Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Vegetarian Football Fans

1789101113»

Comments

• Options
    It's national vegetarian week, so my ordinarily-veggie girlfriend is a vegan for now. She's dealing ok, I think, although I ate a big three-cheese pizza in front of her just now so we'll see if any resentment has been sown. For my part, I'm a veggie for the week. It's also going ok. I love things like cheese, mushroom soup and houmous, so a break from murderous flesh-craving is tolerable
  • Options
    Leuth said:

It's national vegetarian week, so my ordinarily-veggie girlfriend is a vegan for now. She's dealing ok, I think, although I ate a big three-cheese pizza in front of her just now so we'll see if any resentment has been sown. For my part, I'm a veggie for the week. It's also going ok. I love things like cheese, mushroom soup and houmous, so a break from murderous flesh-craving is tolerable

In the name of balance, there should also be a national carnivore week in which vegetarians have to give up tofu and falafel, and eat meat instead :smiley:
  • Options

I'm veggie and thinking of going vegan or is that a step to far?

Forgive me, but you make it sound like it's a fashion statement, like changing your hairstyle. I'm thinking of becoming intolerant to vegetarians instead of gluten, mainly because my wife's vegetarian.
  • Options
    I think that one can be filed under 'International Men's Day' or 'why don't we have MOWOs?'
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Leuth said:

I think that one can be filed under 'International Men's Day' or 'why don't we have MOWOs?'

Because, generally speaking, popular music of a culturally white origin isn't that good.
  • Options
    Forgive me, but you make it sound like it's a fashion statement, like changing your hairstyle. I'm thinking of becoming intolerant to vegetarians instead of gluten, mainly because my wife's vegetarian.

No I won't forgive you!
    It was a joke, I am thinking of going vegan.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

Leuth said:

Because, generally speaking, popular music of a culturally white origin isn't that good.
    Errr.........ok. If you say so.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

Leuth said:

Is there even such thing?
  • Options
    There is a pretty strong cultural chain from European folk traditions into popular music.
  • Options

It's a natural progression, I've now shunned dairy and just have the occaisional egg from my mates backyard chucks.

Am veggie and also considering going vegan. I use a lot of the nut milks and dairy substitutes.

The egg question is a difficult one for me though. Part of my work involves rescuing and rehoming ex commercial hens. They come to the rescue in quite a state and leave looking much healthier and happier now that they can see daylight, spread their wings in the sun and enjoy dustbaths. They still lay eggs - not as many as the commercial farmer would like which is why we rescue them from slaughter. But they will keep laying eggs - so eating them feels OK to me. I wouldn't eat one from a supermarket. We've got a number of older hens who no longer lay eggs (henopause) but just live out their lives free ranging.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Leuth said:

In the name of balance, there should also be a national carnivore week in which vegetarians have to give up tofu and falafel, and eat meat instead :smiley:
    lol Your user name should be Killerandflesh.

• Options

PaddyP17 said:

Leuth said:

Is there even such thing?
    There is - country music, which I'm a big fan of (Johnny Cash is excellent for instance), but most popular music otherwise is rooted in the blues, or depending on how far back you go, African-American work songs etc etc.
    Off_it said:

PaddyP17 said:

Leuth said:

Errr.........ok. If you say so.
    While most classical music is of course the output of dead white males etc, it's not popular music but art music. A fantastic canon, but not popular music.
  • Options
    Just to say, this week has been far harder for my vegetarian girlfriend being vegan than it has been for omnivorous me being veggie. Vegans are insane and wonderful people and I will never, ever be one
  • Options

I'm veggie and thinking of going vegan or is that a step to far?

@sillav nitram have you taken the step yet? I have been umming and ahing about this for some time now. I've been a veggie for 30 years but keep coming up against the dairy question. Although I am not actually eating cows I am still 'contributing' to killing calves and causing animal suffering. It just doesn't sit at all easy with me now.

One 'problem' is Mr Tatters. He's a meat eater but cooks and eats veggie food and tends to save eating meat until I've gone out/away (meat fest). Yesterday he cooked a veggie meal which also was vegan. When I announced this he grated cheese all over his. I just don't think I can eat dairy any more just to make life easier. It will cause some 'issues' but so be it.