Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Labradors, German Shepherds & Dogs.....

Comments

• brilliant Ray made up for you that is a great acknowledgement of the work your doing, when lovejoy and baldy invite you on the sunday breakie thing punh lovejoy from me or let bailey eat him
  • Just sent our deposit and ordered our training crate for our new addition which should be born on the 17th of this month. I say should, Mum has been scanned and is carrying 13 puppies and with second pick of littler I've got to bloody unlucky if she doesn't produce at least two boys!
    I hopefully I would like to work this boy alongside Bailey and to qualify him as a Therapy Dog for the Upbeats, I want the Upbeats to watch him grow up and subject to relevant permissions from Terry would like them to meet him from 8 to 10 weeks old, officially he isn't allowed to visit until he is qualified and at least 9 months which to me is crazy any dog owner will tell you puppies learn more in the first 4/6 months of their lives and I would have organise my own liability insurance. In an ideal world we would like the Upbeats to name him (KC name after the Affix) I'm speaking to the breeder at the moment on the very subject so we will see, the puppies pet name also most certainly will be Solly although with puppies g/Grandfather being Baileys Grandfather he might be slightly taller than the man himself. ;)
  • For those that don't remember this is Bailey at 10 weeks.image
  • Bloody hell, how cute was he?! Adorable. Good luck with the new one mate, sounds great.
  • Young "Solly" came into the world yesterday, considering there are 11 puppies they are a fair size. Mum and babies all doing well ;)image
  • Cracking ray

Can you believe it we get lola through to crufts and then yesterday the consultant at the hospital yesterday says we can't have the c section for the new edition on the 28th and gave us the 5th march yep just a couple of days before crufts and making it impossible if rags gets to that date to take lola

Oh well always next year lol
  • Right, I need some help here. Solly is the Breeders "Q" litter. So I I'm looking for a Charlton associated name start with the letter "Q"
    Quaser has already been disregarded. ;)
  • edited February 2014
    Six years after our beautiful Boxer died we finally felt able to get another dog - Wanted something a bit less energetic. I opted for a Border or Lakeland terrier. My wife had other ideas...........

We pick up our Pug in three weeks. Did get to name him however - Gnasher -(after the worlds only ever Abyssinian Wire Haired Tripe Hound).
  • Nelson aint going to enjoy the next 10 days ....
  • Sponsored links:

• The collar of shame poor nelse
  • There goes all the door frames and the best furniture chipped to feck, whats up with him Shag? If its not to serious and you just want to stop him getting at a wound. Put him in and old teeshirt its a lot more comfortable and saves on the damage. ;)
  • Solly was born on friday, here he/they are just a few hours old.imageimage
  • T.C.E said:

There goes all the door frames and the best furniture chipped to feck, whats up with him Shag? If its not to serious and you just want to stop him getting at a wound. Put him in and old teeshirt its a lot more comfortable and saves on the damage. ;)

He's had some stitches put in just under his ear so not sure that'll work , but thanks mate . He is bumping into everything at the moment ,,,
  • Shag said:

T.C.E said:

There goes all the door frames and the best furniture chipped to feck, whats up with him Shag? If its not to serious and you just want to stop him getting at a wound. Put him in and old teeshirt its a lot more comfortable and saves on the damage. ;)

He's had some stitches put in just under his ear so not sure that'll work , but thanks mate . He is bumping into everything at the moment ,,,
    So it's to stop him scratching the stitches with his paws?
    Tape an old pair of socks on his back paws that'll do the job, then you can take the collar off. Good money earner those collars for vets, only ever bought one off the robbing gits. Then I started to pick up little tips like this.

• Ah ok cheers mate , will try that cos he hates it . £780 bill yesterday ...
  • Shag said:

Ah ok cheers mate , will try that cos he hates it . £780 bill yesterday ...

Ouch, insured?
    Most of the stuff vets try to sell you is available on the internet, I use "Animeds" some things like drugs you may need a prescription and like opticians for us they don't like doing it and your vet will charge you for repeat ones, but for example Baileys tablets from the vets are 55p each he has 4 a day for the rest of his life, I get them for 10p each from basically the same place the vet would buy them with huge mark up.
    No problem with anyone making a profit, but I'm not paying for their next holiday. Loads of things vets won't tell you about, flea powders/collars use a clove of garlic in their food once a week twice in hotter months. Johnson baby shampoo instead of expensive animal shampoo, gloucosime and chronditin is the same as what humans use for sore joints, theirs taste of chicken and are 4 times the price.
  • Yeah mate , insured thankfully . The last 2 dogs cost a tidy sum in vets bills so will always go for insurance . I think I'll just come to you in future ! Cheers Ray
  • Solly @ a week old, he's the little black one. ;)imageimage
  • Sponsored links:

• Absolutely beautiful pups, T.C.E !

Which colour braid does Solly have ?
  • <
    T.C.E said:

Right, I need some help here. Solly is the Breeders "Q" litter. So I I'm looking for a Charlton associated name start with the letter "Q"

Quality!
  • Absolutely beautiful pups, T.C.E !

Which colour braid does Solly have ?

I haven't chosen him yet FF, the breeder has first choice and she will be looking for show quality, where as I will be looking for something a little different and have second choice. Although I have only seen pictures so far I have my eye on the white collar, also we already have a possible name change to Jackson or JJ. Cant think why?! ;)
  • <

T.C.E said:

Right, I need some help here. Solly is the Breeders "Q" litter. So I I'm looking for a Charlton associated name start with the letter "Q"

Quality!
    Lol, Q was proving to difficult for me, with Quartz my only contribution I've left the naming rights with the breeder.
  • The thought of popping up to Earls court on the tube with Bailey is making me Lol, I suppose at least we'd get a seat. ;)

• Complete with name change, here are the puppies at 2 weeks oldimageimage
  • We have been invited to an assessment on the 16th in Ashford to see if Bailey and I can get into the security business . Although Bailey has done bite work before and it's something I practice quite regularly it's not part of Baileys nature to be loud and aggressive as anyone whose met him knows. So we may go down the "search and find" route with the "drugs" or "money" so Bailey could be visiting an airport or a nightclub near you! I'm looking forward to the new challenge with him and once again we'll see where this path leads us too, hopefully a complete career change for me. :)image
  • What a handsome fella he is - nice photo @TCE. Good luck with the new venture.
  • edited March 2014
    Weight issues in dogs can be caused by numerous things, diet/illness/stress etc. Firstly get your dog checked at a vet to rule out any illness, worms etc. Any anxieties will not only cause not weight gain but cause your dog to lose weight, should your dog be wary of people other dogs, cars, children or whatever avoiding the issue will not solve the problem merely endorse it. If your dog drags you down the street you being dragged along behind it is not only uncomfortable but the fact you are doing it the dog thinks that's normal. If your dog hates other dogs, walking him at two in the morning won't solve the problem in fact your more likely to meet another head case of a dog doing the same thing that will try and rip lumps out of you. "Food" personally I can't think of any tinned food I would give to my dogs. Chum is far to rich for a lot of dogs and would go through them like a dose of salts, Chappie is a good supplement for a dog that's been poorly, butchers tinned tripe for weight gain in addition to a complete diet or raw if you prefer. I feed my dogs a combined complete/raw diet Burns Fish and Rice subsidised with raw chicken wings/necks or chicken carcass every other day. Burns is very expensive like all foods if you shop at PAH probably £53 a 15kg bag, bought wholesale less than 40. I hope some of this helps...........
  • I took this about 15 minutes ago, beautiful day.