started. Looked the best keeper out of the 3 from what I saw this season.

Although I would've also taken Paul Robinson ahead of Green & James from his performances this season.

Interesting that Germany went with Neuer, the youngest of their 3 'keepers at 24, rather than the more experienced Butt and Wiese. Commentators have said that the German management etc have said Neuer is the one long term, so stick with him.

Whether that would've been the case if Enke hadn't have died I'm not sure, but at least they are planning for the future constantly.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]So many Sicophantic England fans in the office today with their shirts on and that. They have never even been to a football ground before.

Just let them support their country.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]So many Sicophantic England fans in the office today with their shirts on and that. They have never even been to a football ground before.

Yeah RU!!!! thats one of your major pet hates isn't it? still wimbledon coming up so we can all jump on the Murray bandwagon soon, i will probably end up starting the thread ;o)
  • Options
    Sounds like Defoe is also being considered for a starting place.
  • Options
    Keepers union here.

Green has to play. He made one mistake, how many did the other 10 make ?

Heskey / rooney /Lampard (did he play)? etc.
    They feck up, then 10 others sort out the problem , keeper fecks up, 99/100 times no one else to sort it out.

James is a liability and should not be near the squad.

Hart I agree looks promising, but in my view behind Green.
    I'd play him if I had to (sending off /injury) before James.

If Green blows it, then fair do's he's out Hart in.

After WC I'd start again and go with Hart for next 4 years.
  • Options
    Green cost us 2 points with that howler. plus he's West Ham. bin him.
  • Options
    Heskey cost us 2 points too, so did lampard, Lennon, Milner , WP, Cole, Terry, King, Rooney, etc.

Not down to 1 mistake.
    Yes he should have stopoped it, but we also should have played better and scored more.
  • Options
    no they didnt, they may not have won us 3 points, but they didnt cost us. Green did.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]

Yeah RU!!!! thats one of your major pet hates isn't it? still wimbledon coming up so we can all jump on the Murray bandwagon soon, i will probably end up starting the thread ;o)

It is my friend but i am biting my tounge this time mate lol cant wait to destroy your wimbledon thread ;-)
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    "Should 've let the players know who was playing the day before"

"Shouldn't have played green"

"Heskey Should never be let near an England shirt"

"Why not play Joe Cole"

"Milner!!! you mad"

Capello Does listen to all this stuff you know

20953770_images1355432_Don_Capello.jpg

Yeah.Right.Save your breath.
  • Options
    They did cost us at least 2 points (Heskey , if not 3 , all the others)

Who closed down the shot? no-one.

Who put in a decent cross? No one.

Who missed a sitter apart from heskey? No one.

I agree it was his mistake that was costly, my point is how many others made mistakes too that were covered up by 10 other players

Watch tonight with a keepers eye view. !

P.s We'll win tonight 2-0 (with Green in goal ) and will go through with Slovenia.

(If he cocks up tonight i'll bow down. )
  • Options
    I would go with Joe Hart, imho the best keeper out of the 3 and unlike the other two has been in very good form and has no fitness issues. Also Joe Hart is surely going to be in with a good chance of 1st choice for the next few years.

I know it is not the same, but Joe Hart has played in under 21 tournaments so has some experience of the environment. Apparantly he is a very calm and level headed guy and for me he is less of a risk than some may believe.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    To me that howler is only comparable to a player missing from two yards...or a short back-pass or shocking og.

Goalkeepers, they all stick together i know!!!
  • Options
    "Goalkeepers, they all stick together i know!!! "
    (you've got it)

:-)

We're all on the same side.

Let's hope we do it tonight without any issues.
  • Options
    James, Johnson, Terry, Carragher, Cole, Lampard, Barry, Lennon, Rooney, Gerrard, Heskey
  • Options
    edited June 2010
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RedArmySE7[/cite]James, Johnson, Terry, Carragher, Cole, Lampard, Barry, Lennon, Rooney, Gerrard, Heskey

good enough team for a 3 nil england topping the group by 10pm
  • Options
    Princes Billy and Harry singing God save our Nanny...

Bless 'em...
  • Options
    20 minutes played and easily the worst game of the tournament so far...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]20 minutes played and easily the worst game of the tournament so far...

Not if you're Algerian. All over us at the moment. I like the look of that bald bloke of theirs at the back - reckon he could do a job in Div 3.
  • Options
    Heskey has the first touch of a Sunday League player, embarrassing stuff so far.
  • Options
    This is absolutely fookin abysmal. Utter, utter shite of the worst kind. Clueless, unimaginative tripe. WTF is up with Shrek?