Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Liverpool & Shelvey

Comments

• Options
    Lawro panned him at one point today, I think his exact words were 'Promising career, ruined by a niggling brain injury'

What a cock he is, never liked him, he talks so much shit it's unreal
  • Options
    i would smash lawro one if i ever saw him
  • Options
    Lawro is a twat.

Had the confidence to try and lob Kuszyak (sp) from the half way line in front of a Worldwide audience. Showed great energy during the cameo.
  • Options
    He's onto his third manager at Liverpool and he's only been at the club for half a season.
  • Options
    and finally the one who signed him is now at the helm, bodes well for jonjo king kenny returning
  • Options
    Henry Irving 3 hours ago quote# 839
    Not a wind up. Not been following this thread much and missed or forgotten that he played in the league.

So 3 more games before we get some more cash.

Just shows that I have so much faith that you know what you are talking about ;-)
  • Options
    Twitter;

J_Shelvey Jonjo Shelvey
    @ @rioferdy5 thanks for the shirt mate!
    51 seconds ago Favorite Retweet Reply
  • Options
    Thought JJ handled the situation very well today - not easy to come on wit 30 mins left at OT with 10 men being 1-0 down. He really does seem a confident character - Good luck to him.
  • Options
    Did Mark Lawrenson really say that? What a twat. Its bad enough picking a soft target but its not as if he is an acedemic himself.

N. B. And I don't mean soft in the scouse sense.
  • Options
    Made a difference when he came on and looked lively. Can see him starting with Gerrard being suspended for the midweek game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Some good stuff about JJ towards the end of this article:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2011/jan/09/kenny-dalglish-liverpool-manchester-united
  • Options
    Another sub appearance tonight at Blackpool
  • Options
    Just on as sub v Everton.
  • Options
    Another sub appearance today. 8 now. At this rate, we should have some money in by Feb.

Daliglish has brought him on now in all three games since has been put back in charge.
  • Options
    Great vision on 3 occasions by jonjo so far. God do we miss that sort of player.
  • Options
    Playing in the centre too, or seems to be, previously I've only seen him play on the left for Liverpool.
  • Options
    When we went up there it was the only position woy didn't play him in. Definitely his best position
  • Options
    To be fair to Hodgson he had two central midfielders in Meireles and Gerrard, tough to drop either of those in favour of Jonjo.
  • Options
    He played poulson and Lucas that evening with jonjo out wide left then right then upfront
  • Options
    Just seen him play for about 15 mins as sub - how did he not get into a Division 3 side last year?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You'll have to ask Phil Parkinson.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    to be fair he didn't always shine when he did get in the team

he was gaining experience

and maybe prem players can resonate more with his talents than div3 players
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]to be fair he didn't often shine when he did get in the team

Oh no, lets not go there
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: thai malaysia addick[/cite]Just seen him play for about 15 mins as sub - how did he not get into a Division 3 side last year?

Exactly what I thought, but then I remembered how young he is and how difficult it is at that age to play every week & play well consistently.
    TBF at Liverpool he is coming on as sub and typically playing for less than 45 mins, which is obviously not so tiring physically and mentally.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PragueAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]to be fair he didn't often shine when he did get in the team

Oh no, lets not go there

Hear hear! Whatever the past, I am absolutely certain that he will establish himself in the Liverpool team and we will see him playing for England before too long.

Cream always floats to the top!
  • Options
    He's also a year older than when he was here, arguably the year he'll develop most year on year too...
  • Options
    Appears the deal on appearances is more complicated and less favourable to us.

All euro and league apps are counted as a half even if he starts.

League subs apps only count if he comes on before the 70th min.

So a bit further off the dosh than we thought.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Appears the deal on appearances is more complicated and less favourable to us.

All euro and league apps are counted as a half even if he starts.

League subs apps only count if he comes on before the 70th min.

So a bit further off the dosh than we thought.

Don't understand that Henry. How can all Euro and league apps only count as half if he starts ?
    Who is your source ? :-)
  • Options
    Thought he looked really good when he came on today. He looks like he's quicker than when he was here. Maybe they have been working on that. In a funny way I think he is more suited to the top flight than league 1 and this is probably the case with a lot of players. I really enjoyed watching him today.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]All euro and league apps are counted as a half even if he starts.

Did you perhaps mean "All Europa League apps..." ?