Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Peterborough 1 - 5 Charlton - Post Match Views

edited November 2010 in General Charlton
Wow, don't think too many of us saw that one coming. Amazing. Can't wait to hear from those at the game.

All post match stuff here.

Comments

• Options
    Not even a match report on the OS yet.

And where's the News Hopper .....?
    Oh for the days when the match report was posted as the ref blew the final whistle.

;o)
  • Options
    A few weeks ago I had to endure the Brighton commentator continuously going

"Brighton fans> How good does it feel?"

Well, now I know :-)))))))
  • Options
    wow!
    however before we all think automatic promotion is a given I feel obliged to point out that points and goal-difference-wise we are exactly in the middle between 11th and 1st ...
  • Options
    Wow, i am amazed, charlton seem to really be on fire. 2nd in the league! good times :-)
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Not even a match report on the OS yet.

Oh for the days when the match report was posted as the ref blew the final whistle.

;o)
    http://www.cafctv.co.uk/page/MatchReport/0,,10267~51820,00.html

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/football/charlton/8636139.Five_star_Addicks_put_Posh_under_cosh/
  • Options
    A weird one for me, overslept ,missed the first half, couldnt get onto CAFC player for the commentary or Charlton Life`for more than a few seconds.

Delighted with the result & massive, massive kudos to Parky & the boys.

My number one question is - what has changed since Brighton & the preceding games?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]wow!
    however before we all think automatic promotion is a given I feel obliged to point out that points and goal-difference-wise we are exactly in the middle between 11th and 1st ...

Nope, you've got me there. When I look at the table we seem to be in second, every time. Will have another look later just in case it's changed.
  • Options
    On the train, but just to say the first half was as a completer performance I've seen for 5 or 6 years.

Martin was utterly unplayable first half, Benson was top quality. More later
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    excellent result i hope parkinson keeps me eating my words, excellent balance in the team right now, i have said from the begining jacko aint a left back and he seems to be peaking popping up in the right place and scoring.

could be a costly 3 points with injuries to wags and joe boy, lets hope they are not too serious

very weakend squad against barnet i reckon
  • Options
    Bloody fantastic - great atmosphere covered terrace behind goal
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I listened and have to say that despite Emma's commentary it sounded as though after we scored the first goal we were never really under too much pressure. A good result and a good performance, confidence must now be flowing through the side - a good home win next Saturday (after we have won through to the next round of the FA cup on Tuesday) and Parky could be up for the dreaded manager of the month award!!! Please no!!!
  • Options
    Big thing for me is the fact that we scored 4 of the 5 without Anyinsah on the pitch. Was concerned that we lacked a threat without Joe in the side.

Now concerned that he keeps picking up these niggles. Did he have a poor record with injury at Carlisle?.

Wouldn't be surprised if Semedo was under instruction for that booking.
  • Options
    TRULY MAGNIFICENT TODAY
  • Options
    I like the fact that goals are spread throughout the team.

Waggy and Benno both on 6 each.
    Jacko on 5

Martin and Joe Anyoldiron are both on 4
    Racon on 3

And even Abbott has his 3 cup goals.
  • Options
    Great movement and passing - agree that we look better with jacko in mf
    Benno didnt score but his link up play was superb
    Martin terrorised their defence and racon and semedo bossed mf
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Not even a match report on the OS yet.

;o)
    http://www.cafctv.co.uk/page/MatchReport/0,,10267~51820,00.html

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/football/charlton/8636139.Five_star_Addicks_put_Posh_under_cosh/

Better late than never. :o)

Neither were available when I posted.
  • Options
    A month ago we were saying we relied on Reid to create anything. Then it turned to Anyinsah being key, he goes off and we score 4. Seems every player is playing a part. We don't have a proper play maker but in the last month the players are showing they can create and score chances at this level.

Hope the injuries to Anyinsah and Wagstaff aren't serious, am I right in thinking Francis and Elliot picked up knocks as well?

Good idea for Semedo to get that yellow card so he is now banned for the FA Cup game.

As the goal was a free kick it means we've not conceded in open play in the last 5 games.

Look forward to the views of those that went.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]My number one question is - what has changed since Brighton & the preceding games?

Presumably we have either
    1. got rid of the, 'muppet', tactically inept', 'clueless' ,'naive' manager we used to have (quotes from the other thread.)

2. PP has suddenly turned into a good manager following a thorough study of Charlton Lifers who want him out and wont hold back from saying so

3. started to see a PP team that has started to gell.

I am SO happy we didnt get rid of him, and I guess so is Mr Murray
    There will be peaks and troughs along the way, but today - what a great feeling. And the GD is beginnig to make less worrying reading too!
    I wonder how many of us got textx saying ''we can still lose this 4-3 or 5-4?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]very weakend squad against barnet i reckon

Or Reid steps in for Waggs.

And Martin keeps his place in the hole behind Benno .....?

And obviously, Ally Mac steps in for Semedo.
  • Options
    Seeing this result was the perfect ending to a long day at work.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Don't want Parky to get the manager of the month award as i am sure you all would agree, but boy oh boy does he deserve it!
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Parky might even rest the 'old men' at CB (who've got 3 League games in 7 days coming up), and play Fortune; and Llera - who must be desperate for match practice.

It's a squad game - and those who've not started in the last 4 league games must be champing at the bit to play.
    They get match fitness and a chance to remind the manager what they can do.
  • Options
    I'm so happy. I never thought a few weeks ago we would be capable of this run. I hope this isn't a dream! If I wake up in a minute I'll be gutted.
  • Options
    We're only 12 point off a relegation place;-)
  • Options
    Understand Posh targetted Anyinsah - hope that wasn't the case -disgrace if they did. Hope he isn't too serious - still a key player for us.
  • Options
    Great to see Benson involved in goals, or the assists for goals.

This side should be excellent away from home, and it's great to see it. Parky's built a squad that can interchange in the first 11. Let's hope Anyainsah get's back soon.

Can't wait to see Racon on tuesday!
  • Options
    as others have said. so happy for parky. if he'd have been given the boot after brighton and these results had followed, it would be all praise to the new manager. just goes to show patience is so important. have a great evening mr parkinson. 'the only way is up, baby, for you and me now'
  • Options
    Being in Kenya, my only link is via the net. I saw us go one up, truned away for a short while and then we had four. I thought the Guardian website was playing tricks.

Scoring five away from home is not what we are about. Should we now clammer for Parky to go for making us play out of character!?

It has taken a while for the team to settle, but we have to acknowledge what PP has achieved this season. I don't want to tempt fate but he could be the manager to take us a long way forward.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Screamer[/cite]I'm so happy. I never thought a few weeks ago we would be capable of this run.

And the teams we've beaten in that run are all against teams that have been fancied for promotion, 3 of them away from home.

Many people after the Brighton match expected us to get nothing from these fixtures
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: charltonkeston[/cite]We're only 12 point off a relegation place;-)

After the first match of the season, Charlton were only 3 points off a relegation place.

;o)