Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Labradors, German Shepherds & Dogs.....

Comments

• Davo55 said:

On tracking, I meant the local wildlife. We live near the Berkshire/Hampshire border so lots of open country and woods with wildlife. She loves going off following scents through the undergrowth.

Have you tried laying you own track?
    Bailey/me were taught how to track by Mrs Redmidland.
    Bailey absolutely loves it, he regularly tracks in Oxleas Woods and has followed tracks up to 24hours old.

• T.C.E said:

Davo55 said:

On tracking, I meant the local wildlife. We live near the Berkshire/Hampshire border so lots of open country and woods with wildlife. She loves going off following scents through the undergrowth.

Have you tried laying you own track?
    Bailey/me were taught how to track by Mrs Redmidland.
    Bailey absolutely loves it, he regularly tracks in Oxleas Woods and has followed tracks up to 24hours old.

Not to date TCE, but might be interesting. How long did it take Bailey/you to get up to speed?
  • Three or four hours and he had the idea, but now if his tracking harness comes out of the car he knows what going on.
    From memory we started by laying a track in your dogs line of sight, walk off leaving your dog some 50 yards and at the end of the track, leave your dogs favorite toy or treat. Return to your dog by completing a circle, not by the same route it will confuse your dog. Slowly increase the distance, adding turns and work up to leaving the dogs line of sight into the trees and through water makes it interesting. Have a go its fun, this was one of Bailey's first attempts, Mrs Redmibland is in the distance to the left of the trees.image

His Masters Voice (HMV)

Now minus his whatsits.
  • Designed to protect the wound and trash your house ............The Buster Collar..... ;)
  • Curb_It said:

I dont think my husband would go for one of them tho. she is gorgeous.

He'd be more of a fan of Silav's. Nice dog Silav, what his name?

he's such a funny and brilliant dog curb-it. he was already called george when I got him from battersea, so I just softened it to georgie.
  • T.C.E said:

Three or four hours and he had the idea, but now if his tracking harness comes out of the car he knows what going on.
    From memory we started by laying a track in your dogs line of sight, walk off leaving your dog some 50 yards and at the end of the track, leave your dogs favorite toy or treat. Return to your dog by completing a circle, not by the same route it will confuse your dog. Slowly increase the distance, adding turns and work up to leaving the dogs line of sight into the trees and through water makes it interesting. Have a go its fun, this was one of Bailey's first attempts, Mrs Redmibland is in the distance to the left of the trees.image

Cheers TCE. Your dog is magnificent, by the way, and the photo of him in the snow is superb.

Similar to yours Sillav , Stella loves the water
  • Look at the size of Stella! Gorgeous.

I think we would go to Battersea as well Sillav.

Hmmm i got to think on on this. KHA story has me worried tho, not sure im grown up enough for that responsibility... and all that pooper scooping.

• Also @Mickc why has he got a neck collar thing on if he's had his nuts done?
  • Sponsored links:

• They ended up in his throat after contact with the vets size nines.

Only joking Curb_it !!!!!!!!!

The collar it to stop him disturbing the stitches.
  • Surely he can still lift his paw and scratch? or is just to stop from licking? Erm... this conversation is going downhill i fear. Dave Mehmet will be here in a flash.

• Put it this way, if It was me I wouln't be able to reach round that far, unfortunately he can and his tongue is longer.
  • Hello, I'm new. Have been reading for some years but signed up primarily because of this thread. I have a working dog Kelpie / Dingoish sort of thing. Super smart and funny as a dog can be. Will put some pics up when I learn how. Thanks for all your lovely stories.
  • edited October 2012
    Some lovely pictures on here so I'd thought I'd add Luther. We rescued him when he was 4 and have had 4 great years with him. A great big soft GSD who is brilliant with 7 young grandchildren.image
  • Lovely looking dog and a poo friendly lawn.
  • Shag said:

Similar to yours Sillav , Stella loves the water

Lovely girl.
    Bailey hates water, easy to get him in from the garden?
    Get the hose, you dont even to turn it on. ;)

• Some lovely pictures on here so I'd thought I'd add Luther. We rescued him when he was 4 and have had 4 great years with him. A great big soft GSD who is brilliant with 7 young grandchildren.image

He's a stunner, what rescue did you get him from?

• edited October 2012
    Been away from this thread for a while.....lovely looking dogs on here from all....I've had the pleasure of working with @TCE dog Bailey.....Mrs RM has done some training for him and he is a great GSD.....we currently have 5 GSD's (4 bitches and a dog)....all are trained either for work/show/obedience/agility.....and 1 is on-set at a film studio filming for a new blockbuster and a TV ad...but I am unable to reveal what until they are released.....if looked after and trained, dogs are a great distraction from everyday life.....I wish you all well with your own 'special' friends.
  • T.C.E said:

Some lovely pictures on here so I'd thought I'd add Luther. We rescued him when he was 4 and have had 4 great years with him. A great big soft GSD who is brilliant with 7 young grandchildren.image

We were very lucky. We had an appointment with GSD Rescue (BIGGA?) but the day before our appointment we got a call from the RSPCA. The rest as they say is history!

• Sponsored links:

• T.C.E said:

We were very lucky. We had an appointment with GSD Rescue (BIGGA?) but the day before our appointment we got a call from the RSPCA. The rest as they say is history!

BIGGSD ?? I know a few good people on there. He's certainly a lovely boy.

• Yes, thats the one! Yes we have been very lucky with Luther who is a super dog.
    T.C.E said:

T.C.E said:

BIGGSD ?? I know a few good people on there. He's certainly a lovely boy.

• mickc said:

His Masters Voice (HMV)

Now minus his whatsits.

Nice pumpkin
  • What a lovely smile, MOG !
  • Lovely boy is Buster.............. :)

• i see your picture has done the same mickc, does anyone know why this happens?
  • I fell over.
  • Starting to hurt my neckimage
  • For anyone with any dog behavior problems I would recommend spending an hour or so with Bailey and T.C.E, they are helping Drake our mastiff no end.

Ray, ill try and get that pic I took on my phone up.