Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Liverpool & Shelvey

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2010
    Lets hope Hodgson catches the highlights too
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]maybe parky felt that he couldn't drop bailey?[/quote]

Nah, he didn't match up to the genius of Racon.
  • Options
    Excellent for him and also good news for the acadamy. Can only help attract good youngsters in that they know they will get a good grounding here
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]probably needs to go on loan to a top championship side until at least January. Annoys me as to why Parky never utilised him last season. I really think it was because he was too good and the others around him were not on the same wavelength and Parky didn't know what to do and so left him out. Glad to hear he had a good game last night.

He wont be loaned out.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]probably needs to go on loan to a top championship side until at least January. .

I disagree Large he is learning more being in and around players like Gerrard and Torres more than he would learn from playing on loan.

I rated him when he was here and was willing to wait but the things he learnt from being exposed to Championship and league 1 games he has taken to a new level.

When you see the timing of his runs, the way he trys to do the simple stuff first where when he was here he tried too hard, he has proberly found it a bit humbling being around the Liverpool team and that has made him realise what he needs to do.

The simple stuff he made look easy the hard stuff he made look effortless. yes he still makes the odd mistake but the engine in him gets him across the field so quickly.

he is quicker,stronger,and better from training and playing for Liverpool.

Jonjo Shelvey will be a super star i have no doubt about that

there needs to be a CLIT tour to one of these games see it for yourselves because i left there last night knowing i was seeing a real footballer infront of me
  • Options
    Mate i was tucked up in bed by 2am you lot should have kipped at mine ;-)
  • Options
    I'm sure Uncle is right on this. Liverpool's history of youngsters generally is that they like to keep them and train them into the Liverpool culture, although none have proved good enough in recent times.
  • Options
    When i was a kid the comment the Liverpool way was banded about on MOTD all the time.

But you could see it

Jonjo plays in the same way as Gerrard the way all Centre Mids should play, yet when he drops into the postition behind the stiker he looks alive and excited
  • Options
    Good luck to JonJo.

Its gutting we had a player on our books that we will get to see the best of elsewhere, but that is the nature of the beast when you're a third division club now.

There won't be a single Charlton fan that won't wish him to go on to great things, either through the affiliation of having played for us, or through the clear financial benefits it will bring to Charlton if he does go on and do well.
  • Options
    Top man. I'm sure if we were still in the prem then Jonjo would still be here and we'd reap the benefits. Ah well, c'est la vie - hope he succeeds.

On another note, I didn't know the U-19s were coached by Noel Blake. Christ, I bet they never take liberties with him, he was a double-hard bastard!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]probably needs to go on loan to a top championship side until at least January. .

I disagree Large he is learning more being in and around players like Gerrard and Torres more than he would learn from playing on loan.

fair point. Let's hope we get to seeing him playing alongside them sometime soon.
  • Options
    Noel Blake is a proper Unit and absolute man mountain
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Noel Blake is a proper Unit and absolute man mountain
    He was a f***ing beast of a player. Didn't he batter a dressing room door down at Villa park after a derby once? Also remember him putting the nut on Steve McMahon when he played for Villa.
  • Options
    His head is fooking massive if he butted someone they would be dead.

his legs are the size of trees

a huge huge man
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Well I'll have to wont I - I didnt get a bloody invite to go to the game. ;-)

Sorry i would have asked you but i thought you were offside ;-)
  • Options
    Guys the highlights are on there now

not just the boys goal but check out his range of passing his little skill taht he does to mug of the Slovakian

watching that again you just see the quality of his passing which we have no one who can do that anymore
  • Options
    I can't watch, I'll be too gutted!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Guys the highlights are on there now

not just the boys goal but check out his range of passing his little skill taht he does to mug of the Slovakian

watching that again you just see the quality of his passing which we have no one who can do that anymore

Link please
  • Options
    Great to here he's doing well. There are some Liverpool fans excited about him just because of how I rated him on FM. As well as wanting a Charlton youth product to do well, I don't want him to be on those lists of former FM wonderkids who never made it!

He was limited with what he could do here with League One players, I think the thought that he wasn't on the same wavelength as our players probably did have something to do with him not playing much.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bit more of an accurate link here: Linky McLink Link
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]Bit more of an accurate link here:Linky McLink Link

Wow. Amazing performance. Can we have him back please ?
  • Options
    Like it, very impressive, come on a lot from when we last saw him
  • Options
    Great goal. Should have been playing in the middle for us last season.
  • Options
    He's going to be a world class player. On par with Gazza, Best etc.

I'd put money on it.
  • Options
    Definately a Class above u19's,

That Zidane 360 - Superb.
  • Options
    Not bad eh!

that 360 was top draw
  • Options
    So pleased for him. Seen him do that in our Youth team. So sick that he was never allowed to do that for our first team.
  • Options
    No way is it a backwards step, it's a huge step to far in the right direction if you ask me.

I want to see Jonjo playing week in week out. Something he won't get at Liverpool for a while under Hodgson.

Would like to see him loaned out to a decent Championship club or a lower half prem team so he can make his name.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CafcAndy[/cite]No way is it a backwards step, it's a huge step to far in the right direction if you ask me.

I want to see Jonjo playing week in week out. Something he won't get at Liverpool for a while under Hodgson.

Would like to see him loaned out to a decent Championship club or a lower half prem team so he can make his name.

wont happen IMO Jonjo will be playing for Liverpool soon in my opinion