Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Labradors, German Shepherds & Dogs.....

Comments

• Now that is mgmt mate , Micky just loves going out
  • Dont have a dog myself, but love reading this thread. Some great pictures.
  • Humphrey standing like a person.

Darcy waiting for some diner.

• This is Tetley, me pals little yellow lab puphe picked up today.

• Great photos Rob, can I have the little Lab?
  • We taught Xena to smile while flying ;)image
  • Great pictures there chaps

This is Jack

Lovely boy Jack, how old is he?

• Sponsored links:

• 8 in June

8 !!
    He looks great for eight....

• New dog .... same breed as we've had before but gone for a boy this time and they get nearly as big as 1905 ....

• hahah! Look at him.
    How old is he?
  • He's 8 weeks old , picked him last week . Need to get him to puppy training quickly !
  • He's quality @Shag, you gonna call him Rowlf like the one off the muppets?
  • Cheers mate , hahaha no . He's called Nelson
  • Good name ; )
  • Lovely boy.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2013
  • little lady Lola will be coming home on Friday we have just got back in from the breeders and we had the choice of 3

the good lady wife had the casting vote and we have now picked the pup , she had a little bit of hair removed so that we know its her when we get her Friday and I must say she is gorgeous

I will post pics on Friday but lady Lola the standard Schnauzer is ours and I am well happy

ring craft places booked and we will be going there around the 13 weeks mark and if all goes well her first show will be October and who knows if she does well in that one and the next 2 she may even get to crufts as she would get the 3 certs needed

getting ahead of myself no doubt but she is a fine looking Schnauzer and both mum and dad are champions so who knows
  • Great stuff D, I bet the whole family is buzzing?
    We have provisionally reserved a Long coated Shep from a long awaited mating of Bailey's cousin to a stunning L/C Champion.
    With Bailey still recovering from this long term injury, he's entered into a local show tomorrow to see if we can ease back in gently he's very much improved but they think the misdiagnosis set him back months. We rest him two days a week, he's turned into the Owen Hargreaves of the Shep world. Here he is being shown at Mrs Redmidland's show in Nottingham earlier this month. image
  • This is our pup Scapa. The 1st photo is the day we got him 5 weeks ago, and the 2nd is last week.
    I work in a pub and the mangers bought him to be our pub dog. He splits his time between the pub (during opening hours) and the homes of me and the 2 managers at night.
    He is a typical terrier; energetic, stubborn and slightly bonkers! But he is a great little pup and his training is coming along nicely now.
    If he gets out of hand I know who to call to sort him out! ;)
  • "Scapa" how did that name come about?
    He's a cracking looking pupster. Do you train him yourself or go to a class?
  • Here's our little rescue from last year Xena, mad as a box of frogs. Complete opposite to Bailey, she thinks everyone needs defending and will let you know if you come to close. She, if the truth be known hasn't got a decent bite in her body and is lovely dog and just wants a cuddle. Wouldnt change her for the world.........image
  • @TCE and others

Have you ever owned or trained a Tibetan Terrier? We are thinking of getting a second dog, to go with Evie our 7 year old Coton de Tulear (pics earlier in this thread) and really like the look of the Tibetan Terrier. Just checking out if they have any general health disorders, mix well with other breeds, are quick on the uptake etc. If anyone knows about them I would appreciate the advice.

Cheers - enjoy the sun today!
  • Lol NLA, I can just imagine you trotting around the crufts arena.
  • Wont be me mate the wife really enjoyed the whole thing mate

And joe has shown an interest in doing it so it seems a good bond for the two of them

Hardest bit is to rememberbto replace sit with stand

But the pup is already schooled in standing on the show table to have shoulders teeth and tail checked

The form on these dogs steve wicked mate i cant believe i had seen so few of them

They make great pets from everything i have read

• Never had any other breed except Sheps, but getting a pup of any breed is a clean slate to work with. The downside I believe of it being the second dog is if the first dog is allowed to run riot the puppy will follow suit, if the first dog is trained to a standard acceptable to you the puppy will learn very quick his/her habits. Xena learned very quickly from Bailey and was walking to heel of the lead in a week, bearing in mind she is a rescue I was very surprised at that, all I had to do was control Bailey and being inseparable from him she followed suit. One or two people have said to me in the past, I can't let him/her off the lead they just run for the hills. That's is because to a dog we are boring, let your dog of the lead and stand with your hands in your pockets, I'll give the dog 30 seconds before it sods off to find a tree to sniff, let it go and jump around like a loony and scream like a banshee it won't leave your side, because like your neighbours it will be thinking WTF. But it works....... ;)
    We will be in West Malling at midday for small show at a local fair, if one is going see you there.......