Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CL Shirt Sponsorship 2010/11 **ed. We now sponsor Dailly, Reid, McCormack, Eccleston and JENKINSON

Comments

• Options
    Whats this for ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]Whats this for ?

It's just a trick to get you to send me a SAE so I can send you the lovely glossy official CAFC photo I have of you with Motherwell's keeper and Dazzler.
  • Options
    Hi curb-it

I've sent you another £20.00 (making £40.00 in total)

It's a contribution from my Poker winnings last night.

Cheers

Alex wright
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I make that £1,560.

Great going but you'll never reach £1750. No way, no chance, locked on FACT
  • Options
    Mike and Nathan ill not put you down for pledges at the moment but happy if you come up with the dosh at some stage.

Well done Alex thanks.
  • Options
    Money from CAFC-west, Dave storry, alex wright received. Just waiting confirmation that is ellisaddick's two payments.

I am still waiting for Christopher Dan (half your name might be missing) to own up so i can tick you off paying. please whisper me.

People when paying please realise it might not take all the reference and only half your name is coming out.

thanks.
  • Options
    My £20 will be arriving asap, apparently I've got to use some kind of PIN machine when transferring cash online...!
  • Options
    Put me down for £20. I'm just going on holiday getting back for the Bournemouth game. S
    Whisper me the details and I'll pay as soon as I get it.
  • Options
    Done...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: KBslittlesis[/cite]Dave Mehmet, is that a tenner???

Yes
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CHGCHG
    edited July 2010
  • Options
    Hi Everybody.
    I've just realised that I do have a paypal account also so if anyone wanted to do that then let me know as thats very easy especially for overseas people. Thank you collegepark, just received yours via paypal.
  • Options
    Bung me down for £20.

Whisper me the bank details or paypal details (paypal by preference but whatever's easiest for you guys) and I'll pass it onto my financial advisor (the wife). It might have to wait until after payday if that's okay though (25th).
  • Options
    Don't paypal nick a chunk?

Somebody told me it cost them £1.22 to donate £30 by paypal a while ago. So, presumably, only £28.78 was received.

It would be a shame for our pledges to be reduced in this way in my humble opinion anyway.
  • Options
    Our pledges wouldnt be reduced as they are paying me the exact sum of money i have asked for. whether it costs them more i dont know.
    I have already received 50 quid from College Park. his overseas transfer was going to cost him a lot more i think.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Don't paypal nick a chunk?

Somebody told me it cost them £1.22 to donate £30 by paypal a while ago. So, presumably, only £28.78 was received.

It would be a shame for our pledges to be reduced in this way in my humble opinion anyway.

Yea I thought that. I sold something on ebay for a tenner and they took £1 the other day which is quite a high % I thought. I think it maybe doesn't take fees when it's just a money transfer though rather than paying for goods/service. I don't know for sure though.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
  • Options
    edited July 2010
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    PayPal take their cut with all transactions...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: GRAY9[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Don't paypal nick a chunk?

Yea I thought that. I sold something on ebay for a tenner and they took £1 the other day which is quite a high % I thought. I think it maybe doesn't take fees when it's just a money transfer though rather than paying for goods/service. I don't know for sure though.

So that's 3 items you've sold on ebay then!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    For those overseas, paypal would seem the best option. When I send payment via a bank transfer, I get both a dodgy exchange rate and have to pay a transaction fee (sometimes as significant as the amount of money transferred). When I have to get a bank cheque drawn on pound sterling, I get an even worse exchange rate and pay another significant transaction fee. If I send a check drawn on local currency, as HI experienced last year, the receiving bank may take forever to process it and sending the correct amount is difficult. Paypal has an unfavorable exchange rate -- but still better than what the bank or currency exchange center offers -- but does not charge transaction fees to the sender (nor, apparently, to the recipient; in other words, their profit on it is derived from the exchange rate provided).

The upshot, on my end, is that if paypal works on the recipient's end I have more money to contribute to the sponsorship fund because of what no longer needs to go into a myriad of middlemen's pockets. Should there be an additional fee charged on Curb-It's end for the transfer, please let me know and I will make up the difference.
  • Options
    Ill stick in 20
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Gumbo[/cite]Ill stick it in 20 goats for a footie shirt

WTF is this site coming too jeesus Gumbo give it up lad FFS ;-)
  • Options
    Paypal don't take a cut for all transactions. Transfers between Paypal accounts do not cost you anything. It all depends on which box you tick when they ask you what its for
  • Options
    Thanks to Messrs Bournemouth, Large and Ashford Addick for your cheques in the post and i will tick you off as paid in the morning. and add you gumbo.
  • Options
    I'm a late GBP20 please.

Although I'm in Oz I still have a UK bank a/c so can you whisper me the details please Curb_It?

A question: in the unlikely event I win I probably wouldn't fly over for the dinner!
    In which case, is it legit for me to "sell" the place to a fellow lifer, take my GBP20 investment out, and then put the rest into sponsorship for next year (this wouldn't be "my" money as such, so not with my name on it, if you see what I mean)to help raise the most money possible for the club?

Or a gnome would be lovely. Ta.

This is a great initiative so thanks to those putting the time and effort in to organise things.

I agree with the lifer that said our second shirt should be a "yoof": someone half Dailly's age perhaps?
  • Options
    Curb it - I will pay in tomorrow if you whisper me bank details pls
  • Options
    I've worked out what its for now B , I'll do £50 . How do you want it ?
  • Options
    Tsk Shagger ! but thanks anyway for generous contribution. How would you prefer to pay.

Killara - i think most overseas opted out of the meal but if anyone who got picked couldnt make the meal.. .they offered it to another lifer and that lifer had to make a contribution to Demelza House - this site's favourite charity so they got a few pennies out of it.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Addickted money in. thanks.
    Tracking another payee. Bloody bank is picking up the account name and then running out of space.

Who has the christian name of Neil and has paid online... i can then tell you your middle name! pls whisper, thanks.