Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Labradors, German Shepherds & Dogs.....

Comments

• Thanks guys, he has gone, the vet said he could tell by his eyes that his brain was gone, poor boy, at peace now though :-(
  • Remember all the good years you spent with him, Sadie.

Take care
  • So sorry to hear that news Sadie. I bet you gave him a wonderful life and he gave you very many happy memories.
  • Sorry to hear the sad news @sadiejane1981 he will be at The Bridge now, free from suffering and at peace.
  • GNelson said:

I'm getting a black lab puppy in ten days' time. He'll be 7 weeks old and is called Conrad. I have him for just over a year before he (hopefully) goes to dog school to become a Guide Dog. Can't wait!

Conrad left this morning to go on to formal training for the Guide Dogs. Absolutely gutted now as he has been such a good dog, but he will hopefully go on to do great things. If any of you are interested in being a puppy walker I can't recommend it highly enough, find out about it here.

• The not so little JJ at just under 19 weeks and is well on his way to becoming a Therapy dog at the earliest permitted age of 9 months. He's coming on bundles and is already joining in with Baileys advanced training class at less than 5 months old. image
  • Can anyone recommend a decent vets ? parkvets are useless
  • http://www.blackheathvets.co.uk
    Alan and James are the dogs nuts, both responsible for sorting Bailey and still our vets despite living 50+ miles away.
  • Cheers mate
  • The not so little fella with Bailey...image
  • Sponsored links:

• Bailey had his annual check up this week and his Thyroid levels are good so he will continue the medication for life but that is a small price to pay, there is a tiny abnormality in the liver but once again nothing to worry about. Tipping the scales at around 40kgs which seems to be his average weight he's looking very fit, keeping the weight right is the difficult bit. But all in in all, he's had a great preseason and is raring to go again. He's even accepted JJ now and happily shows him the ropes on what to do and what not to do........imageimage
  • Lovely pics, as always, T.C.E !

Good to have an update and SO pleased to hear both of your boys are fit & well.

Look forward to seeing them again before too long....just need a home game to be switched to a Sunday !
  • Lola is in the leeds champ show tomoz not expecting too much as she is coming into season and gets skittish

We are then putting her into the breeder for a week and staying up in Bridlington for a while
  • I know Bailey is handsome, but JJ is he something else? What gorgeous colouring - I think I am in love... Need to wipe his eyes though.
  • Lovely lads TCE but Bailey just edges it for me...
  • Our little girl Xena out in the sun......image

Lovely pics, as always, T.C.E !

Good to have an update and SO pleased to hear both of your boys are fit & well.

Look forward to seeing them again before too long....just need a home game to be switched to a Sunday !

Hopefully FF

Lola is in the leeds champ show tomoz not expecting too much as she is coming into season and gets skittish

We are then putting her into the breeder for a week and staying up in Bridlington for a while

Good luck D and enjoy the holiday..
    WSA said:

I know Bailey is handsome, but JJ is he something else? What gorgeous colouring - I think I am in love... Need to wipe his eyes though.

Black & Tan (Bailey) against Black & Gold (JJ) the is just coming through as gets rid of his puppy coat. He always has " sleepy eyes" as being a baby and in this heat he's always asleep.

Lovely lads TCE but Bailey just edges it for me...

Always have Preferred a fully grown Shepherd over the "Ah factor" of a puppy.
  • Lola is in the leeds champ show tomoz not expecting too much as she is coming into season and gets skittish

It was bloody hot up there today not a lot of shade, Our Westie bitch won the CC and BOB.

• Dansk_Red said:

Lola is in the leeds champ show tomoz not expecting too much as she is coming into season and gets skittish

It was bloody hot up there today not a lot of shade, Our Westie bitch won the CC and BOB.

Congratulations to you and yours Dansk.
  • Well done dansk

Bringing all my clan with me good to know that thanks will bring loads of water and get there early

• edited July 2014
    Just had a surreal pm on Facebook, it went......
    Hi Ray, I was just talking to Joyce S about the dogs and your name cropped up concerning Baileys work with the Upbeats at Charlton, my dad's name is "Sailor Brown" you "might" have heard of him. I have one of Carols dogs Carrakis Dizzi ............ who is related to Bailey (Same Grandfather)
  • Sponsored links:

• Quality ray

Lola was 4th today not surprising tbh as she was very jumpy

Although she showed well imo the 3 standards on the small size height wise were 1,2,3 and the judge is normally a mini judge so maybe there was a correlation

But what a great setting what a great show it was heaving

Was really funny watching a women trying to get 5 dogs in on 4 passes and then having a right nthrn spiv when stopped from coming in
  • Quality ray

Lola was 4th today not surprising tbh as she was very jumpy

Although she showed well imo the 3 standards on the small size height wise were 1,2,3 and the judge is normally a mini judge so maybe there was a correlation

But what a great setting what a great show it was heaving

Was really funny watching a women trying to get 5 dogs in on 4 passes and then having a right nthrn spiv when stopped from coming in

Well done D, (and Lola of course)
    Did you handle her again?

• Yeah mate I am still showing her myself, although I sorting wish I didn't today, I had dislocated a finger two weeks ago and put it back in but it was still killing tbh, lola was being her normal playful self and went to play whilst on lead with her sister

I wasn't ready for her as I was gassing with the good lady

And lola pulled and pulled my finger back out with it

I put it back in but jesus this time it was really hurting

It was very hard to show her but I dont believe it played a part in her placing
  • OUCH ! Sounds really painful, nla.

Hope it won't spoil your break with the family & that you enjoy your few days away. You deserve it.
  • My Grandson Leo learning how handle dogs,
    Leo road walks Bailey every Sunday some 3 miles. (Yes I am with him, in case of emergencies) Leo controls Bailey with voice control, no pulling on his lead, after all Bailey is about 15kgs heavier than Leo so there would only be one winner, but purely asking Bailey to slow Down and then stop when approaching the kerbside. The self confidence Leo shows (not cockiness) is returned by Bailey who listens intently, it's great to see. Well behaved dogs don't make good TV viewing.........image
  • Lovely pic, T.C.E !

You must be proud of both of them.
  • Lovely pic Ray, well behaved dogs should make good tv viewing, I watched that dangerous dog owners and proud the other night, made me so angry. I wish more great dogs like Bailey were in the public eye!
  • Lovely pic, T.C.E !

You must be proud of both of them.

Very much so FF, road walking Bailey is very different to anything else obviously there are a lot of other things to worry about but Leo talks to Bailey the whole time praising him and encouraging him and most importantly reassuring him, all any dog wants is a pack leader and within 5 minutes of his walk Bailey stops looking at me and is listening to Leo. It's always interesting to watch other dog walkers reaction as they are being dragged by their dogs and Leo is controlling Bailey verbally.

• Bailey and JJ (6 months old last Friday).... Forgot how much hard work a puppy is.. ;)imageimage
  • Seen two trainers in Avery Hill Park with their German Shepherds on my recent wonders down by the training ground. Beautiful dogs, always think whether they are yours or not