Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Benson Deal Done - Rumoured

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Paddy7[/cite]nk the fee makes him an automatic choice for the first start (IF he signs!). Could well be introduced from the bench (less pressure too) and even then only if the situation justifies it. As for demanding to play - I very much doubt it; he's jumping two divisions in a very short time and sounds very reasonable from what NLA says. Of course RM would expect him to see plenty of match time if he stumps up for Parky but that needn't be from day one. Tactics, form, and the dreaded injuries / suspensions should soon ensure everyone gets a go.

Not so much demanding to play, but more the fact Parky spent so much on him and hence presumably has a plan to fit him into the first XI. Are we really in the financial position to spend significant money on a bench option? I'd be very surprised if he doesn't get a good run of starts reasonably soon after he arrives. Obviously he doesn't have a divine right to be in the team because of the fee, but the fee suggests he's a player Parky will be looking to put in the first XI.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Just 3 years ago (38 months) we sold a goal scoring striker for £16.5m.

Three years on we are at the point where we are arguing that £230k is too much for a goal scoring striker.

Crazy innit !

Never seen Benson play, but this is clearly Parky's big move, and will ultimately shape Parky's future with us IMO.
  • Options
    I suppose Reid and Wagstaff have enough pace to worry a defence. A fast striker wouldn't hurt though! I think Benson's main problem might be the expectation to deliver what his reported pricetag should bring.
  • Options
    Daggers fans reckon Benson is a 'channel runner'
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Paddy7[/cite]Must be strange for you NLA, and it'll be great if he does do well. Nice to have input from someone who's actually seen him anyway - just hope your original assessment was wrong!

I think i was being overly harsh TBH the more i think about what it may mean to the team i think it could work but there is so much that needs to happen in a game for Benno to have a good game.

And that is exciting
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Paddy7[/cite]Must be strange for you NLA, and it'll be great if he does do well. Nice to have input from someone who's actually seen him anyway - just hope your original assessment was wrong!

I think i was being overly harsh TBH the more i think about what it may mean to the team i think it could work but there is so much that needs to happen in a game for Benno to have a good game.

And that is exciting

Will he miss a lot of chances before scoring?
  • Options
    The thing is, it doesn't matter if he is a channel runner or not, as Parky will utilise the loan window to bring in a youngster from higher up anyway!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley11[/cite]Daggers fans reckon Benson is a 'channel runner'

i would not agree with that but he may have done it in the other games i didnt go to i doubt it though, he is a box man even the FM stats guy has said it as does the daggers season ticket holder in my office he laughed at that comment
  • Options
    Anyone got a link to this thread on the Daggers forum about Benson?
  • Options
    Google 'daggers forum'
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]

And that is exciting

no more than most in this league

in the 4th division he was prolific and his goals to shots i think would be quite good, i dont think i went to games thinking he missed hatfulls he just seemed to go missing
  • Options
    The more I think about it the more I like this transfer. I know it's no guarantee of success but league one teams have been sniffing around him for a while now.

Signing someone like Benson who desperately has to prove himself and ensure his first comfortable contract, is the sort of player I'd rather have. Going back to Mcleod, Varney and Gray and then onto Kandol, McKenzie and Forster, I'd really rather have someone who's been consistent for a few seasons and can deserve his wages. Rather than having others who'd failed before at the level required, and yet earnt a contract and more money than they ever deserved; I'll leave Forster out of that bracket.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: covered end junior[/cite]The Dagenham fans already have a thread on their site called :Charlton fans already dislike Benno. They must have read this thread.

Someone should tell them that's charlton fans for you. never happy unless thay are slagging off certain players.
  • Options
    Daggers Forum

http://daggers.ytfc.com/daggers.mpl?id=164926
  • Options
    The question is, will he sign in time to make his debut against Dagenham in the JPT?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Paddy7[/cite]Must be strange for you NLA, and it'll be great if he does do well. Nice to have input from someone who's actually seen him anyway - just hope your original assessment was wrong![/quote]

And that is exciting[/quote]

Will he miss a lot of chances before scoring?[/quote]

Hope not - we dont create many chances as it is.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bedsaddick[/cite]

And that is exciting

Stop slagging off our players. ;-)
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]

And that is exciting

Stop slagging off our players. ;-)

I dont slag off individual players mate , i will leave that up to you.
  • Options
    *cough* Racon *cough*
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]*cough* Racon *cough*

You want to get that cough sorted out along with ability to read. Saying Racon had a bad game is not slagging him off. Saying a player is rubbish after one ( get that ONE) home game is just typical of what I have heard from a small section of Charlton fans over the last few years and until we all start to get behind the team as one instead if looking for someone to boo then we will remain in division one and deservedly so.
    By all means critisise a performance but dont write a player off , which seems to have been the case with francis and some fans after Saturdays game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    do u lot reckon he will play nxt tuesday in the jpt??
    if so i will judge him then
  • Options
    We havnt even got him yet and anything can happen until it's all gone through so he could be on the opposite side come Tuesday
  • Options
    Well he hasn't signed yet (as far as I've read)
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: CAFCdamo[/cite]do u lot reckon he will play nxt tuesday in the jpt??
    if so i will judge him then[/quote]

Pardon, can you say that in standard English please.
  • Options

You want to get that cough sorted out along with ability to read. Saying Racon had a bad game is not slagging him off. Saying a player is rubbish after one ( get that ONE) home game is just typical of what I have heard from a small section of Charlton fans over the last few years and until we all start to get behind the team as one instead if looking for someone to boo then we will remain in division one and deservedly so.
    By all means critisise a performance but dont write a player off , which seems to have been the case with francis and some fans after Saturdays game.

Who did I say was a rubbish player?
  • Options
    From what people say Reid gets tired in the 2nd half, Waggy is a great impact player so we start with Martin on the right and Reid on the left then with 30 mins to go bring on Waggy for Reid or Martin to run at a tiring defence.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]

Who did I say was a rubbish player?

I didnt say you did.
  • Options
    Is this Benson fella any good? Before we showed any interest I had never heard of them.
  • Options
    You said "I dont slag off individual players mate , i will leave that up to you." That implies that I do it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]You said "I dont slag off individual players mate , i will leave that up to you." That implies that I do it.

No that implies you can and that i dont .