Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Liverpool & Shelvey

Comments

• Options
    That was his 15th appearence for Liverpool last night. He's now got 3 big games coming up, this Saturday Chelsea in London, Wednesday England u19 in Chesterfield (possible captain) against Germany then the following Saturday agianst the might that is West Ham United at Upton Park. Really hope he gets to play in th West Ham one.
  • Options
    Don't you think it's a bit weird that Chamberlain has walked into the U21's yet Jonjo, despite playing and playing well in his appearances in the PL, is still in the U19s?

Who plays centre mid for the U21s at the moment?
  • Options
    Make sure he wipes his feet after coming off the pitch at West Ham. ;-)
  • Options
    So chuffed for Jonjo! Onwards and upwards for him!
  • Options
    Amazing reading those comments "He's not one for the future, he's one for now" "Better than Gerrard at his age". I'm disappointed he has not scored yet, because we all know he can, but I am sure once that first one goes in there will be no stopping him. Just a few months at a Liverpool in turmoil and he has stamped his name on the clubs fans and now he is playing for a true footballing legend in Kelly's Dad.
  • Options
    Made me feel proud reading that pool forum :)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dizzle[/cite]Made me feel proud reading that pool forum :)

Yeah me too ;-)
  • Options
    Some of us can spot a player 8-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Don't you think it's a bit weird that Chamberlain has walked into the U21's yet Jonjo, despite playing and playing well in his appearances in the PL, is still in the U19s?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2011
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Don't you think it's a bit weird that Chamberlain has walked into the U21's yet Jonjo, despite playing and playing well in his appearances in the PL, is still in the U19s?

The numbers at the end are caps (goals)
    Midfielders
    Fabrice Muamba 6 April 1988 (1988-04-06) (age 22) Bolton Wanderers 28 (0)
    Jack Rodwell 11 March 1991 (1991-03-11) (age 19) Everton 13 (2)
    Jack Cork 25 June 1989 (1989-06-25) (age 21) Burnley (on loan from Chelsea) 9 (0)
    Jordan Henderson 17 May 1990 (1990-05-17) (age 20) Sunderland 5 (1)
    Fabian Delph 21 November 1989 (1989-11-21) (age 21) Aston Villa 4 (0)
    Henri Lansbury 12 October 1990 (1990-10-12) (age 20) Norwich City (on loan from Arsenal) 4 (0)
    Marc Albrighton 18 November 1989 (1989-11-18) (age 21) Aston Villa 3 (1)
    Scott Sinclair 25 March 1989 (1989-03-25) (age 21) Swansea City 1 (0)
    Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain 15 August 1993 (1993-08-15) (age 17) Southampton 0 (0)
  • Options

Couldn't help but smile while reading this, EVERY word is glowing. "Better than gerrard at his age", "full of confidence".

Get in Jonjo.
  • Options
    When whispers go wrong 876
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]

The numbers at the end are caps (goals)
    Midfielders
    Fabrice Muamba 6 April 1988 (1988-04-06) (age 22) Bolton Wanderers 28 (0)
    Jack Rodwell 11 March 1991 (1991-03-11) (age 19) Everton 13 (2)
    Jack Cork 25 June 1989 (1989-06-25) (age 21) Burnley (on loan from Chelsea) 9 (0)
    Jordan Henderson 17 May 1990 (1990-05-17) (age 20) Sunderland 5 (1)
    Fabian Delph 21 November 1989 (1989-11-21) (age 21) Aston Villa 4 (0)
    Henri Lansbury 12 October 1990 (1990-10-12) (age 20) Norwich City (on loan from Arsenal) 4 (0)
    Marc Albrighton 18 November 1989 (1989-11-18) (age 21) Aston Villa 3 (1)
    Scott Sinclair 25 March 1989 (1989-03-25) (age 21) Swansea City 1 (0)
    Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain 15 August 1993 (1993-08-15) (age 17) Southampton 0 (0)

"Under 21" football is mad isn't it!

Muamba is older than me, he's 23 in a couple of months!
  • Options
    Really great comments from the Liverpool faithful.

Of course would love to see him still pulling on a different red and white shirt!

Absolutely deserves to play on the biggest stage.

Isn't amazing how one emerging star - JJ will never be forgotten at our club and we will watch his career with a vicarious pride.

Another former emerging star - Judas Defoe, stabbed our club in the back before we had a chance to see him make the first team. Then stabbed his second club in the back. Class will always show through.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]Really great comments from the Liverpool faithful.
    Another former emerging star - Judas Defoe, stabbed our club in the back before we had a chance to see him make the first team. Then stabbed his second club in the back. Class will always show through.

I would like to think the only thing Jonjo will ever have in common with Defoe is that they both started their careers for Charlton.
  • Options
    Out of all the players sloshing around the leagues that used to play for Charlton in one way or another and there are dozens... the two I'd love to have back down The Valley in a cup game as soon as possible are Jonjo and D.Bent - both of them, for largely different reasons, would get a simply tremendous reception
  • Options
    Wouldn't it be great if we go up to the prem and one day we get enough money to buy him back
  • Options
    He will be amazing one day very soon.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]That was his 15th appearence for Liverpool last night. He's now got 3 big games coming up, this Saturday Chelsea in London, Wednesday England u19 in Chesterfield (possible captain) against Germany then the following Saturday agianst the might that is West Ham United at Upton Park. Really hope he gets to play in th West Ham one.

If he comes on as a sub vs Chelsea this sunday then that would be the first lump of additional money to us (A start = 1, Sub = 1/2)4 starts and 12 subs. However if Henry's information is correct (see page 22) then it's only 3 1/2. A little way off.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I wasn't talking in money terms just that last night was his 15th appearence. As i said earlier i dont think we're so hard up for the cash now.
  • Options
    obviously a superb prospect but i do hope, especially if liverpool lose gerrard in the summer, that the fans dont put to much expectancy on him. He is still only 18 and very much a player in development. There have been players at his age who have been raved about and never lived up to what people thought they would, pennant, jeffers, even joe cole. Please dont take this as criticism because it isnt. perhaps the players mentioned never had the right attitude and we know that jonjo certainly has.

saying that, who better to be in charge of him than kenny dalglish.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]obviously a superb prospect but i do hope, especially if liverpool lose gerrard in the summer, that the fans dont put to much expectancy on him. He is still only 18 and very much a player in development. There have been players at his age who have been raved about and never lived up to what people thought they would, pennant, jeffers, even joe cole. Please dont take this as criticism because it isnt. perhaps the players mentioned never had the right attitude and we know that jonjo certainly has.

saying that, who better to be in charge of him than kenny dalglish.

Not a criticism at all, Its why i'm not concerned he aint made the U21's yet. He's 18 and captain of the U19's and thats how it should be, work your way up at the age you are. The experience of playing at all levels wont do him any harm in years to come.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]Not a criticism at all, Its why i'm not concerned he aint made the U21's yet. He's 18 and captain of the U19's and thats how it should be, work your way up at the age you are. The experience of playing at all levels wont do him any harm in years to come.

Absolutely spot on.

Back to your comment about Defoe. Everything that JJ has done so far in his career, from where I sit, suggests you are right. You and your family must be so proud of him.
  • Options
    Yes Bing very very proud, although i should probaly delete this because he still reads this and he knows i really think he's a tosser ;-)
  • Options
    Lol!
  • Options
    What would jonjo do if he scored a last minute winner at upton park ........

Tough one ......

That feeling of exuberance of a first Liverpool goal muted by the fact he's scored against HIS team

And how would you react uncle ??
    can you cheer and booooo at the same time !!!
  • Options
    He'd do a golf swing if he still looks on here.
  • Options
    He better
  • Options
    Out for three months with a knee injury.

Keep your spirits up, Jonjo.