Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Labradors, German Shepherds & Dogs.....

Comments

• Yes indeed, just seen that B..............
    Thanks Dave.
  • TCE
    I always love to hear news about Bailey and Xena (but mainly about Bailey who seems a giant of a character.) My best wishes for his future.
  • TCE
    I always love to hear news about Bailey and Xena (but mainly about Bailey who seems a giant of a character.) My best wishes for his future.

Thanks for those kind words, he has a smashing character and where ever he goes he makes friends. A giant he certainly is although a shade overweight he weighs in at 50 kg with a barrel of a chest and huge head. He even had the kennel maids at the RVC arguing who was to exercise him last night. He was always breed for temperament but he has excelled, from a personal point of view I'd love to meet his siblings to see how they compare. Bailey met a brother at a show at about 14 months old and they didnt like each other one bit. With the positive results today, Bailey will definitely be at Sparrows Lane in September (date to be confirmed) with the Upbeats, come along and say hello.
  • My gorgeous little Tibetan terrier. A year old today. She's not really balancing plant pots on her head. Just my photographic "skills".
  • My gorgeous little Tibetan terrier. A year old today. She's not really balancing plant pots on her head. Just my photographic "skills".

Lovely girl.............

• great news t c e, very happy for you.
  • Great news mate, deffo worth a beer on saturday, on me, (well on valley gold actually!!)
  • Great news mate, deffo worth a beer on saturday, on me, (well on valley gold actually!!)

How could I refuse, that would be so rude. Where we going though? ;)

• Great news about bailey. Really pleased. .
  • Brilliant news ray get in there

Bailey is back bailey is back eh oh eh oh
  • Sponsored links:

• Thanks folks, my head is banging this morning. But this a very happy house today, Bailey spent most of his time kipping, they suggested in 24/28 hours we should see a change in him and 1/2 weeks back up to normal levels of energy. If it ever stops raining I'll take him down to the green and see what he wants to do.
  • edited August 2013

Great news mate, deffo worth a beer on saturday, on me, (well on valley gold actually!!)

Check his pockets for anything warm :-)

Great news, Ray.

g
  • I'm delighted that you're finally able to sort Bailey out.

As I've said before I have something of a love hate relationship with dogs but Bailey is a lovely looking animal and should be entering his prime and now he will which is great.
  • My dog has gone the other way now we've sort the weeing in the night I take her out at 11:30 and about 6:30-7 and it's worked she goes all through with out going, but now is constantly weeing by the front door, I took her out an hour ago and she did both toilets and I've now just found wee by the front door witch has happened a few times lately now. She manages 7 hours through the night but can't hold it through the day I take her out every few hours so I'm not asking her to hold it for long
  • Remind me again Smiffy, how old is she?
    During the night she has no access to water, if she is doing that by the door she is as good as asking to go out but the door is closed. If it is not possible to leave the door open, unfortunately you have remember young puppies are eating, cr@pping and pi55ing machines. Their brain says they want to have one they need to go and now. Its up to us to notice the signs, they normally circle around sniffing the floor, Immediately after food take them out and gave them the command (whatever that maybe) if it obviously incontinence I would suggest a trip to the vet.
  • LenGlover said:

I'm delighted that you're finally able to sort Bailey out.

As I've said before I have something of a love hate relationship with dogs but Bailey is a lovely looking animal and should be entering his prime and now he will which is great.

Thanks Len, as you say at almost three and a half Bailey is at his prime now and if we can get him back full fitness, Mrs Redmidland has already agreed to handle him at his first show, but that is a way off yet. This morning already showing signs of improvement with no scuffing of the feet, tripping or stumbling up the kerbs and long may it continue. Thanks again everyone.

• "This morning already showing signs of improvement with no scuffing of the feet, tripping or stumbling up the kerbs and long may it continue"
    Enough about you, how's Bailey doing !!
  • TCE, she's just over5 months my partner has suggest the vet In case she has a water infection or something but its unreal she's just gone nearly 3 hours without a wee I've took her out she went came back in and 10 minutes later she wees
  • @ Smiffyboy, how's she doing?........
  • Sponsored links:

• With a week almost gone since Bailey's diagnosis of Hypothyroidism, he is absolutely flying, the medication of soloxine is working wonders and he's almost back to his old self. He's a good month away from being fit enough to get anywhere near his old levels but he will. We are pleased now that the "decision" that I discussed with the good lady was never made. Also he's proof that the Veterinary profession are not always right, if your unsure get a 2nd/3rd/4th or in his case a 7th opinion.
    We will be try to organise a visit to the Upbeats at Sparrows Lane as soon as we have confirmation of their return and when a suitable date can be arrangedimage
  • Brilliant news, TCE.

• T.C.E said:

With a week almost gone since Bailey's diagnosis of Hypothyroidism, he is absolutely flying, the medication of soloxine is working wonders and he's almost back to his old self. He's a good month away from being fit enough to get anywhere near his old levels but he will. We are pleased now that the "decision" that I discussed with the good lady was never made. Also he's proof that the Veterinary profession are not always right, if your unsure get a 2nd/3rd/4th or in his case a 7th opinion.
    We will be try to organise a visit to the Upbeats at Sparrows Lane as soon as we have confirmation of their return and when a suitable date can be arrangedimage

Great news about Bailey TCE. So pleased for you
  • edited August 2013
    Smiffy my Lola does it every so often when I have bought her back from a walk but its when she has played chase ball and then I give her a drink when we get back to the car, our dogs are the same age and I now bring one of those portable drink bottles that double up as a bowl, and stop playing chase about 10 mins before I get to the car, and she drinks then and has another wee before we get to the car and she aint done it for a week
  • Two weeks in to Baileys treatment and he's like a puppy again even in this heat he's buzzing. I took this earlier.......image
  • Great stuff T.C.E and Bailey! I'll bring Milford down for a little play once he's fully up to speed... Really pleased you've got to the bottom of things mate.
  • so glad mate well done for not giving up
  • Rylo said:

Great stuff T.C.E and Bailey! I'll bring Milford down for a little play once he's fully up to speed... Really pleased you've got to the bottom of things mate.

Thanks Ry, how's the little fella getting on?
    I was walking the two of them earlier and a JR off the lead ran up to Bailey and tried to bite him. I had grab the JR and Xena lunged at it, but connected with my leg. Bailey just watched on but Xena won't stand for bad manners.
  • so glad mate well done for not giving up

So nearly made a horribly wrong decision, but it all turned out so well.

• T.C.E said:

Rylo said:

Great stuff T.C.E and Bailey! I'll bring Milford down for a little play once he's fully up to speed... Really pleased you've got to the bottom of things mate.

Thanks Ry, how's the little fella getting on?
    I was walking the two of them earlier and a JR off the lead ran up to Bailey and tried to bite him. I had grab the JR and Xena lunged at it, but connected with my leg. Bailey just watched on but Xena won't stand for bad manners.
    Yeah he's doing really well thanks, starts his puppy training at Progress next week so that'll be good fun...

Hope your leg isn't too badly injured - sure Xena realised pretty quickly that it wasn't the JR!