Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton 2-2 Dagenham - Post Match Thread

12346»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]Why's llera getting all the stick?? Neither goal is his fault! Firstly the penalty was shite reffing and the second was the LBs failure to stop the cross coming in!

and he scored..
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]Why's llera getting all the stick?? Neither goal is his fault! Firstly the penalty was shite reffing and the second was the LBs failure to stop the cross coming in!

and he scored..

Perhaps being played out of position at the back and should go up front!
  • Options
    How long is left on Parkinson's contract? We would never sack him in a million years.

I can't be bothered to reiterate how piss poor we were cos it's all been said above. I think we have just run out of ideas and need a big shake up. I think the squad is good enough though.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nichorob[/cite]How long is left on Parkinson's contract?
    Pretty sure its the end of this season.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nichorob[/cite]How long is left on Parkinson's contract?
    Pretty sure its the end of this season.

Then a midtable finish hopefully will see a complete new management team. Let's hope they prove their worth of another contract though, far from over.
  • Options
    My sentiments as well nichorob.
  • Options
    Worner got a 9 NOTW.Hes in the League One Team of the Day.
    Francis7,Llera7,Doherty5,Jackson7,Martin6,Semedo5,Racon6,Wagstaff 5,Benson4,Anyinsah4.NOTW
    Dont agree with the 4 for Anyinsah
  • Options
    Strange, Anyinsah looked promising I thought and he suited Benson far more than Sodje did.
  • Options
    I liked him.He is a defender's nightmare.He's got some pace and is relentless with his direct play.Hard to shake off the ball.I hope hes allright for Tuesday because yes Benson did play better when Joe was playing.
  • Options
    don't worry.
    nice bloke parkie and co will do a Q and A session in a months time and everything will be fine.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Get Llera out of that side and Fortune in.

Yesterday showed me how much we miss Burton and his link play
  • Options
    mascot88 7 hours ago quote# 149
    Posted By: Dazzler21
    Why's llera getting all the stick?? Neither goal is his fault! Firstly the penalty was shite reffing and the second was the LBs failure to stop the cross coming in!

and he scored..

----------------

Check Llera's positioning for the 2nd dagenham goal (and doherty / francis). The positioning was terrible, who were they marking nobody. Doherty bears responsibility as well as he is the lead defender. This follows on from Exeter. Llera is not very good but really should do better against teams such as Exeter and Dagenham.

Fortune and Fry have to be above Llera. You have to question Parkinson's judgement with Llera. He is obviously a decent bloke and has got guts, but he defensively he is one of the worst centre backs I have seen at charlton for many a year.

Wagstaff, a right winger at left wing, what was Parkinson doing with that ?
  • Options
    First 30 minutes was good. Blend up front was good. Only change needed at half time was Reid on for Wagstaff as i thought he was having an off day. If Ainshah (excuse spelling)wasn't injured then i have lost what little faith i have in Parky. For 4th home game running we end up with no pace up front in second half when thge game opens up and there is space in behind. No quality in the middle, Llera is shocking and we are what i thought we'd be this year - mid table 3rd division. Only one thing left to try - stick Martin in the middle, oh and for god sake leave a pacy striker on in the second half of a game. Reason we get worse as game goes on is players have more time on the ball and that is when quality players come to the fore and the players who can do little more than battle, gradually get exposed. Unfortunately, we have very little quality. Martin has quality but is shove out on the wing which is 90% about legs and lungs - get him in the middle and use his touch, brain and vision. It ain't that difficult.
  • Options
    can't be bothered to read the whole thread....shocking game and performance.

Keeper made a couple of decent saves but in m opinion he's far to small and not the answer

Llera is a clown

Why was Waggy taken off, surely Benson should've gone and Martin pushed up front....hope Benson doesn't start on Tues, can't ever see him scoring !

Why was Reid on the bench ????????

just plain fed up with football at the moment and at the moment I really don't think I can be arsed to go on Tuesday (I know that I will come the day though)
  • Options
    zzzzzzzzzz"we are only 2 points off top" zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz "we are only 5 points off top" zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz we are only 37 points off top"

Thought after 30 mins ,"either we are good or they are total kak". Now im sure we are kak.

Benson ooooo dear lord £250,000 pissed out the window. Thought he might be a "fox in box" type more like "a skunk in a trunk" ,FFS one gear and its 2nd gear no pace even over a short distance."nice touches" ?????????????????????????? what of scratching his arse as the ball went passed ?

The goalkeeper is to small --------------- yes blah blah there are very good smal goal keepers but this is Charlton.

LLera FFS even Dagenham can see that all you need to do is turn him and its all over.

Yes of course the MOTM went off at half time with a back strain i mean it couldnt be another shit descission could it ?

Its dragging yourself down there now------------with a faint hope that we will turn the corner, but this clubs SATNAV is well and truely f**ked.
  • Options
    Regarding the Penalty and Parky's reaction to it I have to ask what Cloughie would have done.

Would Cloughie have remonstrated with the Ref and got himself sent to the Stand or would he have gone straight into the dressing room and told the players that it was their fault that they were going in at half time 1-1 because they should have been five up by the time that was given?

Whether it was a Penalty or not there is no way that Parky would have got a clear view of the incident from where he was anyway.
  • Options
    i think comparing parky with clough is a bit unfair.....
  • Options
    It's usually nice to be proved right but I take no pleasure in it with Charlton. We started the game against D&R looking a class apart and being able to break them open at will. After we scored we could have had 1 or 2 more then went into what I will for now on refer to as Charlton mode. This is the mode where we steady the ship, play it safe and ultimately allorior sides to get a foothold into the game. Ok the penalty was very harsh but for me it didn't disguise the fact that there was a point in that first half when we stopped going for the jugular. My son said to me after 20 minutes, 'we are going to thrash this team'. I told him that it would seem so but not to forget that we are watching Charlton - I instinctively knew what was to come and i'm sure many others did too.

I have been advocating playing 3 at the back against the weaker sides in this league at the Valley. Not because you can really claim this is normally a valid tactic but more because we need curing of a subtle negativity that will always give opponents, no matter how poor a chance against us. This formation will force us to go for the 2nd and 3rd and not allow opponents to get a foothold in the game that they inevitable do when we go into our safe mode. When the players' minds are cured of this affliction we should revert back to normal formations. But cured they must be - it was the same against Tranmere last week. We were murding Bournemouth and cobtrived a way to hang on in the end -it's getting ridiculous.

I'm still trying to work out if it's Parky or the players but our achilles heel is so glaring to me I will be dismayed if I don't see some type of corrective action. MK Dons tomorrow are one of the teams I wouldn't play 3 at the back against. We can win of course, we have some players that are well above the quality for the division but hard not to predict another draw - probably with us taking the lead again!!!!
  • Options
    Have to agree with everything you've written, Mutts.

PLEASE let us have learnt lessons from the previous 2 games although it looks as though changes to the line up will be enforced due to more injury woes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2010
    [cite]Posted By: MuttleyCAFC[/cite]It's usually nice to be proved right but I take no pleasure in it with Charlton. We started the game against D&R looking a class apart and being able to break them open at will. After we scored we could have had 1 or 2 more then went into what I will for now on refer to as Charlton mode. This is the mode where we steady the ship, play it safe and ultimately allorior sides to get a foothold into the game. Ok the penalty was very harsh but for me it didn't disguise the fact that there was a point in that first half when we stopped going for the jugular. My son said to me after 20 minutes, 'we are going to thrash this team'. I told him that it would seem so but not to forget that we are watching Charlton - I instinctively knew what was to come and i'm sure many others did too.

I have been advocating playing 3 at the back against the weaker sides in this league at the Valley. Not because you can really claim this is normally a valid tactic but more because we need curing of a subtle negativity that will always give opponents, no matter how poor a chance against us. This formation will force us to go for the 2nd and 3rd and not allow opponents to get a foothold in the game that they inevitable do when we go into our safe mode. When the players' minds are cured of this affliction we should revert back to normal formations. But cured they must be - it was the same against Tranmere last week. We were murding Bournemouth and cobtrived a way to hang on in the end -it's getting ridiculous.

I'm still trying to work out if it's Parky or the players but our achilles heel is so glaring to me I will be dismayed if I don't see some type of corrective action. MK Dons tomorrow are one of the teams I wouldn't play 3 at the back against. We can win of course, we have some players that are well above the quality for the division but hard not to predict another draw - probably with us taking the lead again!!!!

Not disagreeing with you but who would you say are the players that are well above the quality for this division? After 20 minutes on Saturday i may have agreed but that 20 minutes apart, i've seen no evidence of it the whole season so far. Our central midfield is the worst i have ever seen. Semedo is a converted defender with no real footballing ability and racon reminds me of a basketball player, springing around, occassionally getting it right, but neither have a proper football brain and without that in the midfield, the rest cannot function. That, in my opinion, is why we never control games - added to the fact that Parky is always tactically out thought as the game goes on.
  • Options
    Ok, Doc (team of the year last season and instrumental for title winners), Jackson (though not sure as a left back), Semedo, Racon, Martin, Reid - Dailly when fit, Youga when fit, Elliot when fit. Some are better than others, but enought in that list for us to be a top side.

Semedo is great for the role he is playing in but needs flair playing beside him. Thought Racon was decent on Saturday - not fantastic but decent and central midfield looked ok to me. Parky started Wagstaff on the left and whilst he batteld gamely - he isn't strong on the left side. Reid would have been a better choice there as he seems more effective on that side- but unfortunately he got injured.

There is a notable lack of centre forwards in my list and this might be part of the problem - if they were more freescoring, we might be less cautious -could be a catch 22 which comes down to this issue.
  • Options
    We do seem to lack a certain intelligence though- like failure to anticpate poor clearences from their keeper despite him doing it repeatedly. Some of the decisions on the ball are strange and it feels like the more rushed we are the better we are in that respect. Worrying as it suggests when we have time to think we don't know what to do.

Parky has said it's a new team and will get better - but a lot of the weak areas for me are coaching issues. My gut feeling is that we will get this right (I do have faith in the manager) as long as we don't lose confidence in the meantime. A win on Tuesday has become even more important now for that reason. My advice to Parky is to try to approach the game with the intention of giving Franchise FC a damn good thrashing. That means if we get 1- the second obejective is to get 2, then 3. Please Parky - you can be a great manager for us but you need the side to be less cautious and more attacking.
  • Options
    can anyone tell me when we can learn how to kill games off!! its crazy! i dont know how many times we score the first goal and then we panic. more often then not we concede, if not we spend the rest of the game defending and holding on for dear life. Llera, needs to learn how to not hoof the ball up the park, count less amount of times he done that on Saturday when he had time and other options to pick out passes. it angers me that he scored a goal, his name doesn't deserve to be on the team sheet, let alone the score sheet. Marin looked lively, but no one was helping him out. difficult when your only option is to run in to a dead end.

also, when is parky going to teach the team how important it is to stop the opposition from crossing the ball? Dagenham were not pressured when the ball was in a crossing opportunity. and unsurprisingly that is exactly how we threw away the 3 points on saturday.
  • Options
    People may shout me down but respecting other peoples comments may enlighten a few on this thread.I honestly believe that a certain young man playing in the reserves(Captain) should be given at least a cameo opportunity in the first eleven.we are 8 games in and so far every post match thread speaks of the lack of cmid wether it be creativity or substance.I honestly believe Parky should entrust players with an opportunity, and if the player fails to impress then at least he was given a chance and he also can find the measure of his footballing capabilities.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: selftaught[/cite]People may shout me down but respecting other peoples comments may enlighten a few on this thread.I honestly believe that a certain young man playing in the reserves(Captain) should be given at least a cameo opportunity in the first eleven.we are 8 games in and so far every post match thread speaks of the lack of cmid wether it be creativity or substance.I honestly believe Parky should entrust players with an opportunity, and if the player fails to impress then at least he was given a chance and he also can find the measure of his footballing capabilities.

lol alex stavs bro !!
    never seen him play
  • Options
    well if a family member cant big you up on here who can ?
  • Options
    theres no biggin up just a scenario and for the record i am neither brother nor father
  • Options
    Strange name for his Mum then.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: selftaught[/cite]People may shout me down but respecting other peoples comments may enlighten a few on this thread.I honestly believe that a certain young man playing in the reserves(Captain) should be given at least a cameo opportunity in the first eleven.we are 8 games in and so far every post match thread speaks of the lack of cmid wether it be creativity or substance.I honestly believe Parky should entrust players with an opportunity, and if the player fails to impress then at least he was given a chance and he also can find the measure of his footballing capabilities.

to be honest I'd rather see Stav in the team instead of that waste of space McCormack. Saying that I like Stav but you could never call him creative. Think the answer to the CM problem is currently playing at LB. However, if you know Stav, I'd suggest you advise him to leave. He won't get a chance here and I reckon it's best to persue his career elsewhere.