Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Life's ultimate " Crap Towns" list.

Comments

• edited September 2010
    [cite]Posted By: red_murph[/cite]I made the mistake of taking the ex-missus for an away day to Bradford a good few years back. What an absolute hole of a town!

Holes can still be fun even in shit places....Blackpool
  • Tottenham is very hard to beat. When I lived their the only pub where I didn't witness astabbing was the one all the police used. When Kwik Save opened a supermarket the place went upmarket as prior to that we only had Victor Value.
  • edited September 2010
    I traveled all over the UK for my job back in the day........some of the lowlights i recall were Corby, Newport, Hull, Skelmersdale, Kings Lynn, Portsmouth, Plymouth........

thinking about it, add Northampton, Telford, Burnley, Birkenhead, Wrexham......a lot of Scottish towns i went to that were shocking but I cant remember any names (Cumbernauld possibly? - there was one really Soviet style housing estate)
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: NathanPrior[/cite]Bristol[/quote]

great harbour, good cider, great pubs, avon gorge SSI, Good festivals, great parks, good live music, so I take it that what you mean is that the area immediatly around bristol city and rovers is crap.
  • [cite]Posted By: Shrew[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: NathanPrior[/cite]Bristol

great harbour, good cider, great pubs, avon gorge SSI, Good festivals, great parks, good live music

dont forget Josie from Big Brother
  • edited September 2010
    Maidenhead - weekend warzone
    Chatham
    Merthyr - good god, scary scary place
    Hull
    Boston - lincolnshire (inbred central)
    Frankfurt
    Grimsby
    Macclesfield
    Kings Lynn
  • Agree Plymouth lol
  • [cite]Posted By: dj-ecfc[/cite]Agree Plymouth lol

i used to enjoy staying in Exeter - although i actually stayed outside of the city in Ebford
  • Grew up in Dartford, schooled in Gravesend went to uni in Portsmouth, three utter holes.
  • Stevenage is an armpit of a place
    Hull just depressed me. Made Thamesmead look like Kensington
  • Sponsored links:

• Lowestoft!

Plenty of webbed feet out there.
  • Haha Hawkhurst?! I don't think Hawkhurst would make it anywhere near this list, it's just full of old people.
  • Carlise I really didn't like it there

Ramsgate
  • St Pauls Cray
    Neasden
    Harlow
  • Never been there, but someone once told me that if God was giving the earth an enema, he'd stick the tube in Retford.
  • Leeds
    Stockport
    Margate
  • Port Talbot and Lima, Peru
  • Lima, Peru is right up there. Spent 6 days on my own there a few years ago. Never again.

Potosi in Bolivia next

BUT

Kingston, Jamaica wins though.

In the UK, then Great Yarmouth is just an absolute hole full of complete idiots.
  • Barrow in Furness - I used to work there and the only good thing about it is the A590
  • Sponsored links:

• Middlesbrough here, Turin abroad
  • Hastings and St Leonards - Never realised Leonard was the patron saint of crackheads.

Gillingham - Seems to be predominantly populated by tracksuited men walking manky dogs

Margate - Brokendreamsville
  • [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Bromley

Your side of the A2 ;-)
  • Stoke, went there for a midweek game in 1995 and could not believe that you could buy a house for under 10,000!!!

Honorable mentions also go to Chatham and Portsmouth.
  • Splott- a district of Cardiff.
    Middlesborough.
    Mobile in Alabama-(hopefully the only place I will ever have a gun pulled on me).
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: charltonkeston[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Bromley[/quote]

Your side of the A2 ;-)[/quote]

The side where your football team is from you mean.

Bromley. Nuff said.
  • Got to be middlesborough
  • Birmingham ...the toilet of Great Britain.
    Luton .....the place the shit ends up.
  • edited September 2010
    I can't believe nobody has mentioned Sutton, home of the Human-Animal hybrid known as the mutant chavscum doleite supreme. Home of a diabolically stupid council also that spends £3m on highstreet "improvements" that are anything but and Totem poles that cost 75k. All this in the midst of fiscal meltdown globally! Not to mention a 600k bus shelter and a 250k Eco cafe made of straw in a park that no one visits and where they threaten to close schools so they can be replaced by yet more carparks. Welcome to F@@kwitt central!
    Considered by our honourable Pm to be one of the selected supreme examples of his "Big Society(tm)" and what Britain should be more like. Need I say more?!