Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Labradors, German Shepherds & Dogs.....

Comments

• I've only got my phone at the moment, no Internet at home.
  • its ok mate I am sure it is just play fighting its a bit non stop right now though like Lola has never had the opportunity to do it to this length and for this amount of time so it seems a bit relentless
  • todays the day, whos coming then and whats the doggies names
  • Me and this fella.image
  • I'm up for the dogging. Will just see you up there bout 3.30 as you can carry on without us we'll just join you.
  • cool leaving home in a min with Lola
  • edited September 2013
    just got back what a great walk and 3 really well behaved dogs , cheers Ray and B will have to make it a regular occurrence and the pack should grow, a GSD a Yorkie and a schnauzer was a cracking site and mickey (lock Stock) Smith in his jacket is still the little cracker I remember
  • Mickys still in the pub Bailey couldn't keep up (feckin lightweight)
    ;)
  • I am just out of church *(
  • better not bring Becks, as Mickey would be starter and Lola main course.
  • Sponsored links:

• you need to bring her would be pucka to see her mate
  • he won't like being called her mate
  • always thought yours was a she

he aint that bad to all dogs Steve is she ? he seems so lovely
  • Steve,
    Xena is exactly the same with the exception of when she is with Bailey.
    She wasn't socialized with dogs so doesn't know how to behave in their company, when out walking every dog is considered to be a threat to the wife or myself so therefore she will if allowed attack it. How its cured is , when walking be alert (not on the phone etc) when a dog approaches is calmly talking to him, reassuring him. Maybe even getting him to sit and stroke him as the dog passes by. Unfortunately crossing over road with lead wrapped around your knuckles will have the adverse effect. Any dog walker worth their salt will recognize your effects and will if your in control continue walking past you. In control ;ie the lead across your body and not the dog walking the same side a the hand your holding the lead. That gives a dog the length of the lead plus an arms length to reach its target, across the body and using the opposite hand only in emergencies restricts the dogs movement to virtually nothing. As I said previously I'm not a fan of harnesses, its the equivalent taking the steering wheel from the car. Try him on a collar and lead.
  • ha, Mickey Lock Stock Smith, mocking Mickey's raincoat but he loves it. Ok maybe I wont put the hood up on him again.. Ian wouldnt let me put it back on him to walk home.
  • Mickey lock stock is a dog of Legends B

Steve Does Becks not get on with any dogs ?? would be great to have more on these walks and to make them regular, I may train it over to the next one and then join the Fun after and get the wife to pick me up
  • Whens the next walk
  • he's getting better been taking him over 5 arches with my counsins dog, he is scared in all honesty but takes the piss with smaller dogs and especially younger dogs going for them but not latching on.With big dogs you can tell he is scared.I may bring him along, but my Sundays are governed by Joe's football kick offs.
  • its got to be worth a go mate ,

not sure Rob we can all catch up on sat and work something out, it was a good walk tbh long enough B said about 2.5 miles ish and a nice couple of pints after
  • This is absolutely outrageous. This surely cannot be legal: -

MoD defends decision to put down 'William' guard dogs

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-24139769
  • Sponsored links:

• Jayajosh said:

This is absolutely outrageous. This surely cannot be legal: -

MoD defends decision to put down 'William' guard dogs

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-24139769

Shocking yes, but it goes on.
    From what I know about protection dogs (which itsn't a lot) in the forces differs from the police in that they don't have just one handler. The dogs stay on the tour and is joined by a new handler when one particular soldier returns home, so wouldn't unless requested retire with its handler as most (not all) of the OB dogs do. But I find it hard to believe there isn't a decent security company that wouldn't have had them had they been contacted. I'm guessing they maybe didn't try to hard, but they also would have been almost certainly unable to go and be rehomed as pets withouts a year or so rehabilition. But I also know one or two rescue people that wouldn't have given up trying to domesticate them.
    So there are other options, but the potential fallout if they had got it wrong would have been to horrible to think about.
    Imagine those dogs getting into the hands of an idiot :(
  • Can we have a regular meet at the Bull prior to a walk with our dogs?
  • No after the walk!

Anyway just on the train love won't be long! :-)
  • Bailey's fitness depends on these Sunday afternoon walks Tavern I can't let him down ;)
  • Top picture......... 4 weeks after diagnosis
    Bottom picture 5 weeks before diagnosis
  • Bailey looks fantastic mate, really happy for you!
  • Ray WOW what a difference, I loved seeing the big lad last week hows about rd 2 of the walkers soon ???
  • Yes, just say when.
  • I am decorating mums this weekend so how about next weekend
  • I can't see a problem as we speak.