Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Liverpool & Shelvey

Comments

• Options
    Just coming on against Arsenal
    On for Andy Carrol , Go on Jonjo
  • Options
    They put him right mid? Should have put him behind suarez and left kuyt out on the right
  • Options
    Henry Winter has just said its turning into the Liverpool youth team with Jonjo coming on as well. How many games has be played for their youth team? Did he come through their system? It's like we don't exist!
  • Options
    We don't.

Jermain Defoe's first club was West Ham as well didn't you know.

We're invisible.

But apparently there's a world class academy in SE25 whose bright young stars end up at Wigan and other bastions of footballing heritage.
  • Options
    Another 70 minute job so no cash for us yet.

That Jenkinson is another of Wenger's wonder kids. Great academy they have.
  • Options
    Yeah but he played up to 102 minutes so it should count.

What a hilarious person Arsene Wenger can be.
  • Options
    At least the Liverpool one looked like a possible penalty, Arsenal's was a joke. Couldn't believe it when he went over to Dalglish to complain, Kenny looked like he was about to laugh!
  • Options
    Wenger has come out and said not only was it not a Liverpool pen but also moaning about the added time.

Only one person to blame- Eboue!
  • Options
    Both were definate pens. Was hoping Jonjo would take the free kick and stick it in the top corner. Great battling performance by Liverpool, deserved the point.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    One of my mates rang and said Dalglish told Wenger to piss off, luckily I was on Sky+ so I rewound it, cranked up the volume and there it was. Hilarious, like catching two of your teachers swearing at each other at school. It looked from the body languague like Dalglish said something like "Oh well thats football" but obviously Wenger shot back with something out of order and Dalglish got the hump.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]Wenger has come out and said not only was it not a Liverpool pen but also moaning about the added time.

Only one person to blame- Eboue!

How does Wenger know?

Surely, as usually is the case, he didn't see it!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Big William[/cite]One of my mates rang and said Dalglish told Wenger to piss off, luckily I was on Sky+ so I rewound it, cranked up the volume and there it was. Hilarious, like catching two of your teachers swearing at each other at school. It looked from the body languague like Dalglish said something like "Oh well thats football" but obviously Wenger shot back with something out of order and Dalglish got the hump.

He also told him to f off which was clearly heard on camera. Wonder if he'll get a two game touchline ban like Mr Rooney?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafcpolo[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Big William[/cite]One of my mates rang and said Dalglish told Wenger to piss off, luckily I was on Sky+ so I rewound it, cranked up the volume and there it was. Hilarious, like catching two of your teachers swearing at each other at school. It looked from the body languague like Dalglish said something like "Oh well thats football" but obviously Wenger shot back with something out of order and Dalglish got the hump.

He also told him to f off which was clearly heard on camera. Wonder if he'll get a two game touchline ban like Mr Rooney?

I doubt it, he didnt run up and say it into a camera. He said it to Wenger which is far more acceptable.
  • Options
    i agree mate telling wenger to Eff off should be in the fa handbook
  • Options
    was gutted when the sky commentator said that JJ was a product of the arsenal youth system....
  • Options
    Dont like the hub cap stealers to much but was happy to see JJ get on and it was funny to see The Gooners suffer.
  • Options
    great graham stuart on ronaldo type tackle from jonjo too...
  • Options
    See he's joined in with the theme at Liverpool with tattoo's up the arm
  • Options
    Dalglish very complimentary about Jonjo in post match.

Wanna see Dalglish / Wenger confrontation follow #pissoffwenger on www.twitter.com
  • Options
    Wenger is a right tool sometimes. I like Dalglish; he was being philosophical about it and sympathising with Wenger, but then Arsene started getting arsey so he just told him where to get off. Good on him.

Given Wenger's notoriously bad eyesight, in that he never sees it when one of his players fouls someone, how we are supposed to then believe his judgement when he says it cannot be a penalty against one of those players - it's quite hilarious. He may be a football genius, but he's also an arse....not just in name!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I had major doubts about Liverpool bringing back Dalglish - which I expressed on here - but he is making me look a right prat.

Even after all those years out of the game he still knows it inside out and his ability to inspire his players and the Liverpool fans is unbelievable really.

A genuine legend of the game and it would be a real fairytale if he could win them the League again, although that might be a bridge too far.
  • Options
    For anyone that is interested Liverpool reserves are playing Man utd reserves tomorrow night (Thursday) Its a bit of a grudge match even at reserve level. Jonjo is playing and a few others you will know. Its live on LFCTV which is free to view and kicks off at 7pm
  • Options

didn't man utd reserves win a champions league semi final tie last night?

• Options
    Yeah they did but i dont think their 1st team will be winning the final
  • Options

Why not? It's a one-off match. A full strength Man Utd team can beat anyone.

Imperial Commander didn't win the Gold Cup did he?

• Options

very few of these players would have been playing anyway. For reserves read youngsters, mostly not in first team squad. Jonjo himself often didnt play when they had a game because he was in first team squad (even if not playing). However having been out injured the game will undoubtably benefit him.

Still agree with Uncle should be a decent watch. Good luck Jonjo

• Options
    Thanks for the 'Heads Up'. It'll pass an otherwise poor evening!
  • Options
    Are you sure you can watch for free? How do you do that? It keeps asking me for 2.99 amonth... :( Please does anyone know?
  • Options
    434 on sky or 544 on virgin Its free. I think it cost if you watch on line.
  • Options
    I would have thought that it was not free, unless you have effectively already paid via your package. IE I have Virgin XL so it's included.