Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Peterborough 1 - 5 Charlton - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    is semedo and racon now banned?

martin out as well because ipswich wont let him play

waggs and joe boy injured

elliot and francis picking up knocks

reid and mac shoeings for tuesday as is worner, i can see akpo and abbott upfront, solly if fit back in aswell
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    wasn't there so won't comment. oh bollocks, that's what the fruitcakes say when we've lost.

terrific result. really happy for everyone. since parky said there'll be no more excuses, he's been true to his words. it's like a new dawn where you can almost start to believe that the nightmare of being in this pathetic excuse for a league, just might be coming to an end a little sooner than you thought.

new contract for parky on monday.
  • Options
    Very excited to see what position we will be sitting after christmas, because i can feel it being top.
  • Options
    Semedo banned on Tuesday - @cafcofficial confirmed on Twitter
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]martin out as well because ipswich wont let him play

I'd forgotten that, NLA.

Time to give Akpo a start then alongside Benno - or even maybe with Abbott.

Need to keep everybody in the matchday squad match fit.
  • Options
    Would be great if Semedo and Racon get banned for Barnet match - get suspension out of the way -Is this the case? If so, maybe did it on purpose- why would you time waste at 5-1 up. Clever boys Jose or Stupid boy if he isn't banned on Tuesday.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]

My number one question is - what has changed since Brighton & the preceding games?

The day is always darkest before the Dawn

Seems we needed that to get the response from the players and now they're playing with confidence and pride

It's also really good that we've done this all away from home. If we can get the Valley to be a fortress in the next 3 weeks I think we'll become the team to beat
  • Options
    I Live in Peterborough so you can guess how I feel. excellent performance all round ,well done
  • Options
    From Newshopper:

'With six pairs of fresh legs and momentum on their side, the Blues kept the pressure piled on in search of an eventual way back into the game – but the next goal once again went to the away side.'

Six pairs of fresh legs? Just who or what were we playing against?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: redbuttle[/cite]I Live in Peterborough so you can guess how I feel. excellent performance all round ,well done[/quote]

Your over the moon, like every single Charlton fan should be tonight :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Happy Valley[/cite]From Newshopper:

'With six pairs of fresh legs and momentum on their side, the Blues kept the pressure piled on in search of an eventual way back into the game – but the next goal once again went to the away side.'

It was an Insecty side.
  • Options
    According to the OS:

The last time we scored 5 away from home was a 5-2 win at Grimsby Town on November 12th, 1999 - and that turned out to be a title-winning season.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Parky says Anyinsah is a groin strain. No mention of Elliott or Wagstaff.

Big gap on the right hand side for Tuesday if Waggy isn't fit....Martin can't play........edit...Kyle Reid will play there.
  • Options
    have we gelled yet?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]According to the OS:

The last time we scored 5 away from home was a 5-2 win at Grimsby Town on November 12th, 1999 - and that turned out to be a title-winning season.
    :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: happyvalley[/cite]have we gelled yet?

I think we have, been a bit of a slow setting jelly hasn't it.
  • Options
    Magnificent result. From listening to the radio it sounded like our crowd were on form today as well - though to be realistic, there'd be absolutely no excuses if they weren't. Hope they are all enjoying a really satisfied journey back ;-)
  • Options
    Sure parky can rustle up a team for Tuesday - looks like a run of easier games coming up but the supposedly hard ones seem to suit us fine.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: charltonkeston[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: happyvalley[/cite]have we gelled yet?[/quote]

I think we have, been a bit of a slow setting jelly hasn't it.[/quote]

Yes, but the best jelly in the league recently!
  • Options
    What a great result!

2nd in the table too.

Parky out?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: MuttleyCAFC[/cite]Sure parky can rustle up a team for Tuesday - looks like a run of easier games coming up but the supposedly hard ones seem to suit us fine.

Exactly the attitude the players have to avoid tbf

Every game is a challenge and we need to prepare and play as though we are playing a title rival every week

The good thing is the forwards are playing well, the midfield are scoring freely and the defence appears to be performing at last - hopefully we can duff Barnet up and keep momentum
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]What a great result!

2nd in the table too.

Parky out?[/quote]

Never lol.
  • Options
    I am on my 2nd bottle of red.

Best day of the year!

CARN U RED BOYS!
  • Options
    After an awful few days, but particularly an awful morning, I found the score post match and almost keeled over. A bit of happiness goes a long way.
  • Options
    Seriously ?
    0-4 at Half time ?
    Genuinely thought I was being wound up by fellow lifers................

Could only draw 1-1 2nd half.

Parky out................
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: Happy Valley[/cite]From Newshopper:

It was an Insecty side.

And a cricket score!

What a great saturday afternoon. Flicking between Soccer Saturday and a brilliant England performance in the rugby. Plus had a few bets today for the first time in ages and doubled up
  • Options
    Great result, Peterborough away win is a terrific result, to stuff them is even better. Top two
    is looking good now. Up the Addicks.
  • Options
    If these performances keep flooding in i cant see why Charlton cant win this league or at least finish 2nd spot.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: jazzyjazzyjazzy[/cite]If these performances keep flooding in i cant see why Charlton cant win this league or at least finish 2nd spot.

Long way to go. This division will change again once the poo weather settles in and the pitches cut up - that could hurt Brighton more than most and provided we can mix it then I'm hopeful
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: jazzyjazzyjazzy[/cite]If these performances keep flooding in i cant see why Charlton cant win this league or at least finish 2nd spot.

Agreed, Jazzy.

In fact, if I were Parky I'd ask the League to stop the season right now.
    Then we can't fail.