Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Liverpool & Shelvey

Not in their squad for tonights game............not looking good for the lad.

Ever sinse Hogdson's got there he hasn't featured.

I sense a loan move before Aug 31st.

Comments

• Options
    History.

Let it go

Won't be coming back here anyway.
  • Options
    Not really a surprise is it? He was always signed with the future in mind and based on his form for us last season he's not ready for regular involvement at that level yet.

Like you say, a loan to a Championship club would be a sensible move for him, although Liverpool may want to keep him at their training ground for a while and have their top coaches work on him. Maybe send him out in January.
  • Options
    RM previously said he was going to be involved this season as CAFC was banking on getting some £££££££ from the add-ons that were part of the transfer deal

been done like a kipper again !!!!!!!
  • Options
    He's definitely getting the money up there though...

37793101502418433706468.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Facebook stalker!
  • Options
    Bit early to start making assumptions
  • Options
    Apparently his wages aren't amazing but the signing on fee was enormous, as JJ wanted a big lump sum for a car and house
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: sam3110[/cite]Apparently his wages aren't amazing but the signing on fee was enormous, as JJ wanted a big lump sum for a car and house

And who told you that load of crap?
  • Options
    gets popcorn out
  • Options
    I heard his wages were being paid in midget gems but he was given 17 streets of terraced houses with a street value of £68 as a signing on fee
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]gets popcorn out

Puts feet up....
  • Options
    I heeard he was promised 20 games a season, but due to a misunderstanding it turned Liverpool meant they'd buy him 20 games a season for his Xbox, not start him 20 matches.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WestStandCookie[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]gets popcorn out

Puts feet up....

Cracks open a cold one.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I heard he's got a bit too big for his boots

So he has to wait for regal sports to open so he can get a new pair of Patricks
  • Options
    Thought it was strange Spearing was on the bench ahead of him though? Maybe an injury?
  • Options
    REGAL SPORTS MY OLD FIRM HE COULD HAVE GOT A DISCOUNT IN THERE QUITE EASY ON A PAIR OF PATRICKS AND A LACOSTE SHIRT
  • Options
    I remember getting my first pair of nikes in there in 1985. A pair of vandals black with a silver swoosh
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: sam3110[/cite]Apparently his wages aren't amazing

And who told you that load of crap?

Lionel Messi :o)
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    he should be starting in front of joe cole (the emperors new clothes of football)

pathetic would be a compliment to that penalty attempt
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite]I heeard he was promised 20 games a season, but due to a misunderstanding it turned Liverpool meant they'd buy him 20 games a season for his Xbox, not start him 20 matches.
    I heard he's already fallen out with Hodgson. He prefers the Playstation 3 not the Xbox.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well as soon as he does feature on a Liverpool subs bench people can have a dig at Parky for not playing him last year and then make some sort of cryptic comment as to why he didn't play as much as everyone thought he would
  • Options
    I heard Hodgson's scared to play him in fear of scuppering his planned move to Real Madrid in January. When you're as cash strapped as Liverpool you just can't risk a deal of that size not going through
  • Options
    I know this isn't going to be popular on here but i really think that although Shelvey and Bailey were the 2 players we got money for, they were also part of the problem last year in that we were always accomodating them into a position, not really knowing where best to play them, particualrly Shelvey. Not saying he won't go on to be a good player but if we took him back on loan i wouldn't see it as a good move for us or him.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]Thought it was strange Spearing was on the bench ahead of him though? Maybe an injury?

Why is that strange? Spearing is 3 years older and has more experience than Shelvey.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]Thought it was strange Spearing was on the bench ahead of him though? Maybe an injury?

Why is that strange? Spearing is 3 years older and has more experience than Shelvey.

Because they paid over a million for a player that plays in the exact same position as Spearing, which would suggest they don't fancy him much but then put him on the bench ahead of Shelvey, thats why it's strange.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bexley Dan[/cite]I know this isn't going to be popular on here but i really think that although Shelvey and Bailey were the 2 players we got money for, they were also part of the problem last year in that we were always accomodating them into a position, not really knowing where best to play them, particualrly Shelvey. Not saying he won't go on to be a good player but if we took him back on loan i wouldn't see it as a good move for us or him.

Nothing controversial in that - I agree completely

I wish Jonjo all the best but we have seen the last of him as an Addick. League 1 football is no good for him
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]

Because they paid over a million for a player that plays in the exact same position as Spearing, which would suggest they don't fancy him much but then put him on the bench ahead of Shelvey, thats why it's strange.

Liverpool needed to up the number of English players on their books, that's why the went for JJ. So JJ has got his work cut out to make an impression there.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]I heard his wages were being paid in midget gems but he was given 17 streets of terraced houses with a street value of £68 as a signing on fee
    The new Robbie Fowler!

Do houses have a street value?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Bexley Dan[/cite]I know this isn't going to be popular on here but i really think that although Shelvey and Bailey were the 2 players we got money for, they were also part of the problem last year in that we were always accomodating them into a position, not really knowing where best to play them, particualrly Shelvey. Not saying he won't go on to be a good player but if we took him back on loan i wouldn't see it as a good move for us or him.

Nothing controversial in that - I agree completely

I wish Jonjo all the best but we have seen the last of him as an Addick. League 1 football is no good for him

I'd have to agree with this. They are both good players but I think theor presence did unbalance the team at times last year. Seems like Strachan is having the same problem with Bailey at 'Boro - i.e not knowing his best position.
  • Options
    Jonjo Captain of england U19s tonight....Not bad for someone who's career is going backward