Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Peterborough 1 - 5 Charlton - Post Match Views

12346»

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2010
    Posh photos

Nice pic of Martin's first goal.

PS the guy waving in the first picture was greeted with a chorus of "Who the ******** hell are you?" by some of our fans.

Addicks pics
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: ChrisWhytesBaldhead[/cite]Couldn't believe we didn't get more of a mention on the Football League show. I admit the Hartlepool result was a shoch but our result was the stand out one from league one.

Also barely a mention aftewards, guess we will have to get a few more so they have no choice but to focus on us.[/quote]

I like it when the press ignore us - in 98 they were all talking about Forest, Boro, Sunderland and even Ipswich before we got mentioned and in 2000 all the talk was about Man City. We had the last laugh on both occassions - gently gently catchy Monkey.[/quote]

Well if we win regardless both at home to barnet and yeovil this week then i rekon theyd then really focus on us on the fl show, COYRs
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: southamptonaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]brighton had 2,519 there two weeks ago ..... i suppose they all live up there

How sad that you have to trawl through other teams just to find a stat that slags off our away support.

"slags off " i'm just comparing not slagging off mr. touchy

Unfortunately you "compare" after nearly every away game.
  • Options
    I didn't think I would get a better away day than Carlisle this season, but that was it.

Top day out. Fantastic performance. Everything else has been said.
  • Options
    Great win and great for the goal difference as well - that needed a boost and in what might be a tight division that could be vital.

But how poor were Peterborough? To lose like that and gift us several goals suggests that a determined team with the bit between their teeth will storm this division - much as Brighton are doing. If Peterborough were nearer relegation that promotion I might not read much into the result, but they were in the play-offs and ahead of us before Saturday and I think if they had won and other results had worked their way could have gone second.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]Great win and great for the goal difference as well - that needed a boost and in what might be a tight division that could be vital.

But how poor were Peterborough? To lose like that and gift us several goals suggests that a determined team with the bit between their teeth will storm this division - much as Brighton are doing. If Peterborough were nearer relegation that promotion I might not read much into the result, but they were in the play-offs and ahead of us before Saturday and I think if they had won and other results had worked their way could have gone second.

Afew weeks ago you could have substituted Charlton for Peterborough, things in this division can turn around quickly. Strangely enough, with hind sight, those four games we have had maybe less difficult than the four coming up even though the teams are at different ends of the table. The last four have all been teams that are up there with us and have given us room to play, we now have four games coming up where the opposition are fighting not to leave the division through relegation and the onus will be on us to break down packed and cynical defences. With our new found confidence and movement up front we should do it but there are not going to be any walkovers in the next few games.