Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Vegetarian Football Fans

Comments

• Options
    I've got no time for vegetarians. Bloody attention seekers...
  • Options
    So you posted on this Why ?
  • Options
    So you posted on this Why ?
    Because its a thread on vegetarian football fans perhaps?
    Just a thought.
    Discussion board type of thing
  • Options
    FM: Read the words:

"I've got no time for vegetarians...."

I repeat Why post on this thread ?
  • Options
    edited September 2011

Silly me - I thought I could read there for a second. Thanks for the pointer there! ;-)
    MOG Read the words - a thread on Vegetarian football fans
    Its bound to attract different points of view, and nuts.
  • Options
    Vegetarians are attention seekers are they? What like every one of them? All 4 something million of them in the UK? I understand a thread on vegetarian football fans is bound to attract different points of view, but bound to attract nuts? Where are those nuts huh? I'm feeling a little peckish here!
  • Options
    edited September 2011

Silly me - I thought I could read there for a second. Thanks for the pointer there! ;-)
    MOG Read the words - a thread on Vegetarian football fans
    FM: If there was a thread on eating bacon/steak/cow/pig....etc I wouldn't quote on it, let alone say "I've not time for dead animal eaters....."

So why go on.....oh.....whats the point ?

[Edit: as my missus says veggies are only 7/10% of the country: So what ? ]
  • Options

and nut roasts
  • Options
    Weren't they from Eltham, MOG?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2011
  • Options
    Having a difficult time at the moment in the South of France
  • Options
    France was so difficult last time I went, I wonder about going back again...seems like it hasn't changed much.
  • Options
    I can assure you that Spain is worse than France. Much as I love Tortilla there are only so many a man can take.
  • Options
    we are self catering as there are only so many pizzas you can eat.We are staying in a fab villa in Vence near Nice, if you are interested i can pass on the details
  • Options
    errrm....a villa in the south of France is beyond me at the moment, I'm suddering at the 9k uni fees (per year) looming for my son, and he will need my help financially.
  • Options
    I can assure you that Spain is worse than France. Much as I love Tortilla there are only so many a man can take.
    I'm not sure that this is true. I live in France and went on holiday near the Spanish border a few weeks ago. One day we decided to pop over to Sans Sebastien. At lunchtime we randomly choose a beachside café to eat in. To my surprise they did a vegetarian burger which I happily purchased. I have NEVER found a place in France selling vegetarian burgers - NEVER - and I've lived in France for precisely 8 years and 1 day (minus the holidays ;-)
  • Options
    Just re-read this thread: Apologies to anyone I upset annoyed/upset.
    Still a veggie tho'................
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Shock horror .. horsemeat found in Tesco veggie burger .. (only jesting !)
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I'm a vegetarian, have been for about 4 months now and I have to say I've never enjoyed my food so much. I started by only buying freedom farmed meat and then after finding out how much Halal meat is being secretly forced upon us I decided to go totally vegetarian. I am amazed at the wonderful yet simple meals that my wife (and myself but she is a better cook!) cooks that are so full of flavour. I haven't had any problems eating out as all good restaurants have some great vegetarian meals and I don't eat takeaways at all now. I feel great!

I'd like to add that the reason I have become a non-meat eater is because I detest the cruelty involved in slaughtering animals for meat, simple as that!
  • Options
    You veggies should be ashamed of yourselves, eating the food that food eats!
  • Options
    D_F_T said:

I'm a vegetarian, have been for about 4 months now and I have to say I've never enjoyed my food so much. I started by only buying freedom farmed meat and then after finding out how much Halal meat is being secretly forced upon us I decided to go totally vegetarian. I am amazed at the wonderful yet simple meals that my wife (and myself but she is a better cook!) cooks that are so full of flavour. I haven't had any problems eating out as all good restaurants have some great vegetarian meals and I don't eat takeaways at all now. I feel great!

I'd like to add that the reason I have become a non-meat eater is because I detest the cruelty involved in slaughtering animals for meat, simple as that!

I too stopped eating meat about 4 months ago, and the main reason being respect for animals.

So I am, and have been for years, an anti hunt/vivisection/ritual slaughter football fan who has just gone veggie.

And I feel so much better physically and mentally for it.

• Options
    Kill it, cook it, eat it. That is my moto
  • Options
    I used to be veggie but was assaulted by a bacon sandwich which forced itself upon me against my will...

What I did notice was that if I so much as dared to mention that I was a veggie there'd be a queue of people wanting to prove that I was a hypocrite, that I was wearing leather shoes blah blah blah, but then there'd always be one dickhead would complain that "we" veggies were always trying to force our opinions on others.

These days I try not to exist solely on animal products and have days when I don't eat meat. I don't do anything 100% - I am ambivalent about my partner, my football club, my job, my home, smoking, drinking, driving, going for a walk, playing tennis - why should food be any different. These silly "if your wife was about to be raped by a german soldier would you still refuse to fight" type question are sooooooo adolescent.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Each to their own, but some veggies do try and take the moral high ground, a bit like people who ride a poxy push bike to work!
  • Options
    Fair enough
  • Options
    BIG_ROB said:

Kill it, cook it, eat it. That is my moto

This - no doubt I will get slated but killing animals for food - don't care, killing animals for reasearch - don't care.

Don't like animals much but then again don't like people much either.

• Options
    Veggie or meat eater. Waste is the worst thing.