Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Benson Deal Done - Rumoured

Comments

• Options
    Hopefully we have gone looking elsewhere.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MuttleyCAFC[/cite]These sort of deals have a habit of being finalised at the 11th hour for some reason.

Well it's the 12th hour now. He's late.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]Hopefully we have gone looking elsewhere.

I hear we wanted Darren Bent on a season long loan - with an option to buy if we are promoted.
    Sunderland turned us down, unfortunately.

Personally, I think it's all bollox. Don't know why people write this sort of guff.
  • Options
    D & R fan at work still insisting it's off. Don't know his source though, won't say.
  • Options
    Because you constantly said he was shit, Parky has listened.....
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I'm just met a Thai friend of Benson's in a small bar down a dark soi in Bangkok. He says that we can expect to hear confirmation that he has signed for us within 24 hours - or, maybe, that was 24 years - my Thai has never been that good.
  • Options
    Daggers FM researcher heard yesterday there were more issues with funding the deal.

I guess a decision will have to be made very soon otherwise we'll want to try a different striker.
  • Options
    Tim Breaker confirms they'd like to sign Benson. Its on the end of the Fortune article
    Dagenham striker Paul Benson continues to be mooted as a likely candidate and Breacker suggested the deal is by no means dead yet.

“Paul Benson is one we’ve been linked with and spoken and made enquiries about, as we have others,” the assistant boss said.

“I can’t really say much more than that but he is one that we like and if possible, we would like to bring him in.”
  • Options
    This thing about 'problems funding the deal'

Seems more likely to be finding an agreement with D&R over the terms of the deal. We wouldn't make a bid for a sum we couldn't afford to pay.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    as said I'd imagine it's terms. Maybe they want more upfront than we are willing to pay. Or maybe they don't think Tesco's Clubcard points an acceptable method of payment.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dagenham seem to have more leaks than a colander.

On/of/on/off.

Wish they would make their minds up.
  • Options
    Would rather we didn't get him.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CafcAndy[/cite]Would rather we didn't get him.
    Isn't it better to trust Parky's judgement and hope he gets his first choice players. Judge them on the pitch for us and not before they even sign for us.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CafcAndy[/cite]Would rather we didn't get him.

You can bet Parky has watched him more times than you have.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]You can bet Parky has watched him more times than you have.

Which is a huge difference to Pards! Parky seems to be signing players he's seen a lot of and knows a lot about, rather than the 'one season wonders' with plenty of YouTube footage that Pardew prefers to sign.

If Parky wants him, that's something we've got to trust.
  • Options
    A bit drawn out this one, I could have bought 20 Benson's by now. ; )
  • Options
    Agreed - it will always be a risk but we can be sure that it's a calculated risk. Parky has shown he is pretty good in the market.
  • Options
    Fee agreed for Benson according to Sky and he's discussing terms now.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]Fee agreed for Benson according to Sky and he's discussing terms now.

Could be on the bench against 'uddersfield, happy with this, just Fortune and winger/striker to go.
  • Options
    At last!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Would be fantastic if we can complete in time for him to be on the bench tomorrow.

[Generic won't believe it til it's on the OS Comment]
  • Options
    don't sippose it gave deatils of the fee?
  • Options
    Skysports.com understands Charlton have had a bid accepted by Dagenham & Redbridge for Paul Benson.
    Charlton have been chasing the prolific forward all summer as they look to bolster their attacking options.
    The Addicks have seen two previous bids rejected by Dagenham, but now they have finally agreed a fee with their League One rivals.
    Dagenham were reluctant to lose their star striker, but they have now decided to accept Charlton's undisclosed offer.
    Benson has now been given permission to hold talks with Charlton about a possible move to the Valley.

Second line from the bottom it quotes, "Accepts Charlton's undisclosed offer."
    No mention of a fee, I expect him to be signed in the next 3-4hours maybe even less. Hopefully in time for him to be on the bench for Huddersfield tomorrow, Looking foward to going now. Can't wait and got a good feeling about it too. Somethings telling me we're going to win this one and play well. :-)
  • Options
    Not sure how relevant this is or if its old new but SLP says that we have received our owed money from Cardiff and Palace now. Wondering how much of that has gone on this transfer assuming it goes ahead
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Madz[/cite]Not sure how relevant this is or if its old new but SLP says that we have received our owed money from Cardiff and Palace now. Wondering how much of that has gone on this transfer assuming it goes ahead

We'd already got that money via factoring and/or Derek Chappell covering it.
  • Options
    Fee accepted is one thing but will the player accept £800 per week though ?
  • Options
    Where did you get £800 p/w from?
  • Options
    I thought that was a common figure we were paying as many of our players as possible this year
  • Options
    I'll take 400 pw sign me up ;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PL54[/cite]Fee accepted is one thing but will the player accept £800 per week though ?

The average wage is £2k p/w so doubt he'll be much below that.