Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Peterborough 1 - 5 Charlton - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    just back from the match, what a game havent felt like that in a long time, feels like the old charlton!!
    Everytime we went forward we looked like we would score!
    Concerned tho that the run could come to an end against the lesser opposition we do seem to struggle when they put every1 behind the ball,
    Also the fans today were top draw even before we scored
    I liked it after we scored the third everyone was in shock then we go straight up the other end and make it 4, priceless!!
    COYR!!
  • Options
    Hope we get more than 30 seconds on the Football League show tonight. Just texted Lizzie to say the boys were jolly good today - should be a highlight of the show!!!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: MuttleyCAFC[/cite]Hope we get more than 30 seconds on the Football League show tonight. Just texted Lizzie to say the boys were jolly good today - should be a highlight of the show!!![/quote]

I was going to write this actually, 2-3minutes and a good few comments after i feel is deserved.
  • Options
    Well done the lads! Just to add my opinion, I think it's no mistake that Semedo got that booking - we need him for the league.

Just hoping we can do the same at home - bring on Yeovil.

COYR!
  • Options
    Yippie-yi-a yippie-i-o!
  • Options
    I went today, first time Ive ever taken my son with me and my old man came too, three generations of C.A.F.C fans and what a match! Ive gotta to say Martin made a real imact when he came on, Racon and Semedo were imense in the middle and Johny Jackson scored twice and played well but Benson was the M.O.M for me his work rate reminded me of Shaun Bartlett, never refuses to chase down lost causes get back and defends and basically never stopped running all game he really is a proper Charlton player.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MuttleyCAFC[/cite]Hope we get more than 30 seconds on the Football League show tonight. Just texted Lizzie to say the boys were jolly good today - should be a highlight of the show!!!
    she's a palace fan I believe? she might conveniently delete your text by accident!
  • Options
    Always nice to get a win, but a resounding away victory is a massive bonus, especially against the 'freescoring' posh, whose chairman apparently wants them to score 100 goals and get 100 points this season! Looks like they're also trying to concede 100 goals too! And if anyone genuinely had any worries about peterboro coming back from four goals down, do me a favour! I know we're charlton and we conceded a 3 goal lead at carlisle, but we were playing peterborough united, not man united ffs!!!! COYR!
  • Options
    Great result, wasn't there so thanks golfie for the text updates. No surprise that results have improved now we have a more balanced midfield and the players have taken heed of the rocket up the backside that the brighton result provided. Pleased that Martin scored as it puts pressure on the current front two and gives him a confidence boost. Hope not too many changes Tuesday as we still want to win, we shouldn't ignore what a difference a big third round tie could make.
  • Options
    after the Brighton game we had to sack Parky to avoid relegation, although it's no surprise that results have improved now
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyinsah has a groin strain, how long for one of them, two weeks? Tuesday Semedo and Martin also not available, looks like benson and abbot up front,
  • Options
    Hope to read a couple of 'wordy' accounts from those there, feel a bit detached from it today which is a real shame given it appears such a convincing victory.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Hope to read a couple of 'wordy' accounts from those there, feel a bit detached from it today which is a real shame given it appears such a convincing victory.

Apparently you didn't miss much, AFKA ...... just 5 goals, a superlative 1st half performance and a thoroughly professional one in the 2nd half. And the away fans never stopped singing.

That's all.
  • Options
    Peterborough5-1008.jpg

The Posh fans did exactly what the sign above said. Twenty minutes from the end, Nuff Said.
  • Options
    That result will get the rest of the crock of shit that makes up this league sit up and take note, this season we mean business !!
    If only I knew a peterboro fan to take the piss out of or someone who supported a team in this league to give it too, anyway I'll just settle for looking at the table and praying we go up so some banter may be had with mates about football again !
    Saw the goals on SSN
    Nice to see tricky martin amongst the goals and well done waggy for reacting quickest to win the all important penalty
    Shame the clean sheet run ended but we always seem to have worldy free kicks scored against us
    Anyway the important stuff now
    10% automatics(wow) 89% playoffs 1% we're stuck in this non event of a league for another season
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Automatics any 2 from charlton brighton soton and huddrsfield
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Difficult to do a wordy account of the game when you are on a low tiered old fashioned terrace and most of the action including 5 of the goals happened at the other end. It was quite a retro experience for me and one I enjoyed enormously, my son was shocked when I told him we were going to stand, 'but we only stand at Welling daddy'. We could smoke in the ground, though not on the terrace, which was another return to the past.

First the penalty was for a foul on Wagstaff not sure how clear cut or not it was; I couldn't tell. Penalty whacked down the middle my Jackson goalkeeper diving to his right. I think then Anyinsah got injured which is a worry and Martin came on. Second there was an appeal for a penalty going on and Racon was following up and shot into the top right hand corner. Third was a cross from the right that went through everyone but Jackson was sliding in at the far post and scored. Well taken goal and good cross not sure from who they were along way away....Martins first was a run in from the left and looked like a well taken goal after he beat a plyaer or two; might be making that bit up.

At half time 3 changes for them, their goal was a well taken free kick outside of the box, need to consider whether we have a plyer on the post who would have headed the attempt away. 5th was chaos in their defence a poor back pass and a simple pass from Benson to Martin to tap in. Their goalkeeper given loads after that.

Anyone remember the 4-0 demolition of Wolves away from home in the premiership reminded me of that really quite dominant in the first half Elliot made one save from a long shot and another from a close header right at the end of half. Everyone has said we were well supported vocally and we really were there was only a period at the beggining of the second half around the time of their goal could they be heard and there was a quiet bit as the game drew to its inevitable conclusion at 5-1.

Thoroughly enjoyed my day out in Cambridgeshire.
  • Options
    Just back. What a day. Love it. We were excellent. Come on you reds!
  • Options
    Looked like some good passing moves for our goals on the TV just now - plus some shocking defending!
  • Options
    Racon finished very well i must say.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    IAIA
    edited November 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Saga Lout[/cite]Well done the lads! Just to add my opinion, I think it's no mistake that Semedo got that booking - we need him for the league.

Just hoping we can do the same at home - bring on Yeovil.

COYR!

If you saw what he was booked for, you wouldn't have a problem with it

As said by pikwick, second goal would've been a penalty if Racon didn't score. My memory of the other goals is hazy (apart from the penalty being quite soft and the rest of the goals being deserved, for either side)

The first half was fantastic. Not for our dominance, but what we did with the possession we had. I was pinching myself about the first goal while the third and fourth went in.

You must've been right behind me, Beds
  • Options
    well done lads
  • Options
    as with Oakster, this was a weird one for me.... could only get CAFCTV for the first 10 minutes.... then couldn't even log-in again..... every time I went to charlton life it kept crashing.....

all I could do is watch the goals flow in on another website and continually try in vain to regain a digital connection to the excited tribe of charlton through CL or cafctv

REALLY wish I could have listened to that game - even if it was emma!

great result - COYR!!!
  • Options
    To whomever wondered what took the Shopper report so long: It was up within ten minutes of the final whistle. You are impatient. Ner ner.

To that same person who referred to the paper as the News Hopper: Barnet last week put Hopper on my press pass. True story. I found it funny.

To whomever pointed out the insecty typo in the report: thanks and fixed!
  • Options
    Well the truth is Im struggling abit to stay up ... I managed to stay for awake for the first goal.. (I think Emmas Commentary did help ;)) and then I woke up and it was 2-0 ... then My mate sent me a facebook going whats going on we are 4-0 up.... and I was basically asleep on the sofa... then I heard them score one and Martin score another one...

So Im now goingg to source somekind of software that will record the game so I can listen to it the next day.. Im not actually sure if this is even possible.. But I will get my IT guy on it..

As far as the result we are obviously sensational and I have this feeling that Martin in particular will start get an end product, both in his delivery and scoring, an excellent all round perfronmance, a massive Boost and I cant wait for Choice TV's vid..

E I E I E I O UP THE FOOTBALL LEAGUE WE GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    hmmmmm.... so, you had no 'player' problems then mascot!

please do let us fellow overseas-addicks know what you find out about recording.... could be useful

have also been having problems staying up since the clocks changed in the UK
  • Options
    Yeah I did have some probs ast night... the penalty for example..

got the pen, the player crapped itself and then by the time I got back Jacko was realling away having smashed us one up!

It does get a bit tough staying up til 2am..
  • Options
    I had jetlag bigtime, was in bed by 8.30....got the orange texts through for the line up, went back to sleep, got woke up at 1-0 and again at 2-0, went back off to sleep then dreamt we were winning 5-2 and got woke up to the phone saying 3-0....wondered what on earth was going on....by the time it was 4-0 I didnt know my arse from my elbow, but was content to know we were winning either by 4-0 or 5-2.....
    maybe I ought to sleep through the next one too. Top notch, lets keep this run going.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stoke_addick[/cite]I went today, first time Ive ever taken my son with me and my old man came too, three generations of C.A.F.C fans and what a match! Ive gotta to say Martin made a real imact when he came on, Racon and Semedo were imense in the middle and Johny Jackson scored twice and played well but Benson was the M.O.M for me his work rate reminded me of Shaun Bartlett, never refuses to chase down lost causes get back and defends and basically never stopped running all game he really is a proper Charlton player.
    Glad you went and enjoyed it.Big thank you to your 'old man' for phoning me after the fourth and letting me hear our magnificent singing supporters.Started my drinking session
    there and then....What a result !Up to second.Bring on Yeovil.My turn to phone now.COYR.
  • Options
    The trek down from Shropshire was well worth it, brilliant party atmosphere even before we scored, yes it was hard to see most of the action in the first half from behind the goal, but great slickness to turn the possession we had into goals. Strange though, I have seen us play better and lose. Having said that Martin was brilliant, and for once our defence were dealing well with crosses and corners, Doc looked solid. We were spreading the ball around well and were not relying on the wings for attacks. The fact that we can now mix up our play with the likes of Reidy, Wagstaff, and Asinyah (when he's fit) and a more forward playing Racon is brilliant. Martin for me was M o M and deserves his own song.

Peterborough did'nt stop having a go and were very positive even when losing 4 - 0. I was impressed with their fans, only a handful left early if that was at the valley fans would be leaving in droves. Singing 'your support is F S' at places like this is a joke their fans are great just by being there. There goalie really was having an absolute nightmare and our pressure on him worked well. Great game, great Support it feels like we really have momentum now to keep up this great run.