Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Liverpool & Shelvey

Comments

• Options
    I wish Jonjo all the best but we have seen the last of him as an Addick. League 1 football is no good for him[/quote]

I'd have to agree with this. They are both good players but I think theor presence did unbalance the team at times last year. Seems like Strachan is having the same problem with Bailey at 'Boro - i.e not knowing his best position.

Well that is down to the manager..... not much the player can do about it, except play out of position, and why should they do that except in exceptional circumstances!

I hope that JJ goes on to be a top player, good luck to the guy. Great to see him in the England team as well.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]JonjoCaptain of england U19s tonight....Not bad for someone who's career is going backward

yeah but England are crap, if he was that good, he'd captain someone like Brazil....

;-)
  • Options
    Good to see him progressing.

Uncle, how's he getting on up there? Hopefully he hasn't resorted to the shellsuit and moustache yet!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: allez les addicks[/cite]Good to see him progressing.

Uncle, how's he getting on up there? Hopefully he hasn't resorted to the shellsuit and moustache yet!

Ha ha na not sure the tash would look to convincing on him. He's loving every minute of it at the moment. Going to watch him tonight so will see if he has progressed at all. It will be interesting to see, well at least for me it will :-)
  • Options
    Me and unc have headed up nth to see the match will see for ourselves how much he has gone bkwds

Let u know throughout if he is cack now he has left the home of football. Gresty rd has changed a bit
  • Options
    An England captain that knows the national anthem makes a change
  • Options
    1 nil England ngoo .

jonjo is looking cut and mean his vision and creativity is there for all to see

playing just behind the front 2
  • Options
    Can't help but feel robbed watching him 2nite everything we are lacking he has.

How the hell he couldn't get a game backed of last year.
  • Options
    The passing of jonjo is outstanding he is pinging balls all over the shop .

I reckon he will be in or around the u21s soon the boy is turning into some footballer
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]JonjoCaptain of england U19s tonight....Not bad for someone who's career is going backward

Moving to a small team called Liverpool from a big club like Charlton is always a backwards move not. Good luck to him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Can't help but feel robbed watching him 2nite everything we are lacking he has.

How the hell he couldn't get a game backed of last year.

Not good enough, you, Liverpool and England clearly don't know way your talking about. Parky knows.
  • Options
    Well the freekick the England captain just smashed into the top right corner was as good as anything I have seen Beckham do.

Get in there jonjo some bloody goal that was
  • Options
    The FA website said it was from 25 yards out - get in Jonjo :0)

"Jonjo Shelvey, Charlton wonderkid" - as the song used to go!
  • Options
    He was by far the best player on show just waiting in the players lounge with a very proud set of shelveys

Get in there jonjo you are the bollox
  • Options
    Nice one, Jonjo.

Maybe it's Charlton who've gone backwards?
  • Options
    Good on him. Let's hope he gets to show his talent week in week out in seniors football whether on loan or at Liverpool
  • Options
    Well done jj please come back someday. Why wasn't the game on sky?
  • Options
    He is a better player now than we got the chance to see. He has put more muscle on his engine is phenomenal his timing of runs to conserve his energy has improved by 10 fold. His vision is unreal

He looked too good for u18 s the next step up won't be far away
  • Options
    Really delighted (for JonJo), and really sad,(because of our loss) to read your reports of JonJo, NLA. Thanks for them.

I believe that he will go on to become the most successful Charlton youth product of my lifetime. Currently, that accolade is held by Jermain Defoe. Sadly.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jonjo captains the u19's
    Jordan captains the u17's

In your face Palace academy
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PragueAddick[/cite]Really delighted (for JonJo), and really sad,(because of our loss) to read your reports of JonJo, NLA. Thanks for them.

I believe that he will go on to become the most successful Charlton youth product of my lifetime. Currently, that accolade is held by Jermain Defoe. Sadly.

mate we have just got back and it is not overstating anything to say that if the boy carries on he will be a bloody super star and he is so grounded talking to him tonight he is just loving his football..

Watching him grow from the gangly kid in our youth team to the man i saw play tonight was really satisfying but you can not but help feel cheated by knowing he is never going to do that for us..

he is miles ahead of where we are now and he is on that upward curve

i am going bookies in the morning and having a score on him getting in the 2018 world cup squad. And another score on him to become England Captain the look on sir trevor brookings face at every bit of good play he done summed it up for me he was chuffed to bits with him..

Cheers Unc for the invite and welldone Uncle jonjo get a niece and a goal on your u19's debut top day for you fella.
  • Options
    Highlights due to be on the FA site later today.
  • Options
    NLA your very welcome, thanks for driving there I had a bloody nightmare getting back from yours cos 406 was shut too. Yesterday was a very proud day he palyed superb. Not sure if i should change my username now because Jonjo is uncle now and yes i'm GREAT uncle;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Highlights due to be on the FA site later today.

Definitely worth watching mate
  • Options
    Great? No you're not.
  • Options
    Well I'll have to wont I - I didnt get a bloody invite to go to the game. ;-)
  • Options
    Good news, really pleased for him.
  • Options
    probably needs to go on loan to a top championship side until at least January. Annoys me as to why Parky never utilised him last season. I really think it was because he was too good and the others around him were not on the same wavelength and Parky didn't know what to do and so left him out. Glad to hear he had a good game last night.
  • Options
    maybe parky felt that he couldn't drop bailey?