Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Benson Deal Done - Rumoured

Comments

• Options
    Similar thing happened when we tried to sign Lambert....
  • Options
    and Butler.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
  • Options
    Daggers are in League One mate...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]D & R fan at work says he's heard the deal is off as we still can't agree a fee and we are now looking elsewhere.
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]I have heard that there is influence and respect to John Still nowt to do with Fee

Dag & Red FM researcher had asked me if I heard anything. Later on before I saw it he edited his message and said he thinks Benson will sign for us tomorrow.

We'll see. I'm sure Murray, Parky etc have been busy with the EGM and also being after 2 other players, all while doing everything else they need to do.
  • Options
    Another update, may have been some truth in what Large heard. Apparently we couldn't get the funds together yesterday but it was sorted out today. Medical meant to be tomorrow.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Apparently we couldn't get the funds together yesterday but it was sorted out today.

Anyone know if a hat went around after the EGM ?
  • Options
    im betting that league two striker was lefondre but £1million for him if so who do rotherham think they are!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uie2[/cite]im betting that league two striker was lefondre but £1million for him if so who do rotherham think they are!!
    Nothing wrong with that IMO, only like us rejecting £15m for Darren Bent (or whatever it was from West Ham).

If they have no reason to sell him why should they accept a 'realistic' fee?
  • Options
    I read that the million pound man was Oxford United's James Constable
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    oh yeah i forgot james constable
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nichorob[/cite]I read that the million pound man was Oxford United's James Constable

That's a proper PC comment.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nichorob[/cite]I read that the million pound man was Oxford United's James Constable

That's a proper PC comment.

not much cop from what I've neard.
  • Options
    Any others assuming the Benson deal was off. There was talk of Dagenham replacing Benson with Kandol - I thought he was ok in his short loan with us. I know he isn't Messi but as we are desperate -wouldn't he be ok at this level?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MuttleyCAFC[/cite]Any others assuming the Benson deal was off. There was talk of Dagenham replacing Benson with Kandol - I thought he was ok in his short loan with us. I know he isn't Messi but as we are desperate -wouldn't he be ok at this level?

You'll find a lot of people on Charlton Life quoting the mantra "I'll believe it when it's on the OS".

: - )

Delay maybe that Dag want to sort out a replacement before they sell or it might just never have been on in the first place.

More likely we are still haggling over price or the player has yet to decide.
  • Options
    I can not see Kandol being Benson's replacement. Unless Kandol is happy to sign for much reduced wages to that of his last league contract wiht Leeds. Still we'll wait to see how these things go.

I certainly hope Kandol does not sign for us, never seen him improve at a club only go down in return after his first few months.
  • Options
    Benno is sitting next to me he just told me Parky is shite and he wont sign till he has gone ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Benno is sitting next to me he just told me Parky is shite and he wont sign till he has gone ;-)

So s*** he thinks Benno is a good player.

Martin O'Neil won't want to bring him to Charlton so he'll be stuck at Daggers if he doesn't sign before the takeover.
  • Options
    I spoke to Martin last night and he said he isn't coming unless he is given sole charge of the Tesco's club card.
  • Options
    I can't believe Parky's man management treating Benno like this. Tamer Tuna's not going to be happy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Apparently Phil's wife is stalling on the deal until she's kitted the kids out with new school shoes. Whoops.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ColinTat[/cite]I can't believe Parky's man management treating Benno like this. Tamer Tuna's not going to be happy.

LOL
  • Options
    Dagenham fans seem to think the Benson deal is too far gone not to go through.
  • Options
    Erm whoosh
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MuttleyCAFC[/cite]Dagenham fans seem to think the Benson deal is too far gone not to go through.

No such thing. EIther it's done or it's not and right now it's not.
  • Options
    Apparently these things can take a long time to get over the line!
  • Options
    Thats enough of the Charlton talk thanks very much!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: MuttleyCAFC[/cite]Dagenham fans seem to think the Benson deal is too far gone not to go through.

No such thing. Anyway, it's not on the OS.

Henry's right, of course.

;o)
  • Options
    Well, it's still not on the OS, so I'm guessing it's probably off...

Just when NLA has come round to the idea too.
  • Options
    These sort of deals have a habit of being finalised at the 11th hour for some reason.