Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Labradors, German Shepherds & Dogs.....

Comments

• Anyone looking for a special breed of dog look at the Leonberger. Lost Poppy last year sadly. Also see our cross Staff/Labrador MInnie of deer killing fame showing her gentler side with my wife's Maltepoo (or whatever the silly name is).image
  • Leonbergers are lovely ! Very similar to Newfies
  • Poppy was some dog @Dippenhall pal. Lovely...
  • Thanks guys, lump in throat.
  • It that your garden Dippenhall? And the bit over the fence :-)

Lovely dogs.
  • Woods!! Are you referring to my forest?
  • I could pinch a nice few rabbit off them there fields. Let me know if you get over run mate and I'll come over sepcially! ; )
  • For anyone with any dog behavior problems I would recommend spending an hour or so with Bailey and T.C.E, they are helping Drake our mastiff no end.

Ray, ill try and get that pic I took on my phone up.

No worry's Ben and thanks for that.

For those that dont know and maybe interested Bailey has in fact been very ill recently, first noticed at a show where Mrs Redmidland was handling Bailey it was apparent he was dragging his leg so much so he had worn his nails down until they bled.
    After loads of tests, CT scans and MRI scans results have proven Bailey almost certainly has neurological disease be it either Addison's a little known disease that can be controlled with drugs or CDRM which will result in Bailey losing control of his hind quarters. The results of bloods for the Addison's disease are due back from the lab tomorrow, we really need it to be Addison's disease to give our boy a chance of living out his natural life.

imageimage
  • Our cat catches rabbits believe it or not.
  • I'm not a dog person myself really but I truly hope Bailey makes it.

Even I can see that he is a special dog.
  • Sponsored links:

• Sh*t. Sorry, posted the pic before reading the above. Sorry to hear about Bailey Ray. He'll be okay I'm sure. Give Him a cuddle from Me & Buster.
    P x
  • So sorry to hear about Bailey. Keeping everything crossed for you
  • Sorry to read that, sure Bailey will be okay.
  • The results on Bailey's Addisson's Disease test have come back negative, which in theory should be a good thing. Unfortunately we are being told that with that result that the opposite is the truth and on sunday Bailey will have more tests for CDRM the equivilant to MS in dogs.
  • Sorry, ...............Thanks Gents
  • Oh no, didn't want to hear that! Still keeping everything crossed for you.
  • T.C.E said:

Dog owners p*ss you off because they wait until after dark??

Is that the same as you must be a Hooligan because you like football?

My dog is trained to S*** in my garden like all of us he gets caught short, when he does I pick it up!

And by the way, he's scared of the dark ; )

My dog is train to sh1t in Seths Garden
  • This is Neville. My 3yr old rottie that thinks he is a poodle, the biggest lap dog I've ever met! We're all gonna say it but he is the best!
  • T.C.E said:

The results on Bailey's Addisson's Disease test have come back negative, which in theory should be a good thing. Unfortunately we are being told that with that result that the opposite is the truth and on sunday Bailey will have more tests for CDRM the equivilant to MS in dogs.

Only just caught up with this news TCE. Really gutted about Bailey - sending all best wishes and hopes for a positive outcome.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2012
    Heres our Rufus. Not sure what he is, cattle dog x collie with maybe some Dingo as he doesnt have dew claws. He's a working dog but loads of fun when not at work. He can learn any trick first time and has become a bit of a celeb in the town. Wasnt sure if I'd tolerate a dog but can honestly say 6 months on I couldnt be without him. He's the black beast in the video, playing with his friend Maggie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fe-Yj_s9aV4&feature=youtu.be
  • mrbligh said:

This is Neville. My 3yr old rottie that thinks he is a poodle, the biggest lap dog I've ever met! We're all gonna say it but he is the best!

No problem with having the best dog in the world, I have two of them. ;)

• edited December 2012

• Davo55 said:

T.C.E said:

The results on Bailey's Addisson's Disease test have come back negative, which in theory should be a good thing. Unfortunately we are being told that with that result that the opposite is the truth and on sunday Bailey will have more tests for CDRM the equivilant to MS in dogs.

Only just caught up with this news TCE. Really gutted about Bailey - sending all best wishes and hopes for a positive outcome.
    Thanks Davo, still waiting on the results from the states on the CDRM tests. We are currantly in the process of changing vets, pretty pi55ed off at our currant ones. Whose only response to any questions I asked at the moment is to shrug their shoulders. So despite spending a small bloody fortune we are no nearer finding out whats wrong with Bailey. Here's a picture taken today with all his shaved forelegs and part of his back he resembles a French Poodle. ;)

Heres our Rufus. Not sure what he is, cattle dog x collie with maybe some Dingo as he doesnt have dew claws. He's a working dog but loads of fun when not at work. He can learn any trick first time and has become a bit of a celeb in the town. Wasnt sure if I'd tolerate a dog but can honestly say 6 months on I couldnt be without him. He's the black beast in the video, playing with his friend Maggie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fe-Yj_s9aV4&feature=youtu.be

That looks like fun.

• Very sad to say that Stella passed away yesterday 10 1/2 years old which is good going for a Newfoundland . Am gonna miss her so much

• How did it happen ? Very sad news.
  • She was fine Tuesday evening . Just got gradually worse from late tuesday night and they think she had a stroke yesterday , nothing they could do . In one way it's better she went like that as she did n't suffer but it all happened so quickly it's all come as a bit of a shock
  • "Run to the Bridge" Stella.
    Thinking of you all.
  • Sorry to read that @Shag, sympathy to you and your family pal!