Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Darren Bent, Bent, Bent

Good to see him get his first England goal tonight. Typical Benty finish ! Never fails when put in that position.

Comments

• Agreed, fully deserved.

If only we included an add on in his transfer fee when we sold him for his first England goal!
  • Well done Benty!!
  • [cite]Posted By: Sir Chrissy[/cite]Typical Benty finish !

You're not wrong.

Low left foot strike to the near post, i felt like i had seen it a dozen times before (in a red shirt and without the silly beard)
  • Big cheer in these here parts...
  • Gwddin there!
  • Stan Collymore on TalkSPORT said that Bent only scored because the Swiss right back was sent off!

What is his problem with Bent?
  • Think it's more likely that Collymore is living up to his name in being a complete moron rather than having a problem with Bent.
  • Collymore is just jealous of Benty's beard, and amazing goal scoring record
  • Which Stan Collymore are we talking about?
  • Missed the game as I was out - glad to see benty get a goal and a game though! Anyone know what channel showed the highlights?
  • Sponsored links:

• Thrilled to see him get the goal. And Alan Green had to commentate on it - hah. Don't understand why the pundits have such a downer on Bent - maybe because he's a bit more grounded and not "one of the lads"? Even managed to make Capello smile...
  • [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]Thrilled to see him get the goal. And Alan Green had to commentate on it - hah. Don't understand why the pundits have such a downer on Bent - maybe because he's a bit more grounded and not "one of the lads"? Even managed to make Capello smile...

I can't understand it either. Superior goal scoring record to Defoe over the last few seasons, scores against better teams and has a better all-round game. What can Defoe do that Benty can't? If we hadn't wasted so much time with Heskey and co over the last few years, we'd be talking about this being Bent's 5th-10th goal for England rather than his first.
  • is there anywhere to see his goal online?
  • [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]is there anywhere to see his goal online?

101 Great Goals
  • made my night - excellent stuff. Makes me laugh though when Heskey played ahead of both Defoe and Bent. How many has he ever scored like that!.
    And it may even finally dawn on Capeelo that England are better off with just gerrard and no Lampard!
    Let's hope there are manymore from Benty
  • Good for you Darren.What strenght of character.
  • if SWP knew how to pass it would have been two.
  • [cite]Posted By: JollyRobin[/cite]Which Stan Collymore are we talking about?

My god, you mean there's more than one of him???? Better tell ulrika to lock her doors. ;-)
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]If only we included an add on in his transfer fee when we sold him for his first England goal![/quote]

Can't see Spurs paying that seeing as he's at Sunderland now!
  • I bet Redknapps mother wouldn't have scored that...
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]I bet Redknapps mother wouldn't have scored that...

No, but his wife would have done...
  • I wasn't really paying attention but on Sky I think they said that Bent has missed a few chances like that for England. I'm buggered if I can remember them. He's hardly had a kick in the few times he's been picked before. I thought SWP had screwed his chances by not playing him in but then Gerrard put him through and i knew he was going to stick it away.
  • [cite]Posted By: Valley Boy Lost[/cite]Stan Collymore on TalkSPORT said that Bent only scored because the Swiss right back was sent off!

What is his problem with Bent?

Because Benty used to play for Charlton, who?
  • Looks like he is off to Villa for £18m.
  • Why would he go there? They are in danger of getting relegated! I would stick with sunderland if I was you benty
  • 18m which could rise to 24m! I can see it happening to be honest.
  • Nice pay rise and signing on fee.
    Closer to family.

Don't blame him one little bit!
  • it seems a bit crazy to me...suprised sunderland want to sell him
  • Handed in transfer request. Why leave Sunderland in 6th to go to a relegation threatened side?
  • Blimey, didnt see that one coming...
    ...but glad Daniel Levy negotiated a nice sell on fee :-)