Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton 2-2 Dagenham - Post Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    why do we always blame decisions that go against us it happens all the time at other games up and down the country the reason we never won today is because our forwards are not doing the buisness we should have been out of sight at haltime and if we was nobody would be moaning about decisions going against us .
  • Options
    Let'sblame the ref its all his fault again

When we signed Benson I said we will need to change our style of play how many games in now since that day

Not 1 of change yet

what will it take if a draw to dagenham doesn't do it nothing will
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Been saying Parkinson is not the right man for yonks and have been shot down or told numerous times to give him a chance. Really have tried to this season but he makes it hard to see any positives in his management.
    We are skint yet RM gives him a quarter of a million pound to spend on Benson who D&R supporters (on AFKAs article/interview) say he gets on the end of crosses....yet he spends the first half hugging the touchline and corner flag whilst balls are drilled into the box.

Wagstaff gets played out on the left which clearly doesnt suit him and Martin on the right whereas with his skill would be better in the middle behind the front two.

How Llera is contracted as a central defender is beyond me as he is an absolute liabilty. Slow, dodgy in the air, hazardous tackling, reads the game badly and has poor decision making yet Parkinson sees him as first choice cover for Dailly.

As someone pointed out earlier he was totally outmanaged by John Still and in the first half i said to my mate all their manager has got to do in second half is run at us and we are in trouble.

As the first 20 minutes shows we seem to have more than capable players in the main but something is missing and for me it is in their management. What on earth was the message in the half time teamtalk?

Maybe too late to get rid of him this season but if we dont go up (unlikely) and he's still running the show this time next year RM has learned nothing.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    [cite]Posted By: cafc_1993[/cite]I personally think that one of the problem that Parky has is Lee Martin where to play him, is he a centre forward, Left winger,Right winger, he had a great shot at the start, hes got very nice feet but just doesnt look like he fits in the team

Darren Ambrose all over again?
  • Options
    Dave, I think this ship will have to be fully submerged before anyone does anything that makes a difference. Charlton is a depressing place these days...on paper we should be doing very well, but once again you need leadership and creativity and we lack both on and off the pitch. Parky and the coaches need to pull their socks up......fast.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    [cite]Posted By: cafc_1993[/cite]I personally think that one of the problem that Parky has is Lee Martin where to play him, is he a centre forward, Left winger,Right winger, he had a great shot at the start, hes got very nice feet but just doesnt look like he fits in the team

And I'm saying (see my post earlier) that we should think more about making the team fit him.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Let'sblame the ref its all his fault again

When we signed Benson I said we will need to change our style of play how many games in now since that day

Not 1 of change yet

what will it take if a draw to dagenham doesn't do it nothing will

D i dont think benson is up to it mate ,our forwards are always so far apart from each other they need to get closer drives me mad.
  • Options
    On a positive note their keeper was great entertainment and good on him for giving it back the fat f*ck.
  • Options
    All i say is that Martin should be played in central midfield and i want to see more of reid! They both are good players with VERY good feet and pace! i mostly enjoy how Martin generally works VERY VERY HARD! always gets back to defend when he can.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    [cite]Posted By: boogica[/cite]why do we always blame decisions that go against us it happens all the time at other games up and down the country the reason we never won today is because our forwards are not doing the buisness we should have been out of sight at haltime and if we was nobody would be moaning about decisions going against us .

Have to say I agree with that, Boogica. Disappointing to see that the thing Parky seems to have dwelled upon in his post-match comments is to dispute the penalty - and the OS chose to make it the headline.

As you say we should have been ''out of sight at half time'' and he would be better off adressing the reasons we weren't rather than whingeing about being hard done by due to a crap ref. Dare I say it, but that's a bit of a Pardew-type excuse, isn't it?

Also agree with Madz when he says there is absolutely no point in picking Benson if we can't play to his strengths because he's clearly a one-trick pony and cannot crrate anything for himself or adjust his game to the way our midfield plays.

Mind you, we should take with a pinch of salt Still's comment that Benson would score 20 for them because they know how to use him properly. I think the bloke played four times for D&G this season before his move to us - and he didn't score for them, either!

For the first time since he took over, this truly is Parky's team. He bought just about all of them. So the time for excuses really is over.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Everyone around me was asking why the ref didn't book our player as well as give the penalty. If it was a penalty (which it clearly wasn't) then it should also have been a booking. I had previously been remarking that for once the ref didn't seem too bad, then the linesmen and ref reverted to the usual standard in this league. It really does seem that the refs have got together this season and decided that they will do all they can to give us as many fouls as they can and to help the opposition as much as they can.
  • Options
    J I said when he was looking to sign him it would be a mistake the only way it wouldn't be was if we went 352. That way we could flood the areas required.

The biggest problem to me is not Benson its Parkinson.

That tells you our season in my eyes is over
  • Options
    I thought for the first 44 minutes was far and away the best we've played this season. Some good signs from Benson when he was playing with Anyinsah. Our passing was crisp, Martin caused lots of problems. Then Racon gave a way a stupid penalty after a wrong decision on the throw-in which the ref gave to us but the lino flagged for them. It was a foul, I looked straight at the ref hoping he wouldn't give it. Second half we were a different side and didn't deserve to go back in front but the defending for the equaliser was awful. Worner made some good stops but dropped a couple of crosses and is probably not tall enough.
  • Options
    Benson and Akpo slow every single attack and counter attack down. Benson is capable of getting himself into good positions and maybe he does need early crosses into the box as John Still has pointed out on the OS. That said I do not believe Benson is good enough. His first touch is appalling and he just looks lost and well out of his depth. Comparisons with Mooney are unfair - Mooney is a much better player. I think it was NLA(?) on this board that was adamant Benson would not be good enough for us and I have to say he's spot on.

Fortune has to start. Doc and Llera were both poor today.

I'd like to see one up front with Reid and Wagstaff on the wings and Martin playing just behind a lone forward where he would be much more effective. He drifts in and out of games when he's out on the wing.
  • Options
    We've been on the decline for several years now. It's only getting harder while the expectations are still there. Don't see what the answer is. Plenty of managers out there unfortunately aren't going to do any better while the club is losing money and lowering the budget every season. Of course there's probably a few out there who will do better - but who? As fans it's not our job to know, but if the board get rid of Parky they simply have to have a clear idea of the sort manager they'd want and have a few realistic possibilities. I can see a new manager eventually coming in and within months there being talk about his tactics or team selection being poor, or his signings not being up to the standard required.

Unless we get very lucky with a very good manager we're not going to turn things around quickly. Other clubs in this league want promotion but here we need promotion. If other clubs don't get promoted they can try again. If we don't we sell a few more players, release a few more and replace them with cheaper players, most of them who aren't as good as what we had.

As for the game, started well, should have been a few up and comfortable. Like the JPT game, still don't see why Wagstaff starts on the left and Martin on the right. Other way around I'm sure Wagstaff would offer more and Martin could give us more on the left than Wagstaff. Not sure there was much else wrong with the formation and team selection. Martin gets more space out wide anyway.

Racon gives us something different to McCormack, small improvement to the team with him in there, despite his weaknesses. Hope we don't go back to Semedo and McCormack in the middle, never going to the answer for more than the odd game.

Shame about Anyinsah with his injury, gives us something different to our other strikers and it's early to say but he seems to have more about him than last years quick strikers in Dickson and McLeod.

Think we could do with Dailly back, we're more solid with him. Llera obviously scored but then he got caught out too often and kept trying long balls that rarely come off (though he wasn't the only one).

We keep seeing the same things, once our opponents up their game, get a bit more confidence and get comfortable we struggle and look for the long ball. Then we end up under even more pressure and struggle to stop it. Is that down to the management or the players? Probably both.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LawrieAbrahams[/cite]I thought for the first 44 minutes was far and away the best we've played this season. Some good signs from Benson when he was playing with Anyinsah. Our passing was crisp, Martin caused lots of problems. Then Racon gave a way a stupid penalty after a wrong decision on the throw-in which the ref gave to us but the lino flagged for them. It was a foul, I looked straight at the ref hoping he wouldn't give it. Second half we were a different side and didn't deserve to go back in front but the defending for the equaliser was awful. Worner made some good stops but dropped a couple of crosses and is probably not tall enough.

must agree it was probably the best we av played so far this season but i thought dagenham where awful they where there for the taking and yet again we messed up something needs to be done and i feel it has to be sooner than later.
  • Options
    I thought only catching 1 fish all day was shit

Missing this let's Me know I have had a good day
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]I thought only catching 1 fish all day was shit

Missing this let's Me know I have had a good day

D believe me you never missed nothing same old charlton.
  • Options
    Should have been 3 or 4 up first half but didn't finish them off and paid for it with a ridiculous penalty.

Lost our way 2nd half which shows a poor mentality to losing a goal. I think the Benson slating is OTT. Showed good link up play 1st half - I kept mistaking him for Martin, which is a compliment. Didn't take his one chance and his touched deserted him late on.

Worner did well, Doc is not the player he was last year for Norwich, Llera is a liability, Martin is class with no end product.

Make no mistake, it's a terrible result. If we can't beat Dagenham at home, we are going nowhere. Credit to them. They were the better side 2nd half, after being outclassed in the first.

V worrying.
  • Options
    We looked bright and up for it for the first 30 mins and D&R looked like they had turned up expecting to be beaten. Should have been 3-4 goals up and generally most of the team was working very well. Trouble was after we scored our goal Martin decided to turn into a show pony - what was that cross all about...it was only 1-0 for goodness sake, cross it properly and hit a man instead of pissing around like that. Wagstaff was annonymous and Benson never looked a threat.

The pen looked an awful decision from where I was sat but we should not have been worried by then as we should have been home and dry. What Parky said to the players at half time turned them into firghtened rabbits who just booted in long from defence. Martin dissapeared into a shell, the loss of Anyansah took all the pace off the front two with Benson ambling around and Sodje trying but just not very good.

Thought we had nicked it at the end until i heard 4mins injury time and was then resigned to letting in an equaliser and low and behold along it came.

Very poor overall and just not good enough, I have said it before and will say it again Parky is simply not good enough, tactically inept and unable to get the best out of the team.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Benson is toilet end of
  • Options
    beson dear me offer him mutual termination anything just get rid

if ayinsah wasnt injured then parky is an even bigger mug than i thought
  • Options
    Plus point was Francis, I thought he looked good today, and thats the first time Ive said that......so, maybe some hope for Benson? Doesnt really look the part at the moment, does he?
  • Options
    ayinsah and martin where our main threat in the 1st half stunned me not to see ayinsah 2nd half why?
  • Options
    It was not a penalty. As for the second half, if we can't hold onto a lead for three minutes at the end of a game, we don't deserve to win. At this rate survival is the target, not the Championship. This league is horrible and we've been dragged down to it's woeful level. Depressing.
  • Options
    Injured it said on BBC London.

Did u and barnsey stay calm j

Lol
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Injured it said on BBC London.

Did u and barnsey stay calm j

Lol

D we where both ok just annoying cos dagenham are a poor side ,robbo on the wing told me 1 of their players who was on the bench works for his firm on the underground just goes to show how shite we are becoming .
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Telnotinoz[/cite]Plus point was Francis, I thought he looked good today, and thats the first time Ive said that......so, maybe some hope for Benson? Doesnt really look the part at the moment, does he?[/quote]

Ist Half Francis was ok and linked up well with Martin but second half ,like everyone else, he struggled.What upsets me is where was he in their equaliser?As the right fullback
    he should have been covering the far post.And the cross took ages to come in as their winger had been turning and turning.He had plenty of time to read that cross.This is basic
    amateur football stuff.He is built like a collossus but he's not winning enough balls and his positioning is very poor.Pity because he had a good 45minutes but some mistakes are inexcusable.
  • Options
    Sounds great j shame I missed it
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Sounds great j shame I missed it

honestly we should av been 4up at the break murdered em ,2nd half we played like pakistan cricket team throwing the game away .