Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Liverpool & Shelvey

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2010
    Class performance by JJ - feel proud and a bit sad. Noel Blake quite impressive too!
  • Options
    Looked like he was playing some great stuff! Looking forward to see him progress.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Nadou[/cite]So sick that he was never allowed to do that for our first team.

If I remember rightly, when we were in the Premiership it was too tough a league to blood youngsters in. When we were going for promotion back into the Premiership we needed experienced pros. When we were struggling against relegation it would have risked destroying their confidence to bring youngsters into the team. And when we ended up in Div 3, our brightest prospect was too good for the rest of the team so didn't play.

Generalisations I know, but I do wonder what the purpose of a youth system is other than to generate income.
  • Options
    That skill was quality, mugged the other geezer off bigtime
  • Options
    Good to see him doing so well - I am sure he is destined for great things.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]So Uncle is now a 2nd Uncle!

Congrats Uncle

Thanks mate but i think you'll find that i'm now a GREAT uncle ;-)
  • Options
    makes you sick really with the garbage we have in the team how he never got a run in the team last season....I know a lot of you are saying they were protecting him but if he performed well we may have got more money. For me its the biggest reason why I dont rate Parky......good luck to the lad........
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ct_addick[/cite]makes you sick really with the garbage we have in the team how he never got a run in the team last season....I know a lot of you are saying they were protecting him but if he performed well we may have got more money. For me its the biggest reason why I dont rate Parky......good luck to the lad........

Agreed. Some of those through balls were delicious, what vision. Just one of those in our run in last season could have made all the difference, and we could very well now be in the Championship. I would love to know the real reason behind it, because it really throws into doubt Parky's judgement, or lack of. I'm surprised nobody asked Murray at the recent share holders meeting.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite][url=http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2010/09/03/2101386/liverpool-youngster-jonjo-shelvey-delighted-after-landmark]So Uncle is now a 2nd Uncle![/url]

Congrats Uncle

Thanks mate but i think you'll find that i'm now a GREAT uncle ;-)
    lol bloody ego on him:o)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: queensland_addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ct_addick[/cite]makes you sick really with the garbage we have in the team how he never got a run in the team last season....I know a lot of you are saying they were protecting him but if he performed well we may have got more money. For me its the biggest reason why I dont rate Parky......good luck to the lad........

Agreed. Some of those through balls were delicious, what vision. Just one of those in our run in last season could have made all the difference, and we could very well now be in the Championship. I would love to know the real reason behind it, because it really throws into doubt Parky's judgement, or lack of. I'm surprised nobody asked Murray at the recent share holders meeting.

Indeed. A mystery to me as well. He was on a different wavelength to the rest of the team and oozed class. He was getting booed by some clueless fans at one stage and that may have been part of the reason, plus I think he got a bit frustrated when he or the team wasn't playing well.
  • Options
    The truth is out there.lol

Let's just say football is a matter of opinion and the person in charge of football matters at cafc not club matters made a decision and that decision resulted in arguably the most talented kid that we will produce in years leaving to better himself and in return give the club we all love some well earned and needed cash
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    [cite]Posted By: LawrieAbrahams[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: queensland_addick[/cite]

Indeed. A mystery to me as well. He was on a different wavelength to the rest of the team and oozed class. He was getting booed by some clueless fans at one stage and that may have been part of the reason, plus I think he got a bit frustrated when he or the team wasn't playing well.

He was to good to play with the rest of the team and the manager didn't know how or where to play him so he just didn't play him. It wasn't to protect him it wasn't because of any sale, christ he had only just signed a new contract before being dropped. It was purely because he (in the managers opinion) was to good to play the others. So dont hold your breath on getting Messi in on loan.
  • Options
    I really hoped that Parkys hands were tied over Shelvey. Sad to hear otherwise.
  • Options
    i heard a rumour uncle, parky told him he wasn't suited to div 1 football ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]i heard a rumour uncle, parky told him he wasn't suited to div 1 football ?

No he wasn't suited to the team he was playing in. That could mean the same i guess, seeing that the team he was playing in were in Div 1. Parky told him and his agent and parents he didn't know how or where to play him because he is to good, thinks to fast and plays balls that the others dont and cant read.
  • Options
    how sad, that the most talented player in years can't get a game because he is too good.Don't say much for the manager.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]i heard a rumour uncle, parky told him he wasn't suited to div 1 football ?

No he wasn't suited to the team he was playing in. That could mean the same i guess, seeing that the team he was playing in were in Div 1. Parky told him and his agent and parents he didn't know how or where to play him because he is to good, thinks to fast and plays balls that the others dont and cant read.

Just look at the reverse passed he made to England's number 11 in the video during the first half, often things he did for Charlton like that wern't read by his team mates. Looked a different player, and a very good one as well.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    But that reverse pass was made to an 18yr old boy. Are we honestly saying that we are do not have players that understand where to make runs.

We are screaming out for creativity look at the exeter threads

Or are we now saying that we don't and did not last season have players that would attempt those runs.

Funny that cos I saw our youth cup games and even players who were obviously no where near ready for the first team could anticipate the pass

I couldn't name 1 team that would not build a team around jonjo and we missed that chance.

Why would any premises club give us one of their hot prospects that you would expect to be as good or better than players we have if we couldn't find s place for one of if not the hottest prospect in the u19 team because

He was too good . I tell you what good job few wernt offered fat frank or rooney because they wouldn't have got s game on that basis
  • Options
    Well, if that was the reason that Parky didn't play Jonjo - we had a similar situation in the 80's with Simonsen.

Simonsen was far too good for the others & he would put through passes that came to nothing, because the others weren't on the same wavelength.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]how sad, that the most talented player in years can't get a game because he is too good.Don't say much for the manager.

also says how crap our team has become ..... 11th and below rochdale ffs
  • Options
    3 DONKEYS UP FRONT DONT HELP
  • Options
    do you think we sold him too cheap?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]do you think we sold him too cheap?

Depends on the sell on percentage. That could be a big bonus for Charlton.
  • Options
    Liverpool fan in work seems to think he's starting tonight for them
  • Options
    He played the full 90 in the reserves last night. Looked quite good
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]Liverpool fan in work seems to think he's starting tonight for them

Dont think he's starting but could be involved at some point. Will find out in a while. Think he's certain to start against Northampton next wednesday.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]Liverpool fan in work seems to think he's starting tonight for them

Dont think he's starting but could be involved at some point. Will find out in a while. Think he's certain to start against Northampton next wednesday.
    Is the Northampton game on TV?

Edit: No but Scunthorpe Man Utd is. Can always watch Josh Wright then...
  • Options
    No i think it will be Chelsea v Newcastle on the Wednesday and Arsenal v Spurs on the Tuesday
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Just watched that FA clip (late I know- but I miss the little guy terribly and I just couldn't face to see what we don't have anymore....), utter class from Jonjo what a player! Makes me miss him even more. Pity we didn't play him more because I don't think we'd still be in this division if we had. I'm off for a cry now.