Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

National Team - The way forward?

12346»

Comments

• Options
    And in a country with half the population of England.

Lot less than half Henners, think they have about 16.5 million whilst we have about 57 million.
  • Options
    57m is the pop of the UK.

England is 49m which is higher than I expected so more like 3 times that of Holland.
  • Options
    We have a service economy league, we put on a great show, but don't produce anything of worth
  • Options
    There have been calls for a mid winter break- all I see with this is the likes of Man u ect will just travel thousands of miles to play money spinning friendly's.
    There is talk that our players play to many games - If you go far in the champions league you must be playing around 12 games. If your succsesfull you will allways have to play more games.
    Club boss's want an end to international friendlys - how about we tell them they arnt allowed to play friendlys and let there new players bed in to the new team and get use to there team mates.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

Personally I don't think slavishly copying what the Dutch or the Germans do is the why forward.

Yeh, I seem to remember about 10 years ago pundits shouting the virtues of the French school of excellence and how they were the model to follow.
    What happened to them?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Six-a-bag-of-nuts[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

Personally I don't think slavishly copying what the Dutch or the Germans do is the why forward.

Yeh, I seem to remember about 10 years ago pundits shouting the virtues of the French school of excellence and how they were the model to follow.
    What happened to them?

Erm....

1998 World Cup Winners
    2006 World Cup Runners Up

2000 European Championship Winners

Which is more than we have achieved since 1966.

And the French don't even really like football!!!!
  • Options
    the premiership and champions league are of far more concern to the money men at all clubs and the people in charge of footy in england and sky ....
    and to be honest the football is so much better to watch in the premiership and champions league than most of the world cup matches i've seen ....imo
  • Options
    The centre in burton needs to be built, every summer the best and most promising kids from every club not just prem teams spends 2 or 3 weeks there being trainned and coached thus forming frienships and bonds that will last. Also get the entire england setup from u17s to adult squad there for 2 weeks a summer apart from when competions on. Scrap meaninless friendlys like hungary in august. Bring back the b team or call it england lions like the cricket and give more fringe players a chance to break into the main squad. Don't advertise the fact the squad is sponserd by mars bars and niviea for men. Any money u earn from england goes to your chairty of choice or to a list of pre selected chairites the fa supports.
    Lastly and this is the random one and might get mullerd for this, how about a panel of selectors picking the squads, 5 ex pros or managers this would eliminate stubborn managers from picking ridiculas players ala heskey or carragher, this leaves the coach to do that just coach you are not england manager as you just don't have the time with players to mange them, the head coach has a say on the squads and I would say 98% of the time the coaches and panels 30 man squads would be the same.
    One last thing pick an england formation, the way seems to be with 2 cbs 2 attacking fbs 1 or 2 defensive midfielders central mids then attacking wingers and stks. So either a 4 2 3 1 or 4 3 3 whatever 2 formations one for attacking when playing lesser teams or when need a goal one for containing or playing a better team, take these formations down to england school boys and up to senior squad, so that everyone is drilled and knows there roles and positions and when stepping up the ladders an u18 would know where to play and what his responsibilties are if drafted into the senior squad.
  • Options
    Id try in next game;

Hart (GK)
    Johnson (RB)
    Cahill (CB)
    Dawson (CB)
    A.Cole (LB)
    Hargreaves (if fit) (DM) / Huddlestone (DM)
    Parker (DM)
    Walcott (RW)
    A.Johnson (LW)
    Rooney (SS)
    D. Bent (ST)