Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Labradors, German Shepherds & Dogs.....

Comments

• thanks t c e, I'll give that a try.
  • GNelson said:

He's here! Apparently he's prospective breeding stock (so he might go on to become a father of lots of Guide Dogs rather than a Guide Dog himself). We won't find out until at least December though.

What a beautiful boy !!!

• Little Lola

Growing quick and sleeping before meeting bailey and hopefully Micky on Sun

• Little Lola

Growing quick and sleeping before meeting bailey and hopefully Micky on Sun

Aw, bless !

• edited June 2013
  • Looking foward to meeting little Lola........
    Bailey with his 8 year old handler at the Shrewsbury park Dog show.image
  • Just love bailey mate his face is just so chilled

Lola went to obidence class today and ring craft and she is so relaxed and calm its great to see

There were a fair few dogs there not so confident and a bit bolshy but she shrugged it
    Off

The ring craft went well so the trainer said for her first session

Was in stitches watching the mrs do the ring
    Walk and lola do it for 5 or 6 paces then just decide to lay down or turn rd and want to go back

• Our little rescue Xena, coming on bundles.
  • Great to see you and the family earlier, Here's some of the pictures I took of little Lola and Bailey.imageimageimage
  • She loved it mate she is flat out a kip

Scarlett talks about bailey non stop and has told my nephew all about him

Look forward to them knocking about when you move down the coast be a good excuse for a beer at the seaside
  • Sponsored links:

• Picked this little girl up yesterday.
  • She loved it mate she is flat out a kip

Scarlett talks about bailey non stop and has told my nephew all about him

Look forward to them knocking about when you move down the coast be a good excuse for a beer at the seaside

I would to see/have that photo when the children sat with him and of course all the other photo's with my big scarey dog ;)

• smiffyboy said:

Picked this little girl up yesterday.

Lovely girl SB.

• T.C.E said:

smiffyboy said:

Picked this little girl up yesterday.

Lovely girl SB.

Thank you,
  • edited June 2013
    Coming up now mate just putting them on the pc and then will load them on here
  • Here you go D, when training a "German Shepherd Goes Wrong"
  • Holy shit mate that mustve hurt no end no wonder she leaves the training to the real guvnor now 8)

Lynne please dont kill me see smiley face attached

Poxy virgin media gone down rd here mate only have phone internet once back up i will post you pics from pc
  • Lol, no worrys.
  • edited June 2013
    Why has the dog started barking through the night? He never did it before for months. Just in the last month... last night was ridiculous. I know it cant just be the noises of the foxes. He just yelps constantly until someone goes down. He looked knackered himself. I ended up bringing him upstairs at 5am... I know its a no no but i needed sleep and Ian was away. I think his nerves have gone!

Tho maybe im not so sure about that one as I watched him chase a pitbull yesterday, the pitbull ran from him. Even the owner looked embarrassed.
  • that's my beautiful boy.

Is he a full Tri-Colour Border Collie?
  • Sponsored links:

• Curb_It said:

Why has the dog started barking through the night? He never did it before for months. Just in the last month... last night was ridiculous. I know it cant just be the noises of the foxes. He just yelps constantly until someone goes down. He looked knackered himself. I ended up bringing him upstairs at 5am... I know its a no no but i needed sleep and Ian was away. I think his nerves have gone!

Tho maybe im not so sure about that one as I watched him chase a pitbull yesterday, the pitbull ran from him. Even the owner looked embarrassed.

Try playing the radio quietly near him or as someone said elsewhere a ticking clock apparently works, sounds as though he's bonding with you and is suffering a little separation anxiety. Put an old tee shirt of yours in with him, we did that with Xena to help her. Lynne put a 40 quid training top from the clubshop in there !!!

• We're doing a radio day today with Alan Parton & EJ. For those who don't know the story, check out Endals wiki page. Quite a moving tale.
    Being made in to a movie with Colin Firth & Kate Winslet.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endal
  • T.C.E said:

Curb_It said:

Try playing the radio quietly near him or as someone said elsewhere a ticking clock apparently works, sounds as though he's bonding with you and is suffering a little separation anxiety. Put an old tee shirt of yours in with him, we did that with Xena to help her. Lynne put a 40 quid training top from the clubshop in there !!!

Yes, stick with it Curb_It, these are the seeds being sown now which you will reap later. It's all worth it in the long term, as difficult as it may seem now.
  • How does the ticking clock thing work?
  • Curb_It said:

How does the ticking clock thing work?

WUM
  • Curb_It said:

How does the ticking clock thing work?

Get one which has a loud tick and just settle the dog down at night with it. I'm not saying it works for all dogs, but it worked for mine. A cheapo clock from the pound shop should do it, so long as it's loud. It gives a bit of comfort to the dog. Also as TCE said a radio often works too.

PS and obviously, don't set the alarm :-)
  • Dunno B but Lola cries for about 5 mins max since we done it and some nights not at all wotrked a treat

I know youe pain 8)
  • Okay thanks. Im going to try the t-shirt one tonight tonight first then will head to the pound shop at the weekend.

Mickey before his hair cut the other week.

• edited June 2013
  • edited June 2013

My dogs like nothing more than to hear a digital clock Radio ticking in the background ;)
    In answer to Curb_it, I've never tried it, but NLA say's it works, so its got to be worth it.
    Or you could take Xena for the night, she'll babysit Micky while you get some kip. ;)