Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Liverpool & Shelvey

Comments

• Options
    fulham have got those silly 'clapper' things that we had
  • Options
    So when is the arse finally going to drop out of Fulham then and they slide back down to where they belong?

Every single year they are hopeless (apart from Woy's Wun last season) and yet they NEVER get relegated!

As you can tell I would shed many a tear!
  • Options
    Would like to see him with the U21s this year.
  • Options
    Looked pretty good in the last 20.
  • Options
    Always one of the most comfortable looking players on the pitch... He will go far but I've had enough of commentators forgetting us already.
  • Options

It was mentioned when he came on that he was from Charlton's academy.

He looked totally comfortable and even one one of Liverpool's better players in the last half hour. Struggled to get into the game first 10 but then Kenny moved him into the middle he flourished. Has a bright future and would be gobsmacked if Liverpool loaned him out. He has impressed Daglish so much he is now way ahead of Cole and streets ahead of Poulson for a place.

Next year is likely to be another learning/bit player if gerrard is fit and liverpool buy Ashley Young, Charlie Adams or someone. Must be really hoping Liverpool can grab a Euro spot will give him more game opportunities.

Not next year but in 3 years could well a regular for Liverpool and in 4 for England. Excited for him but still more than a tinge of regret that he wasnt able to do it for us.

• Options
    On a side note, if Suarez carries on playing like he has so far, I can see him being compared to Ronnie and Messi in potential ability, the boy is top top notch. I was always surprised none of the superpowers of football took him on earlier to be honest. 

Oh and Maxi Rodriguez, where the hell have you been the past 18 months?!
  • Options
    Suarez has got the tenacity of Tevez but he's a bit more agile and a bit quicker and trickier.

Definitely a new PL star in the making.
  • Options
    What with Stoke and Birmingham getting Europa league places this year, and Spurs in the drivers seat for 5th, Liverpool may be looking at the prospect of an entirely domestic season next season, how many players in the current squad will feel they can get a higher level of football elsewhere? Shelvey could well be cemented into the 1st XI soon
  • Options
    If Liverpool don't have the distraction of Europe, it could make them strong contenders for the PL title...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Seriously expecting Liverpool to give Utd a real challenge for the title next year and I believe Dalglish has big plans for all his youngsters there. He is slowly building a good, young team at Liverpool that will grow together over the next few years along with the odd bit of talent bought in, i.e Suarez.
  • Options
    The rebuilding project at Liverpool will take time. Seriously dont expect a title challenge next year but top 4 yes
  • Options
    And who de you expect will drop out of the top 4?
  • Options
    Liverpool have had the luxury of playing without any pressure for the past 4 months, which helps. Next season they'll have expectation and probably falter again.

Man Utd, Man City and Chelsea have the money to keep themselves in the top 4, it'll be upto Arsenal/Spurs/Liverpool to fight over 4th
  • Options
    And who de you expect will drop out of the top 4?

good question
  • Options

Arsenal.

• Options
    All arsenal need is a new CB to play alongside Vermaelen, another striker who can compliment Van persie and a new Keeper and I think they're set to challenge for the title. Chelsea have an ageing squad, and Abramovich is too tied up in winning the Champions League
  • Options

I may be wrong but haven't Arsenal finished in the top 4 every season under Wenger.

I can't see why that would change now just because they fell away at the end of the season and Liverpool, as has been said above, have had a fairly decent run with a fairly relaxed schedule and no pressure on them

• Options
    Wenger needs to recognise that there are in fact 5 people behind the midfield and if he doesn't start paying attention to that part of the pitch then it won't matter how many small, quick, skilful midfielders he attempts to play 'in the hole' he still won't bloody win anything!

Plus a striker who can actually score goals would be useful. Won Jack Shit since Henry left.
  • Options

They have Van Persie who is the 4th highest goalscorer in the league so the problem isnt there.

They just need to keep him fit - I don't think anyone has scored more than him in 2011.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    They'll have Benzema from next season, no Fabregas though.
  • Options

It could actually be interesting next year which the top of prem hasn't been for many years. last season got closer but mainly because nobody seemed to want to win it. Arsenal ran close for a long time despite having bentner and Schamach (spelling?) as exccuses for strikers and defenders who liked giving away leads. Chelsea had a long run without wanting to win agame while Man city flattered to decive most of the season. Manure sort of laughed at everybody and won by default with probably their worst side for 15 years.  

Liverpool have spent wisely and have good younsters coming through - will be more interesting!

• Options
    Van Persie averages less than 10 goals a season. Whether that's due to injuries, quality or the system that Wenger uses, the fact is that Arsenal need a top, top striker. Compare their strikers this season with Man Utd:

Van Persie - 17
    Chamakh - 7
    Bendtner - 2

Berbatoz - 21
    Hernandez - 13
    Rooney - 11
  • Options
    If Arsenal had brought Darren bent in January instead of Villa they may have won the league imho
  • Options
    Just being going through the Prem top scorers and had a wry smile on my face when I got back to 2000/2001 and saw:
    11Jonatan JohanssonCharlton11
  • Options
    redman, exactly my thinking, was talking to a gunner mate of mine and he said arsenal were looking at signing him but were not willling to pay the 27 mil
  • Options

Jonjo Rooney:

http://pictures.metro.co.uk/adidas-predator-boot-launch-2011/810245/adidas-Predator-Boot-Launch

LOL!! A freudian slip indicating that JJ will step up when Rooney fades? hmmm
  • Options
    Nice to see he's already a posterboy then, guessing he will be getting a nice pay cheque for work like this?
  • Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsfL7W19Rh4

In a Ad with Kaka, van persie and Nani!!