Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Labradors, German Shepherds & Dogs.....

Comments

• Options
    T.C.E said:

Never seen one Rob, they've got ears on them. Are there many of them in this country?
    Like you say, good looking dogs.

I think so mate, but mainly Germany and Hungary.....
  • Options
    Just got back from walking my brown lab, she legged it after a cat for about 100 yrds, got cat cornered - cat fronted her, lol 4 feet between'em stood there barking yanked her away - embarassing. Love her to bits tho'
  • Options
    thanks t c e he has been to the vets and he's been given a course of anti biotics.
    he is drinking ok but yeah as you say may have unfortunately touched a tender bit. but boy was I horrified, I mean you hear of dogs being put down, for biting people particularly children.
  • Options
    Got my little Jack Russell which insists on going to Oxley's Woods EVERY Sunday without fail. Not a chance of missing it out 1 week ever!
  • Options
    Very interesting about PAT dogs. I knew a bit about them, regarding visiting old folks homes and stuff, but didn't know about the helping with people that have phobias about dogs. My best mates missus is petrified of dogs and this fear has transferred onto her 6 yr old daughter. I invited them round to see my dog, as she's very placid. When they arrived, my dog was shut in the garden at first, just to get them used to the idea. Eventually she was let in. the mum wasn't too bad. She just froze and pretended the dog wasn't there. The little girl ran in terror and shut herself in the living room, screaming.

This sounds like an excellent idea to help her overcome her fears. Something they can and should look into.

Thanks
  • Options

Very interesting about PAT dogs. I knew a bit about them, regarding visiting old folks homes and stuff, but didn't know about the helping with people that have phobias about dogs. My best mates missus is petrified of dogs and this fear has transferred onto her 6 yr old daughter. I invited th

Very interesting about PAT dogs. I knew a bit about them, regarding visiting old folks homes and stuff, but didn't know about the helping with people that have phobias about dogs. My best mates missus is petrified of dogs and this fear has transferred onto her 6 yr old daughter. I invited them round to see my dog, as she's very placid. When they arrived, my dog was shut in the garden at first, just to get them used to the idea. Eventually she was let in. the mum wasn't too bad. She just froze and pretended the dog wasn't there. The little girl ran in terror and shut herself in the living room, screaming.

This sounds like an excellent idea to help her overcome her fears. Something they can and should look into.

Thanks

While meaning well with your intentions, I would never allow someone who has a fear of dogs to meet Bailey at my house. As with all dogs their loyalty is to guard their home and all thats in it. If you knock on my door you would certainly believe Bailey was going to rip you apart. If your invited in Bailey struts around like he pay's the mortgage, that isnt going to put someone at ease that already has concerns. I am more than happy to arrange a meeting at a park or even the house of the Mum and Daughter ( if its local) and I'll wager £20 to the upbeats they are both stroking Bailey within 90 minutes, no extra time.
  • Options

Just got back from walking my brown lab, she legged it after a cat for about 100 yrds, got cat cornered - cat fronted her, lol 4 feet between'em stood there barking yanked her away - embarassing. Love her to bits tho'

Bailey loves to stalk a cat or a crow, but if it stands its ground he has no idea what to do. ; )

• Options

thanks t c e he has been to the vets and he's been given a course of anti biotics.
    he is drinking ok but yeah as you say may have unfortunately touched a tender bit. but boy was I horrified, I mean you hear of dogs being put down, for biting people particularly children.

Its worrying indeed, hows your dog doing? Did the vet say what was up with him?

• Options
    SHoare93 said:

Got my little Jack Russell which insists on going to Oxley's Woods EVERY Sunday without fail. Not a chance of missing it out 1 week ever!

We're there sunday's, between 0730 and 1130 ish. Unless we're showing him somewhere.

• Options
    T.C.E said:

Its worrying indeed, hows your dog doing? Did the vet say what was up with him?

he thought he'd just eaten something rotten, picked up in the park? he seems okish but he's going back to the vets on wednesday just for a further check up, thanks for asking?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Today it was made "OFFICIAL" Bailey is now a qualified therapy dog.
    Hopefully his very first visit will be to a hospice local very close me as my Mum is a resident there. Subject to the normal procedures Mum will get a visit shortly, she has never met Bailey but constantly asks about him so we hope to spring a bit of a surprise.image
  • Options
    T.C.E said:

Today it was made "OFFICIAL" Bailey is now a qualified therapy dog.
    Hopefully his very first visit will be to a hospice local very close me as my Mum is a resident there. Subject to the normal procedures Mum will get a visit shortly, she has never met Bailey but constantly asks about him so we hope to spring a bit of a surprise.image

Nice one T.C.E mate and good luck to you and Bailey in the work you do in the future!
  • Options
    well done mate...well Bailey really!!!
  • Options
    Got a border terrier could Jasper, thick as sh@t but really playful. Brilliant dog had a Doberman before called Luke an amazing dog
  • Options
    Great Dog TCE. Now He's ready to train you......
  • Options
    Morning all. Hadn't seen this thread before but have loved reading it and seeing the great pics.

Introducing Evie, our 7 year old Coton de Tulear. Pretty but a real dogs dog who likes nothing better than tracking through the woods.

• Options
    Ah look at Evie. She's gorgeous. Ive started thinking about getting a dog now.

You've got a balcony Davo.. posh.
  • Options
    Yes, we rent the balcony from the people who own the house. They let us in to take the photo :-)

Thanks for the compliment for Evie, she is indeed gorgeous.
  • Options
    he's a fan of the waterboys, so is he behaving singularly and being a waterboy<?(%~}}>
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

Yes, we rent the balcony from the people who own the house. They let us in to take the photo :-)

Thanks for the compliment for Evie, she is indeed gorgeous.

You also led me to spend the afternoon looking at runners for halls and stairs...

@Miserableoldgit - do you fit them?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Curb_It said:

She is a lovely looking dog !

Similar face and coat ( but not ears) to our "timeshare" cavachon, Jasper. Daughter's family's dog but spends a fair bit of time with us .
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

She is a lovely looking dog !

Similar face and coat ( but not ears) to our "timeshare" cavachon, Jasper. Daughter's family's dog but spends a fair bit of time with us .
  • Options
    Ooops !
  • Options
    Sorry for leading you astray Curb-It. If you are interested in finding out more about Coton de Tulears I could point you in the direction of web-sites, good breeders etc.

Stair runners etc are down to my wife, I'm afraid. I think we had the stair runner made to size by John Lewis'. The hall and landing are natural oak but Evie stood every chance of doing an "Eddie he Eagle" from top to bottom so we got the carpet for her safety. Yet more dog related expense, which is the other aspect to consider when looking at dog ownership!
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

Morning all. Hadn't seen this thread before but have loved reading it and seeing the great pics.

Introducing Evie, our 7 year old Coton de Tulear. Pretty but a real dogs dog who likes nothing better than tracking through the woods.

Lovely dog, looks a little to me like a Bichion Frise but for the ears. When you say "tracking" do you lay a track or just let her scent track the local wildlife?
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

And Bailey is not gorgeous. ;(. What sort of dog you thinking of Curb_it? Big/medium/small, puppy/rescue, breed? Might be able to help once your decision is made. Perfect excuse for a walk to the pub. ;)

• Options
    I dont think my husband would go for one of them tho. she is gorgeous.

He'd be more of a fan of Silav's. Nice dog Silav, what his name?
  • Options

Great Dog TCE. Now He's ready to train you......

. Untrainable mate....;)

• Options
    Davo55 said:

Sorry for leading you astray Curb-It. If you are interested in finding out more about Coton de Tulears I could point you in the direction of web-sites, good breeders etc.

Stair runners etc are down to my wife, I'm afraid. I think we had the stair runner made to size by John Lewis'. The hall and landing are natural oak but Evie stood every chance of doing an "Eddie he Eagle" from top to bottom so we got the carpet for her safety. Yet more dog related expense, which is the other aspect to consider when looking at dog ownership!

And thought it was just me two weeks before we brought Bailey home the wife bought a stair carpet for his safety.......... Cream!! And yes it already needs replacing...:(

• Options
    Lovely dog, looks a little to me like a Bichion Frise but for the ears. When you say "tracking" do you lay a track or just let her scent track the local wildlife?

Yes, similar to a Bichon but less "square" in features and with the longer ears. Hair (not fur) is finer too and falls naturally to the ground if allowed to. That's how they are shown. We keep Evie trimmed so she can enjoy getting out and about without getting in a complete mess.

On tracking, I meant the local wildlife. We live near the Berkshire/Hampshire border so lots of open country and woods with wildlife. She loves going off following scents through the undergrowth.