Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Labradors, German Shepherds & Dogs.....

Comments

• Can only show Bailey at companion/fun shows (not entire) but was over in Chelmsford having a cuddle with little JJ. Huge baby, looks bigger because he's a fluff but he got a fantastic head on him. He's coming home in three weeks.......:)
  • Still got to shift a bit of weight off Lola ray and I am struggling to work out what's the best way

Her exercise is up her food down from puppy to light she is on the smallest recommended amount but she is just holding it on her

She is so hungry with the amounts I am giving her and I don't want to reduce it much more

I am thinking of taking another 25% away across the two meals

Could there be a reason that she is storing do you think

She still seems to be showing the traits of her phantom pregnancy I think the two are combined

She has the gb schnauzer show next sat and I am thinking of giving her a break from showing after that so we can look into it a bit more if this 25% bit don't work

She is having 118 grammes of royal cannin light per meal twice a day

In accordance to her weight and exercise { I have put her on the lowest amount yet her exercise is at the middle to top end}

Any ideas
  • edited March 2014
    118kg !!
    That's a snack to Bailey ;) , reduce her food (RC) by the amount required but add raw carrot. Carrot is filling but won't increase her weight, Baileys grub is subsidised by two with each meal and one or two snacks in between meals! Depending on him asking for them, if he doesn't ask then we won't give him any. Don't give any snacks at regular time as they think that it's an additional feeding time and will pester you at the same time daily As for the phantoms, I have no idea on that subject, but I one or two mates in the Shep world with bitches that have a terrible time with their girls, I'll ask them when they are back from showing this weekend.
  • Obviously I meant "grammes" in the above post :0
    Here's our new addition (at the front) making our pack complete "JJ" is a long coated boy bred for temperament as well the obvious good looks. Hopefully he will be introduced to the Upbeats within the next month. :)
    imageimage
  • Lola came fourth at the schnauzer club show on sat

For the first time I felt aggrieved tbh as I was told by several people upon entering the ring the order in which the dogs would be called and they were right

We then came in 4th and it was not played with a straight bat IMO

Seems that we are becoming more known in the circles which is good but we are not Nesc being treated in the same manor as certain breeders

I do understand the need to keep the breeders in the certificates as ultimately they continue to keep the breed healthy

But it should be a bit of a fairer field IMO

Oh well off to the next show In a couple of weeks

Found a great country pub called the dun cow just outside the horrid city of Coventry

Red midland I don't know if you know of it but pal well worth a visit with your good lady
  • Lol, the same thing happened to us at Maidstone. A friend of Baileys breeder bumped into us in between classes and called the first three out before all the entered dogs were in the ring based on what the judge was known to prefer.......
    I think it was 2012, a judge told Mrs Redmidland that as good as our dogs were, she preferred the more Germanic lines. You wait until you find out the judge awards a Red to a dog only for you to discover the judge bred the dog, that's a right kick in the nuts. ;)
  • Two of the dogs who won , one in Lola's class and 1 in the next one up were from the breeder who had recently studded the bitch owned by the judge but because it was after 6 months it's deemed not conflicting

It does annoy you as you have spent good money and time getting to the shows

To not get a fair chance is a bit sad of them
  • It goes on everywhere D, it's one of the reasons I stopped showing Bailey the other two being he lost his knackers. ;) I'm a little tempted to show JJ when he's old enough, but at the moment I just show him once a year up in Nottingham at Mrs Redmidland's show which is a great day out with couple of hundred Sheps in a field and a good pi55 up in the evening. :)
  • Sponsored links:

• I will spray paint lola and come along
  • Lol, you'd be made more welcome than I was when I turned up at a Breed standard show with Xena..................
  • Bailey getting back on the sleeve, just like the old days. Nearly 100% fit again.............. :)imageimage
  • Mate they both look In mint condition nice garden too
  • Bailey and Xena meet JJ, all the pleasantries done and dusted in 5 minutes, Bailey had a grumble, Xena had a bark, JJ submitted to both, Jobs done. All mates together........... :)
    imageimage
  • Bailey teaching the little fella how its done. ;)image
  • JJ, doing some basic training at 8 weeks old................

http://youtu.be/bp78GjdUECM
  • I should've bought that kennel off you pal I have to build a run in my garden next weekend as I have Lola's buddy coming next week

We have been asked to train and ring train a boy that is going to be known as Marv

I didn't name him the wife did and she hates football and hadn't even heard of sordell lol
  • I should've bought that kennel off you pal I have to build a run in my garden next weekend as I have Lola's buddy coming next week

We have been asked to train and ring train a boy that is going to be known as Marv

I didn't name him the wife did and she hates football and hadn't even heard of sordell lol

Yeah ok mate I believe you. ;)
    Ebay mate, you can get panels made up ready, I have 4 down here but they are 6x6 so you'll need a van but your welcome to them.
  • Lovely pics as always, T.C.E
  • Sponsored links:

• Ray I may well take you up on that will pm you pal in the morning
  • edited April 2014
    With Baileys training moved to a Monday night, I took the little fella to watch and already he's showing he wants to learn. Even having a go on the bite sleeve! :)image
  • Run built Astro down and dogs to be kept off it

Marv sounds a great name this evening

The little fella joins the clan on Friday
  • Took this just before i finished paving it
  • You getting another pup

Run built Astro down and dogs to be kept off it

Marv sounds a great name this evening

The little fella joins the clan on Friday

You getting another pup D ?
    JJ' s coming on bundles, Xena seems to have adopted him. Although like all puppies he's always in bother and she ripped into him the other day and he was off like a scolded cat, Bailey will tolerate him but only when he's ready. If he's not JJ can expect to get get a set of teeth wrapped round his arse but mainly he's settled in ok.imageimage
  • Yeah the breeder has asked me to train and foster a boy 14 weeks old

When she said foster I was unsure but she told me it's a long term foster see how the two get on and it maybe the dog that will breed with Lola as this one comes from a long line of champ dogs on both father and mother sides

Looking forward to it but really concerned with Lola as she is real cool with older dogs but young ones she totally dominates and can seem to be too much for the young pups

That's why we built the kennel / run area as Lola ruined my garden and two dogs I dread to think what will happen that and the fact Lola eats stones I have to build a more safe environment for her and somewhere she can't dig to Australia

Any advice on how to get them together nicely
  • Yes mate, the run will help. Put the puppy in the run and let Lola out from the house into the garden, they can meet and greet through the panels. Go back to the house and watch from there, once they are ignoring each other (assuming they do) take Lola into to house. Introduce the puppy into the garden for a minute or two allowing Lola to watch from the house, then leaving Lola indoors go to the puppy and stand within grabbing distance and ask someone to release Lola into the garden. Don't introduce either dog while one is on the lead as the other should it fancy it's chances could get a bit bolshie. Also don't introduce them in the run as if it kicks off there would no means of escape for the weaker dog, they will have a scrap of some sort to determine the hierarchy and that within reason must be allowed to happen, if you prevent it sooner or later it will happen and it could be worse. Good luck with little "marvin" ;)
    I'm sure Lola will be fine, she has a lovely temperament. Look at Xena with JJ, I thought that would be a bloodbath.
  • The garden was going to be off limits too them both mate as I do t want it ripped to shreds but I will do that in the beginning to make the transition better
  • The garden was going to be off limits too them both mate as I do t want it ripped to shreds but I will do that in the beginning to make the transition better

Lol, you can't have a nice garden and dogs matey.... ;)

• As I have learned to my detriment mate

This weekend nearly killed me