Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Life's ultimate " Crap Towns" list.

Comments

• Options
    Newport South Wales, like the wild west on a weekend.

All the lads (and lasses) from the villages in the valleys would minibus it into town for some action with the townies.

First night I was there the local news reported a copper had to have 15 stitches after being kicked in the face by some drunk Doris in stillettos.
  • Options
    Loughborough
    Corby
    Kettering
    Erith
    Burgess Hill
    Bradford
    Swindon
    Southall
    Hayes
    Grays
    Willenhall
    Telford
    Worthing
    Aylesbury
    Whitley Bay
    Batley
    Darlington
    Doncaster
    Crewe

London areas for me would have to be:

Shoreditch/Hoxton (for reasons previously)
    Tottenham & Wood Green etc
    Bermondsey
    Woolwich
    Croydon
    Dalston & Stoke Newington

I'll stop now, some of those places make me depressed just typing them out!
  • Options
    Middlesborough - best approached off the Yorkshire Moors through the Chemical cloud.
    Croydon
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ColinTat[/cite]Strood? Have a laugh. It's average as sin, but compared to Chatham well..... Chatham had 500 years of the economic buzz of a Naval yard, yet the locals managed to leave their mark on erm teenage pregnancy and prostitution. Give a child but seven years in Chatham and they'll most likely turn into scum. Chatham's Luton is even worse than Luton.
    So you can choose between teenage pregnancy and prostitution in Chatham or becoming a junkie in Strood. There is literally no reason to go to Strood unless you are unfortunate enough to live there or are looking to pick up some class A. As Carter says Chatham is a big place and yes it has it's dives but there are some ok areas and possibly the only place you can go to hear some decent music if you live in Medway
  • Options
    I forgot
    Milton Keynes
    Coventry
  • Options
    Christ how did I leave Middlesborough out?!
  • Options
    Stockport
    Bottle ( and most small towns around Liverpool)
    Great Yarmouth
    Middlesborogh
    Bradford
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Disagree with you there Carter whilst there are a few nice bits to Chatham, way over the vast majority of the place is full of shite. Luton was an example of how god awful Chatham is, the few nice bits I can think of are up Chatham Maidstone Road. Whilst the old Naval buildings which have the University in them now are beautiful, as is the main Dockyard unfortunately it seems almost seperate to Chatham unlike the central nature of Greenwich and the money that spread in the area.
    So you can choose between teenage pregnancy and prostitution in Chatham or becoming a junkie in Strood. There is literally no reason to go to Strood unless you are unfortunate enough to live there or are looking to pick up some class A. As Carter says Chatham is a big place and yes it has it's dives but there are some ok areas and possibly the only place you can go to hear some decent music if you live in Medway

LMFAO, Chatham and Rochester's drug problems are a hella of a lot more long standing. Maybe you've never seen the druggies role in to Chatham high street after their Methadone fix? Knowing a shop owner there, I know he used to get fed up with the scum methadone-rolling past.

Strood is boring. Junkie???? Where do you come from North Korea? In all my time living in Strood I've seen less junkies than in two minutes in Rochester or Chatham. Sure the junkies got moved in next to the station from the mid 90's onwards, but most of them are straight over to Rochester or Chatham to beg, steal or fall over. Yes like anywhere there's drugs over in Strood. It makes me laugh when people moan about Medway with regards to drugs or violence, just shows how that person has no idea of the pure shit and rampant drug addiction you find in pockets of Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds and Bradford. The tap n 'tin a reason to go to Chatham. I'll have to remember that, you must lead a rich life.
  • Options
    nth london addick 9 hours ago quote
    Nothing wrong with woolwich........

Fancy a tour around the town centre, and I will gladly point out a few things .
    Give me a whisper to arrange yes!
  • Options
    I am amazed that no one has yet included Tilbury on their lists - what a dump full of retards and inbreeds. Without a doubt 'Twinned' with Port Talbot! They even look similar on approach.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: ColinTat[/cite]you must lead a rich life.
    Yeah I do, thanks!
  • Options
    ken you want to watch it or you'll be getting a touch of the William Hagues, whispering NLA to meet in woolwich, telling AFKA he should introduce himself... and you a married man and all.

there's a lot of old tripe on here.
  • Options
    That is all right Curb_it...... I am quite comfortable with my sexuality, and that of others, I come from a very outdated background that these things did not matter..... unless of course you wanted to conceal the truth!

Having worked in the media and arts field I would have had quite an uncomfortable situation if I had hang up's like that.

My despair over Woolwich, is born out of frustration, because I was born, worked and went to school in the region!, as did my parents and grandparents!, and the dogs breakfast that Greenwich council has made of the community and enviroment for the people who lived there, and still live there!.
  • Options
    Motherwell is another good shout. It just looks like it died on it's arse. About 40 years ago.
  • Options
    Motherwell is another good shout. It just looks like it died on it's arse. About 40 years ago.

That is a great quote..... Worth going there just to see if it is true.......
  • Options
    Nth London ........come on, NLA. Show us around!

;o)
  • Options
    Woolwich after dark ? no thanks rather do Bagdad in rush hour with a Star of David tee shirt on !

Dalston another good call --------------what a sh*t pit
  • Options
    Woolwich the town of my birth the stomping ground of my youth the one place i truely will always call home

the place i visit weekly to visit my dear mummy

Woolwich is bloody brilliant and nothing to be fearful or worried about

yes it has seen a decline and yes my own 100 yeard old school has been torn down and is being replaced with a new build .

but it is far from a crap town
  • Options
    The way Detroit seems to be going it's debatable whether anyone would want to regenerate it. It's in a sorry state.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I've read through most of this thread and I have to say that I've visited and even lived many of the places mentioned.

Obviously none of you have been to Rotherham? What about Scunthorpe?

Ok so you lot missed Rotherham and Scunny which are piss poor shiteholes but, and I mean but, there is one place in he UK that I can honestly say is the crapiest crap town of them all...

.. Uttoxeter.

A town that sounds like a sheep disease.

I spent a winter working on the hotel swimming pool at Alton Towers, living in a pub in Uttoxeter for months on end until I eventually got thrown out and barred for basically telling them just how shit they were.

I spent three months in that hole.

Uttoxeter, The worst town in England. End of.
  • Options
    Been to Rotherham too many times Valley my old printers were based there Garnett Dickinson Ltd they produce the Rotherham Advertiser that you would have come across as well as many other national magazines.

Apparently a young Jeremy Clarkson started out there!....... god they do have a lot to answer for!
  • Options
    I'm sorry, give me Chatham over Strood any day of the week!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]I'm sorry, give me Chatham over Strood any day of the week!

Obviously, you are confused and misunderstrood.

;o)
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Woolwich the town of my birth the stomping ground of my youth the one place i truely will always call home

the place i visit weekly to visit my dear mummy

Woolwich is bloody brilliant and nothing to be fearful or worried about

yes it has seen a decline and yes my own 100 yeard old school has been torn down and is being replaced with a new build .

but it is far from a crap town

still no takers then

by the way does this mean i do not need a tour as i reckopn i could show you around it a lot better than you could show me

do you know where the caves are in woolwich
  • Options
    It has been said before Oggster
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]It has been said before Oggster
    Ok....... I guess you're local Carts?
  • Options
    In no particular order....

Cairo
    Calcutta
    Atlantic City
    Bucharest
    Middlesbrough
  • Options
    Surprised to see Brussels, Bratislava and my home, Phuket, on the list, though if Steve Dowman only visited Patong I can understand it.

There are plenty of crap towns in Thailand but you won't have heard of them so I won't list them.

I'll add Gloucester to the list of UK places.