Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Peterborough 1 - 5 Charlton - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    Couldn't believe this result, was pondering going but the wallet got the better of me, am i gutted or what! Are people really suggesting Semedo got a yellow so he got banned for tuesday? Why would he?
    Pissed me off we didn't keep a clean sheet - PARKY OUT
  • Options
    Well Bugger me sideways, we were immense!

Peterborough5-1005.jpg
  • Options
    after a very difficult morning, culminating in me having to miss the match, this was a huge lift for me. thanks parky and the boys.
  • Options
    Nothing beats winning!

Wasn't there but scoring 3 against Swindon and 5 at Peterborough both teams likely to be up there at the end of the season is very impressive and shows we'll be there with them come the end of the season.

Let's keep this form up!
  • Options
    Well if he got a yellow after Tuesday, he would have missed a league game. He got booked for time wasting -who time wastes at 5-1 up:) Mind you best not to say anymore about it although nothing can be proved if the league want to scrutinise lol
  • Options
    Brilliant result, sounds like we maintained the performance over the 2 half's. Solid in defence, creative in midfield and clinical upfront. Almost sounds like a good team...

COYR!
  • Options
    Just back from the game - brilliant, brilliant stuff.

We looked like scoring everytime we went forward and kept Posh, who have some talented forwards, pretty much at arms length. Dailly ws superb with excellent support from Doc, Racs and JVS ran the show and Martin was unplayable, while Benson toiled away and never gave their back 4 a moments peace.

Complete performance really - best away win since we beat Arsenal 4-2 at Highbury. Posh can't defend for toffee, but we put them to the sword and I'm not sure we'd have had the tools to get a result like this last season.
  • Options
    Absolutely fantastic result. We need to kick on now and show that we aren't just a counter attacking side (20 goals away from home as against 7 at home is simply unbelievable) by burying a few sides at the Valley too.
  • Options
    Really think we could find ourselves cemented in 2nd spot or even 1st, with the next 4 league games coming up :-)
  • Options
    Yes, Yeovil will come to frustrate us and adarw would be a fantastic result for them- the 4 teams we have beat came out to outplay and beat us. A convincing victory on Saturday and we should have permission to get excited.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: MuttleyCAFC[/cite]Yes, Yeovil will come to frustrate us and adarw would be a fantastic result for them- the 4 teams we have beat came out to outplay and beat us. A convincing victory on Saturday and we should have permission to get excited.[/quote]

Yes actually, lets keep a little grounded until saturday lol.
  • Options
    UP THE ADDICKS!!!
  • Options
    I had 2 tickets for the game but only landed back at Heathrow at 3pm, so missed it. We did fly right over the Valley at 2:45, however, and I took the opportunity to give a fist clenched salute to the much loved ground. Absolutely brilliant result. I saw us play stunning football to push aside Swindon last week and this sounds like we were even better today. Give Parky that new contract now.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MuttleyCAFC[/cite]Yes, Yeovil will come to frustrate us and adarw would be a fantastic result for them- the 4 teams we have beat came out to outplay and beat us. A convincing victory on Saturday and we should have permission to get excited.

I'd be happy if we get the same results against Yeovil and Brizzle Rovers as we did at home last season.

Charlton 2 Yeovil 0
    Charlton 4 Brizzle Rovers 2

Both teams lost at home today, both conceding 3 goals.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Red_Pete[/cite]I had 2 tickets for the game but only landed back at Heathrow at 3pm, so missed it. We did fly right over the Valley at 2:45, however, and I took the opportunity to give a fist clenched salute to the much loved ground. Absolutely brilliant result. I saw us play stunning football to push aside Swindon last week and this sounds like we were even better today. Give Parky that new contract now.[/quote]

Loving the salute mate, i do it every time i pass the Valley, and yes new contract needed.
  • Options
    Just back took my son to his first away game, might have to take him to a few more! Not sure I have seen CAFC score 5 away from home before.
  • Options
    It's my 18th birthday tomorrow, and last year on my 17th we beat MK Dons 5-1

They certainly know how to give me a great birthday present!
  • Options
    bin looking at the posh boards. We have been fortunate that last 2 league games were against sides that were inept and a disgrace. I predict we will come up against a few more disgraces, not fit to wear the shirt performances........nothing to do with us of course lol.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Some good pics on Posh site hhttp://tinyurl.com/37ym29y, I notice there was seaman on the pitch surprised the players played on it
  • Options
    Heard the stewards were OTT can anyone confirm or add more detail
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What a great result.....like others, I had to check what I'd heard because I couldn't quite believe it. That we got a load of goals despite key squad members not being on the pitch bodes very well too.

Well, full credit to Parky, because he asked for a response from the players and he got it - I think that he has really got that squad playing for him now when they realised just how perilous his position was after the Brighton game. I think that they want to succeed for him which is a great thing to see and will really help us if it continues through the season.

I am really enjoying my portion of humble pie tonight. I hope that there are many more helpings in store.

Oh, and well done to everyone that went today - you really played your part and I'm glad that you were rewarded with such a terrific result!
  • Options
    Same here bigs I can eat loads of it my belly is big enough to consume atleast 6 more months worth
  • Options
    Charlton fans were in fine voice once again. Well done to everyone that went today. The 10 mins singing old songs while we were 5 - 1 up will be remembered haha.
  • Options
    1 word WOW
    Stewards only bad thing they seemed was there mission to get people to sit down even though they were in the back row
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]Heard the stewards were OTT can anyone confirm or add more detail

Very keen to have people on the floor and out spilling forwards after the fifth.

to everything else I can't yet comment. I wouldn't do it justice. I need a sit down. Just wow. The intensity, the slickness of our attacks. Nurse!
  • Options
    Only decided at midday today to go and at the time I was still in Asda's in Swanley !!!!!1

Picked my mate up at 12.30 in Dartford and had parked up by the ground by 2.40 pm

Great decision !!!!!!!!

Great game and first time I've seen us score 5 goals away from home (wasn't at Grimsby in 99)

All round team performance and the Racon/Semedo central midfield paring has finally started to work
  • Options
    just got back what an amazing game, our attacking play was worthy of the championship today and our defense solid
    great match and the fans were amazing werent quiet for more than 3 minutes, didnt hear a thing from the home end
    well done parky and the boys
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]Heard the stewards were OTT can anyone confirm or add more detail

No. Didn't see any Steward nonsense at all but i wasnt in the seats. Good day all round. Fans and team on top form.
  • Options
    Although a few years separate the two matches but we have now beaten Posh 5-0 at home and 5-1 away
  • Options
    great game, slick passing, great support, nice day out, seemed to lose midfiled in the second half. but the game was already won
    may i say parky has got the whole team playing as a unit , very well organised