Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Labradors, German Shepherds & Dogs.....

Comments

• I have heard the clock trick before where did you put it

She cried for ages last night one step forward 2 backwards
  • edited June 2013
    Knocked up a kennel from old timbers, put a sack over the doorway and that was her domain, no kids allowed.

I put the clock inside the kennel with her at night, and then slowly weaned her off it. You can use a cheap one as long as it has a nice big loud tick.

• I have heard the clock trick before where did you put it

She cried for ages last night one step forward 2 backwards

Knocked up a kennel from old timbers, put a sack over the doorway and that was her domain, no kids allowed.

I put the clock inside the kennel with her at night, and then slowly weaned her off it. You can use a cheap one as long as it has a nice big loud tick.

*I'm not missing this one* ;)............................
    FOR SALE
    Dog kennels.
    16x6x6 double kennels with a 12x6 run on the front. Less than a year old, ideal for Lola and a few mates. Complete with radio (just add electricity) Reason for selling, moving house....
    Buyer dismantles although my wife will help. Cost £700 in total...... take £250 for the "Upbeats"
    Interested D. ;)image
  • Mate would love it but what with the 12 ft trampoleen (spelling ) the shed for my scooter and push bikes plus the other shed i have no room for it
  • I will buy a tick tock tonight
  • Well well well that bloody worked cried for no more than 20 mins then slept through till i got up at half 5

Thanks for thr advice
  • Great stuff, onwards and upwards NLA, she'll gain confidence.
  • I'm getting a black lab puppy in ten days' time. He'll be 7 weeks old and is called Conrad. I have him for just over a year before he (hopefully) goes to dog school to become a Guide Dog. Can't wait!
  • GNelson said:

I'm getting a black lab puppy in ten days' time. He'll be 7 weeks old and is called Conrad. I have him for just over a year before he (hopefully) goes to dog school to become a Guide Dog. Can't wait!

Nice one! We sponsor Guide Dogs, and our current dog is a black lab called Arthur! Only had two successes in 12 years with Guide Dogs, but hey ho. One was a GSD and the other a Lab.
    A high drop out rate, but a worthwhile cause when it all comes together.

Good luck.
  • GNelson said:

I'm getting a black lab puppy in ten days' time. He'll be 7 weeks old and is called Conrad. I have him for just over a year before he (hopefully) goes to dog school to become a Guide Dog. Can't wait!

Nice one! We sponsor Guide Dogs, and our current dog is a black lab called Arthur! Only had two successes in 12 years with Guide Dogs, but hey ho. One was a GSD and the other a Lab.

Good luck.
    There is an elderly couple who get up Oxleas woods who do the same thing, we often use Bailey to get the pup used to being around the bigger dogs. Its great when we hear updates that one of them has made it through.
  • Sponsored links:

• Yep, fingers crossed my one makes it! I think it's about 60% of dogs that make it but that could be wrong. I think a lot of the ones who don't make it go on to be other working dogs (e.g. working with other disabled people) or are used by Guide Dogs for breeding etc. I'm sure I'll be in Oxleas woods most Sundays when he's old enough!
  • Don't worry about the old enough bit, carry him.
    Like Sheps everyone loves a Lab puppy, I used to take Bailey down to the supermarket and wait outside for the Missus. It helps get them used to all the noise, people trollies, cars etc. So when you do take them
  • We've got a new addition, found him next to the road, think he's about 4 weeks old so gotta feed him every 5 hours, but he's gonna be our resident mouser. (Before anyone starts, I know he ain't a dog)

• Did you check that he had indeed lost all sense of smell before you put him in that?

One for the french RSPCA methinks!
  • Davo55 said:

Did you check that he had indeed lost all sense of smell before you put him in that?

One for the french RSPCA methinks!

Pmsl Me trainers are fresh...
  • .....and he got in of his own accord
  • and he's a left footer:-)
  • T.C.E said:

GNelson said:

Good luck.
    There is an elderly couple who get up Oxleas woods who do the same thing, we often use Bailey to get the pup used to being around the bigger dogs. Its great when we hear updates that one of them has made it through.
    A good news update to this! We heard today that Arthur has made it as a fully fledged guide dog, and now has a new owner/partner in Kent.

Our next sponsored puppy is Fergie, a cross Lab/Golden Retriever. Fingers crossed for her.

• Fantastic stuff M@M...........
    Fergie !! surely something has to be done about that name? ;)
    But good luck with her, I'm hoping to get a new puppy in Sept/Oct time and although I cant take officially as a PAT dog. I will certainly visit the training ground unofficially to let the "Upbeats" see a baby German Shepherd as soon as we can.
  • T.C.E said:

Fantastic stuff M@M...........
    But good luck with her, I'm hoping to get a new puppy in Sept/Oct time and although I cant take officially as a PAT dog. I will certainly visit the training ground unofficially to let the "Upbeats" see a baby German Shepherd as soon as we can.

Edited to ask............ How do you get involved in something like that?
    Maybe its something I could do.......

• Sponsored links:

• T.C.E said:

T.C.E said:

At the moment we only sponsor them financially from a distance, TCE. Will get more involved in retirement in a few years time, with a bit of hands on. Hopefully having them for the first year and getting them used to the big wide world, that sort of stuff.

The Guide Dogs give us regularly updates and how the pups are faring. It's always a heart stopping moment when a letter arrives on the mat, in case it's bad news.

• Ray
    Lola all ready to go out with Bailey took her out today for her first walk and she seemed to love the interaction with other dogs

Was wondering if you can do next sunday
  • No worry's D, we'll sort times out later in the week if that's ok?

T.C.E said:

T.C.E said:

At the moment we only sponsor them financially from a distance, TCE. Will get more involved in retirement in a few years time, with a bit of hands on. Hopefully having them for the first year and getting them used to the big wide world, that sort of stuff.

The Guide Dogs give us regularly updates and how the pups are faring. It's always a heart stopping moment when a letter arrives on the mat, in case it's bad news.

*Doffs cap*
  • Cool with me Ray

She met a GSD on sunday called baby this big bald headed bloke with tats all over his head and this soft as poo GSD called baby was really funny watching Lola try to be boss and quickly put in line by Baby and then play happily there after
  • He's here! Apparently he's prospective breeding stock (so he might go on to become a father of lots of Guide Dogs rather than a Guide Dog himself). We won't find out until at least December though.
  • Cool with me Ray

She met a GSD on sunday called baby this big bald headed bloke with tats all over his head and this soft as poo GSD called baby was really funny watching Lola try to be boss and quickly put in line by Baby and then play happily there after

Girls will always try and boss the boys, Bailey lets Xena go so far and then does she get put back in her place!
    She went for Bailey big style last week, jumped on his back and trying to bite the back of his neck. I stood within a reasonable distance and waited, making sure it didn't get out of hand. Then Bailey decided she'd crossed the line and threw off and bit her on the ar5e and she came running back to me and tried to hide behind my legs. Its the old story, he lets her think she's in charge. ;)
    GNelson said:

He's here! Apparently he's prospective breeding stock (so he might go on to become a father of lots of Guide Dogs rather than a Guide Dog himself). We won't find out until at least December though.

Lovely boy GN, got a stunning head on him. :)

• that's my beautiful boy.
  • GNelson said:

He's here! Apparently he's prospective breeding stock (so he might go on to become a father of lots of Guide Dogs rather than a Guide Dog himself). We won't find out until at least December though.

see you have the same trouble as me, your image flips to the side, have you found a reason, be grateful to know if you have?

• Try opening it elsewhere first and spinning it round.
    Happy boy, great to see them having fun.
  • Yeah, not sure why it happened. I'll try TCE's advice next time. When you click on it, it turns the right way up again.