Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England vs Algeria

Comments

• Options
    bring back the birch and national service. I blame a lack of competitive sport in schools, PC nonsense, the end of empire and ITV.
  • Options
    What did he say to the camera ?
  • Options
    You get booing from the home fans, that's loyal supporters in ans annoying scouse accent
  • Options
    Rooney's comment is inexcusable. Not a defender of people who boo bit if I had spent £'000s going to South Africa and seen such a gutless performance I might have booed too
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]What did he say to the camera ?

It was difficult to hear he was walking off the pitch and his English is not great when he is stationary but it sounded like "its good to hear the home fans booing us"
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    "Nice to be bood by your own fans"

Obviously never heard it before
  • Options
    He said "nice to hear your own fans booing yer"

cheeky git , maybe if they weren't so shit people wouldn't boo. There are people out there spending thousands and it might only be a couple of hours wages to you Wayne but it's a few years saving to most
  • Options
    Now don't get me wrong here - Rooney was utterly awful. But what on Earth do ITV gain from airing that after the ad break? Everyone knows Rooney's got a temper and is a petualnt little s*** - but what is airing that going to do to benefit the country's chances of winning the world cup?

I've said it before, I'll say it again. Media=utter scum
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Charltonparklane[/cite]You get booing from the home fans, that's loyal supporters in ans annoying scouse accent

Lol, I need a hearing test
  • Options
    He was shit, he knows it, what's more worrying is that he didn't care
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fair play to the booers.

Made a change from f***ing trumpets!
  • Options
    Shambolic. A decent team would have mullered us tonight, nobody should kid themselves that Algeria are decent, they are the weakest team in the group. Always thought Capello was astute but his failure to act early tonight was worthy of the worst keegan years.
  • Options
    What Andy Townsend was saying about the formation we should play is spot on. I did not know Man Utd, Liverpool and Chelsea never use the 4-4-2 formation.
  • Options
    Why no joe cole.

that game haD Scott Parker written all over it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: (1984)[/cite] Always thought Capello was astute but his failure to act early tonight was worthy of the worst keegan years.

Totally agree.The one thing i thought you could guarantee with him is that he wouldn't be afraid to change it no matter WHO it was.
    Feel cheated.He's turned into Ericsson as someone recently said.
  • Options
    Can't defend that. It was atrocious, woeful and all the rest of it.

I would hope people would hold fire though on absolutes about how we're so inferior and have no chance of making a mark on the competition. If we fail to beat Slovenia then fair enough, but until then I have hope that it's a confidence issue as much as anything. We'll probably still limp through, and from there who knows what will happen. I'll be shocked if Rooney has another game as poor as that in his career.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DiscoCAFC[/cite]What Andy Townsend was saying about the formation we should play is spot on. I did not know Man Utd, Liverpool and Chelsea never use the 4-4-2 formation.

Although interestingly the team with mostly English players (Tottenham) do play 4-4-2. Might be something telling in that
  • Options
    Is this what the Premiership has spawned?

Dreadful performance. Passing was abysmal.
  • Options
    holy sh*t --------------- that was total and utter kak.

James ----------Club class at best
    Johnson----seen milk turn faster
    Cashley Cole-----------gets up a few things but not wings anymore
    Lampard-----------did he actually pack the boots he shoots with for Chelski
    Gerrad--------lost
    Heskey----often on the wing !!! the wing FFS
    Rooney ----WTF is going on there ----------his control was worse the Jason Ewell on a bad day-----------truely awful .

as for Capello God only knows what his tactics were.
  • Options
    Oh and I'll say it again - give me Charlton's rubbish anyday - at least it's our rubbish.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If lampars was any other English player he wouldn't even be on the bench after that display, ditto that for glen Johnson
  • Options
    and that is why it will always be CLUB OVER COUNTRY.Overpaid bunch of wankers
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Charltonparklane[/cite]Why no joe cole.

that game haD Scott Parker written all over it.

No idea why Wright-Phillips was brought on. He's been uniformly atrocious whenever I've seen him play for England. Not really getting caught up in this fervour for Joe '20 minutes against Japan' Cole, but he must be a better bet than SWP.

Disagree about Parker, he's competing for Barry's slot and Barry actually did ok.
  • Options
    Can't imagine any of them having a worse game in their careers. I am disgusted with our representation even more so when I go out of my front door and see 800 England flags attached to my block. Because it reminds me of how big England mania is right now, the boys out there know how big it is and yet still strive to disappoint.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]and that is why it will always be CLUB OVER COUNTRY.Overpaid bunch of wankers

Erm why? Because they played shite? If that was your criteria for whether you support a side then you wouldn't be a Charlton fan..
  • Options
    Thought Barry gave the ball away or lost possession more than he kept it, maybe if lampars touched the ball as much he would have been just as shit.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: sadiejane1981[/cite]the boys out there know how big it is and yet still strive to disappoint.

No, they don't. Strive to disappoint? Utter rubbish. Football isn't divided into teams that try and thus do well, and teams that don't and thus lose. They tried tonight, but they just didn't click in any shape or form.
  • Options
    Agree with Scott Parker should have been there.
    Drop Rooney and Bruno, sorry , Heskey. Bring in Judas and Crouch,drop Lampard
    who has been total crap so far, Gerrard in the middle. If it rattles a few ego's, all the better.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Sussex_Addick[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]and that is why it will always be CLUB OVER COUNTRY.Overpaid bunch of wankers[/quote]

Erm why? Because they played shite? If that was your criteria for whether you support a side then you wouldn't be a Charlton fan..[/quote]

They dont play with the same passion for England as their club, I would always take Charlton over England always have always will.Rooney never did the easy thing and play the way he was facing, he received the ball to his feet and kept turning into trouble instead of giving and going again.Dont get Lampard for England never had never will.Glen Johnson beggars belief how bad he is.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Abysmal.

The attitude of the England team to this world cup is epitomised by the attitude to the national anthem.

James, Barry, Heskey and Gerrard ,for at least being man enough to offer no excuses, can hold their heads up after that performance the rest can go swing.