Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Darren Bent, Bent, Bent

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    If you wanted to know why Sunderland really sold Darren Bent.....

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/feb/15/sunderland-spending-losses-annual

That means they have raised 32 million quid for selling Bent to Villa and Jones to Stoke and have paid out 19 million on bringing in Gyan and the other French player.

That's a nice 13 million squid towards lowering the losses.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]If you wanted to know why Sunderland really sold Darren Bent.....

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/feb/15/sunderland-spending-losses-annual

That means they have raised 32 million quid for selling Bent to Villa and Jones to Stoke and have paid out 19 million on bringing in Gyan and the other French player.

Even before knowing their finances, I don't think it was controversial that they accepted the deal. It was a generous offer and he seemed to want to go.

Unless your take on this is that they might have pushed him out the door?
  • Options
    Bent is history. Why are we even talking about him? Let's worry about loaning in the youthful centre half and midfield playmaker we need to get out of this shitty (but currently about our level) division, yeah..?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sussex_Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]If you wanted to know why Sunderland really sold Darren Bent.....

Even before knowing their finances, I don't think it was controversial that they accepted the deal. It was a generous offer and he seemed to want to go.

Unless your take on this is that they might have pushed him out the door?

Exactly, they played the "hard done by" card in the press with Quinn and Bruce both having a pop at Bent and playing the "loyalty" card.

The plain fact is that they were chomping at the bit to sell Bent to help reduce their debts!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Vinnie V.[/cite]If Carroll is who has had half a good season in the Prem is chosen over Bent who is a proven Prem goal scorer the world really has gone mad.

Totally agree.
  • Options
    Pass him the ball and he will score.
  • Options
    Pundits and the press are slowly coming round to him. They still like to throw "he can't hold the ball up" about, but he is lethal and I think he is getting better still.
  • Options
    Its so irritating how one pathetic comment by Harry " The twitch" " Redknapp can stick. Hopefully he will be seen as an out an out goalscorer despite what the the uneducated glory hunting Spurs fans think.
  • Options
    I watched the entire relegation season on DVD yesterday and it just brought home to me what an amazing player Bent was for us that season.

Without him in the team we would probably have struggled to reach 10 points all season - that's not a joke by the way.

His touch in the box and finishing, right foot, left foot and head is top-class.
  • Options
    Benty is a pretty one dimensional striker... but that one dimension is that he'll score a tonne of goals. Give him a chance and he'll tuck it away. Whether he's that good outside the box is a bit irrelevant.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: CAFCBourne[/cite]I mean im not sure he has enough about him to outwit top top centre halfs saying that only 2-3 games in a tournament will you play against these. Until he is given a chance we wont know.
    Only scores regularly against some of the top teams in the world.
    [cite]Posted By: spiritof1947[/cite]Bent is history. Why are we even talking about him? Let's worry about loaning in the youthful centre half and midfield playmaker we need to get out of this shitty (but currently about our level) division, yeah..?
    Why is your name spirit of 47 that's history...
  • Options
    if Villa stay up, which they should although it may be close as they have some tricky games, they will have certainly have Bent to thank- 5 goals so far for them is very respectable. Got them a point yesterday and a win against City (doubt Heskey or Agbonlahor would have scored twice yesterday), expect he may get a couple more before the end of the season aswell.