Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton 1 - 0 Col U - Post match views

edited February 2011 in General Charlton
Strange night, all post match chatter here

Comments

• What was Bradders goal like?
  • [cite]Posted By: Dizzle[/cite]What was Bradders goal like?
    [cite]Posted By: Dizzle[/cite]What was Bradders goal like?
    [cite]Posted By: Dizzle[/cite]What was Bradders goal like?
  • Upside down right boot bottom corner
  • I was at work. :( Hundred word summary please.
  • BWP's goal was well taken to say the least, he got himself into a good position and took his chance well. it was a sneaky part volley part overhead part scissor kick.
  • Unbelievable, had Oldham, Chelsea, and three "both teams to score" all looking good.
    Then Colchester go a goal up, think bollocks, turn off PC.
    Turn on sky sports news and suddenly my acca is up.
    Happy days.
    This will help go towards the summer family foreign holiday.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2011
    [cite]Posted By: Uboat[/cite]I was at work. :( Hundred word summary please.
    Confusing x 100
  • One of the strangest 5 minutes during a football match I can remember. Nobody - including the ref, especially the ref - knew what was going on.

If that happened on a sunday in your local park you would be laughing your tits off. But in a professional game?

Why on earth did he blow his whistle? Bizarre!
  • Well, it sounds like we got a huge slice of luck with the allowed/disallowed goal, if we had gone 1-0 down then it would have almost certainly meant a very deflating defeat.

The only bad news is that everyone else above us won as well.
  • we were rubbish but rode our luck. Great finish though
  • edited February 2011
    we would have lost that under parky

but that's 2 clean sheets on the spin now for us.
  • [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]

Brighton drew, but otherwise you are right.

At least we leap-frogged MK Dons.
  • WSSWSS
    edited February 2011
    Crap performance to be honest. Francis put in at least 5 superb crosses which nobody got on the end of but other than that we created very little. Wagstaff, Jackson and McCormack were anonymous for me. Fred and Brad had decent debuts with the latter getting a great goal.

Autos still in our own hands with fixtures and games in hand to come but we're going to have to play a hell of alot better.
  • [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]

I had stopped including Brighton as catchable (for us) when their lead blew out to 11 points or whatever it was but now.....
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]

I had stopped including Brighton as catchable (for us) when their lead blew out to 11 points or whatever it was but now.....
  • I had a feeling we would nick this and we did. Wright-Phillips and Bessone both had decent debuts. The defence look a lot tighter already under Chris Powells leadership and I also thought Semedo and Mc Cormsck battled very impressively in the middle of the park.
  • Diappointment was how deep into our half the miidfield had to go to get the ball. Francis may have put some decent crosses but was otherwise woeful. Racon anonymous again.
  • Well, I started off going to the game. Got hopelessly stuck coming down the A12. Realised I was going to be at least half and hour late. Decided reluctantly to turn back. Wish I'd pressed on. I'd probably would have got there in time to watch the second half!

Important win against a side who are there or thereabouts. Shame about Southampton scoring the winner through Lambert in 90 minute. Still he's up in front of the beak this week.
  • [cite]Posted By: harveys gardener[/cite]Racon anonymous again.

As in didn't actually get on the pitch?
  • [cite]Posted By: harveys gardener[/cite]Racon anonymous again.

Did nothing all game imo
  • WSSWSS
    edited February 2011
    Francis made no more mis-placed passes or mis controlled more times than anyone else on the pitch. Played an important part in the goal and was our greatest attacking threat in terms of chance creation. And we didnt concede. In my opinion of course.
  • Racon never put a foot wrong all game, yet people still dig him out *shakes head*

;o)
  • [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: harveys gardener[/cite]Racon anonymous again.

Did nothing all game imo
    I'm sure he made a few good runs up and down the sideline
  • I had stopped including Brighton as catchable (for us) when their lead blew out to 11 points or whatever it was but now.....

Only nine points ahead and we have a game in hand...