Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Vegetarian Football Fans

Comments

• Options
    BIG_ROB said:

Kill it, shag it, eat it. That is my moto

• Options
    JWADDICK said:

BIG_ROB said:

Kill it, cook it, eat it. That is my moto

This - no doubt I will get slated but killing animals for food - don't care, killing animals for reasearch - don't care.

Don't like animals much but then again don't like people much either.

push the people to the side of your plate and finish yer greens and potatoes ... boom boom !"!
  • Options
    JWADDICK said:

BIG_ROB said:

This - no doubt I will get slated but killing animals for food - don't care, killing animals for reasearch - don't care.

Don't like animals much but then again don't like people much either.

By that logic you'd enjoy leg of man, tender roasted breast or thunder thigh pie.

Apparently it tastes just like pork anyway.

;o)

• Options
    Not a veggie but have met dozens. Yet to meet one who takes the moral high ground.
  • Options
    Jints said:

Not a veggie but have met dozens. Yet to meet one who takes the moral high ground.

You ain't met the ones who I know then have you.
  • Options
    DRF said:

Veggie or meat eater. Waste is the worst thing.

Yeh, that waste tastes f****ing horrible, and it sticks to roof of your mouth!
  • Options

BIG_ROB said:

Kill it, shag it, eat it. That is my moto

In that order?
  • Options
    BIG_ROB said:

All very well mate, some might say that is natures way...a good, free, natural life ended with a quick kill. What I get upset about is the absolute cruelty involved in the way animals are kept indoors with nothing natural in their lives at all, no room to even stretch their legs or wings, no daylight or fresh air then the way they are transported packed in with no water often for hours on end and the way they are slaughtered quite amateurishly at times and sometimes with deliberate cruelty on a massive scale.

• Options
    D_F_T said:

BIG_ROB said:

All very well mate, some might say that is natures way...a good, free, natural life ended with a quick kill. What I get upset about is the absolute cruelty involved in the way animals are kept indoors with nothing natural in their lives at all, no room to even stretch their legs or wings, no daylight or fresh air then the way they are transported packed in with no water often for hours on end and the way they are slaughtered quite amateurishly at times and sometimes with deliberate cruelty on a massive scale.

I get just as hacked off with what you describe pal and those who buy meat produced in such a way have got the fromnt to call me cruel for what I do. You couldn't make it up!
  • Options
    ..and halal meat goes un-challenged!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Halal meat 'goes unchallenged' by whom, exactly?

Meat eater, btw - always have been, always will be.
  • Options
    @BIG_ROB - hello mate! :o)
  • Options
    I quite like the idea of a Charlton Veg Division with a masked turnip on the flag.
  • Options

I quite like the idea of a Charlton Veg Division with a masked turnip on the flag.

Liking that idea, I'll even volunteer to carry the flag. Only so far mind, I tire easily ;o)
  • Options

Liking that idea, I'll even volunteer to carry the flag. Only so far mind, I tire easily ;o)
    you need to BEEF up ...
  • Options

you need to BEEF up ...
    Nah Lincs, all LEAF my friend.

• Options
    BIG_ROB said:

Each to their own, but some veggies do try and take the moral high ground, a bit like people who ride a poxy push bike to work!

That is because we do have the moral high ground (on both counts).

• Options

BIG_ROB said:

Each to their own, but some veggies do try and take the moral high ground, a bit like people who ride a poxy push bike to work!

That is because we do have the moral high ground (on both counts).

Yeah Rob. Ave some of that ;o)
  • Options
    What are the laws of Vegetarian Football? If I knew where this sport is played I might become a fan of it?
  • Options

My missus is a veggie.

Pain in the arse on xmas day

You shouldnt have bought her a strap on.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

you need to BEEF up ...
    Nah Lincs, all LEAF my friend.

lol
  • Options
    Was a veggie for 11 years, but I got overweight and my immune system collapsed...it just didnt suit me.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
  • Options

But are you a vegetarian?

• Options
    I'm so educated and I'm so civilized
    cos I'm a strict vegetarian
  • Options

But are you a vegetarian?

I'm more vegetable like on occasion (it's my age old thing) !! .. only eat meat perhaps every 3rd main meal .. eat a lot of fruit and veg
  • Options
    I'm a vegetarian. Mostly due to working within conservation and feeling pretty hipocritical about eating animals. I don't really talk about it, never try and push it on anyone, but it is something that really seems to piss a lot of people off, like you have to prove yourself to be able to be a veggie. Just worry about yourself and not what I eat!
  • Options

No. I've been vegetarian since 1989 along with my wife. It was a choice. It doesn't make me more civilised or more educated. It has probably given me more time on Earth (reduced cholesterol, reduced animal fat etc.) I am vegetarian not for beliefs, or simpathy for animals. It was the preferred easy health choice. I like and wear leather - ooh! Just recently I went to my doctor because of joint pain (cue jokes). It was diagnosed as has having arthiritis in various forms and areas of my body. Apart from the I think usual anti-inflamatory drugs he said eat oily fish. Well in the not-to-distant future I will eat oily fish. My only problem is finding a sustainable species of oily fish. I don't want to contribute to much to this planets problems. Thanks for listening and sorry if I mis=read your post. I seem to have done that a lot lately!
  • Options
    RobRob
    edited January 2013
    My missus has been a vegetarian since she was about 5 years old. It's not an ethics thing at all with her but rather it's all about the texture. She's not even fond of mushrooms because of the texture. Anyway, this has helped me because now I find if I'm going to eat non veggie I tend to stick to chicken or fish. Can't remember the last time I had a steak and I used to love a nice juicy one.

There are a few places that aren't very veggie friendly. Two that spring to mind are the world meat eaters convention in Vegas and English football matches.
  • Options

No. I've been vegetarian since 1989 along with my wife. It was a choice. It doesn't make me more civilised or more educated. It has probably given me more time on Earth (reduced cholesterol, reduced animal fat etc.) I am vegetarian not for beliefs, or simpathy for animals. It was the preferred easy health choice. I like and wear leather - ooh! Just recently I went to my doctor because of joint pain (cue jokes). It was diagnosed as has having arthiritis in various forms and areas of my body. Apart from the I think usual anti-inflamatory drugs he said eat oily fish. Well in the not-to-distant future I will eat oily fish. My only problem is finding a sustainable species of oily fish. I don't want to contribute to much to this planets problems. Thanks for listening and sorry if I mis=read your post. I seem to have done that a lot lately!
    Unfortunately you have kind of misread my post. It’s an obscure lyric from a kinks song. 'apeman'.
    It came to my head when reading through the thread.

Know what you mean about the fish though, won’t be any left at the rate us humans eat them. well, saying that its all the fishing trawlers who plough the sea bed for all the fish then they end up throwing millions away each year. not intent on just killing all the fish but also the small time fishermen who need the fish so they can live. (small fishing villages on the west coast of africa for example).

You can get omega 3 tablets which is in fish oil. might help.